Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Bits

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Bits

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. The ability to subscribe to any channel using a certain number of bits

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Its been several years since the 1.25M - 5M bit badges were added to accommodate those who've given that much support. Some people have already hit the highest 5M bit tier in some channels, I think it would be a good idea to increase this once again up to 10M.

If one were to continue the trend of widening the jump between the previous badges, there should be 5 additional badges added, in increments of 1M, (6M, 7M, 8M, 9M, 10M).

I've heard talk about Twitch experimenting with a different way to cheer without bits, and if that is to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Twitch removed the option to watch ads for bits and I want it back.

Being able to send free earned bits had been an amazing opportunity for those who can not afford it but still want to support their favorite channels.

Taking away that feature for Multiplayer Ads is a huge downgrade, it does not allow each individual to have a freedom of choice with the earned bits as it used to be.

Please bring back Ads for Bits.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I did not want to be part of the Twitch Cheering Experiment. I am a small streamer and rely heavily on my stream alerts gimmicks to fund raise. The Cheering Experiment has massively reduced my income and the platform takes a larger cut and it doesn't even do anything cool when someone donates.

Twitch sent a stealthy email on the 20th and only gave us til the 24th to opt out but I only found out yesterday. I can safely say I don't want to be part of the experiment and would like to opt out immediately. There should be…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be really cool if you could have a treasure box system using the bits the streamer buys.

This system would have a global space where any viewer could find their treasure box raffle.

Example:
    Streamer puts 100 bits and in order for other users to participate and earn these bits they need to do missions.

Among them could be:

Follow the channel;

Watch for 60 minutes;

Watch 1 ad;

Share the channel.

This tool exists on the trovo live platform, and even if they are competitors, good ideas should be shared.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please. I feel its a simple request. In @JustinTheRealSchiele stream we love raccoons, and raccoons are loved as a meme. They are simply lovable and popular little creatures. So this is a petition to have them as bits so we can drop raccoon bits. Please. I think it would be great for the entire community.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A lot of streamers have fun and engaging interactions when viewers use certain amounts of bits (including those outside of third-party extensions like blerp/sound alerts). I believe it could be beneficial for Twitch, the streamer, and newer cheerer to allow streamers to set 1-3 "recommended cheers".

These would be displayed when someone opens up the bit menu, and the streamer could add a title and description in addition to the amount—much like channel points. This would enable viewers to more easily find special cheer amounts (such as if Cheer500 would make them eat a mystery jelly bean or something) without…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Many users like to work towards a badge goal when gifting subs and bits. Total subs gifted in a channel is already tracked each time someone gifts a sub, which allows the user to understand how close they are to the next sub badge (i.e. "PersonA has gifted a sub to PersonB. PersonA has gifted a total of 975 subs in the channel" -> now they know if they gift 25 more subs, they will get the 1K subs badge). I'm proposing something similar for bits, either publicly or locally so that the user can see their total bits contributed…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sometimes it can be difficult to block and ban friends you know.
    So, you need to block the route of sending messages through chat and sponsorship. In this case, you can still use Bits to chat.
    There is a way to block the maximum request price, but most streamers want to use it delicately, so the required price is low, and it takes a little longer and cumbersome to access this part to change it.
    So Bits needs a quick accessible pause function.

It would be nice if the streamer could set this in the chat window options to make…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Imagine being able to recycle Bits that have been cheered to you. You could either store them in your Bits balance, cash them out via PayPal, or Re-Cheer them to other streamers!

Other streamers, like myself, who are constantly having Bits cheered to us during our own streams would greatly benefit from this feature. It would be a great way for the Twitch community to interact with one another, to support smaller streamers.

Consider that not all streamers need the income. Some only stream for fun, or as a hobby, so the choice should be left up to each individual…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. improve the gifting. the gifting have different gif gift type. example 100 bit for a rose gif and option to choose how many to sent or custom numbers. Dont make it like this original like sent bit with same image. 1000 bit put another image. 2000 another image. and when make a combo of 1 time sending like 100 bits - 66 combo there will have a pop out gift gif at the chat.

and each 100 bits increase 10 exp to lvl the badge. 1 bits gift is 1 exp.
    and open 1 special gift that when u sent…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add a bits overlay goal widget similar to the sub/dono options now available

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The Streamer has the possibility to add a Emote, which the User can choose, kinda like "streamerCheer1000" that the Emote which the Streamer has selected, can be used to Cheer with it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Se serait sympa de proposer aux viewers la possibilité (moyennant un coût faible en bits de l'ordre de 50 à 100) de lancer des vidéos ou des effets en live de la même façon qu'en utilisant les points de chaînes. Je prends l'exemple de mes lives, lors de mes cast sur le jeu Age Of Empire 2 DE, je suis le seul à pouvoir lancer une OLA de spartiates à la couleur des joueurs in game afin de les encourager. Cette fonction permettrais aux viewers souhaitant soutenir leur favoris d'envoyer également une OLA.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. test

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bits Auto-Refill  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There are games within certain niches (e.g. the RPG Maker horror community) with more restrictive licenses on earning money from broadcasts of them than many other games. I'd like the ability to disable and re-enable bits (either whenever the streamer feels or on a per-stream basis) to allow for streaming these games without running the risk of unintentionally breaking their content guidelines by receiving a donation that I have no control over.

YouTube's streaming service offers the ability to freely disable their Super Chats and Super Stickers monetisation, making accidentally breaking usage guidelines in this way much less likely. Currently…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. My idea to stop fraudulent bits and their impact on streamers is twofold: 1) Create a system or process that listens and supports streamers impacted by the complete removal of cheering for channels triggered by fraudulent bit donations. 2) Emphasize assessing security behind the bit donating process/software rather than punishing streamers who have received these bits from users taking advantage of this obviously weak security flaw.

Fraudulent bits are obviously a large problem for Twitch as a business; however, more importantly, these faux donations are a larger problem for streamers: the financial backbone and foundation of Twitch.

Currently, Twitch has…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I'd suggest a tool so mods could accept or deny a bit message.

It happens that your streamer wants to roleplay but the chat is doing metagaming, right? Well, I used to think that sub mode or emote mode could've solved it, but there is always that enlightned user who sends bits and messes it up.

This case is the softiest. You also have hateful donos or spam that banning is not enough because if text-to-speech is enabled, the streamer ends up knowing.

At first my idea was to put all bits messages in automod queue so mods read them,…

185 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. To give the streamers more personalization, incorporating functionality to allow a streamer to add custom cheermotes in the same fashion they are able to for channel emotes and bit badges would be beneficial to the growth of a channel.

This would not be a change in the functionality of bit cheering, but rather a change in the cosmetics.

Thank you for your consideration.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6