Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

77 results found

1. Currently, Twitch themselves control when and where the ads appear in VOD's. The issue with that is that Twitch doesn't know where is the appropriate place to place said ads. It should be left to the user, as they can more appropriately place them, as to not disrupt the flow. Just tell the user how many ads and they can place them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Give streamers options for ad revenue during clips similar to the options during live streams. Streamers should get revenue for ads during clips.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In the Ad Scheduler (Until you have the ability to actually Manage Ads then this feature needs to be Renamed) there should be an option to choose which type of Ads your channel shows, ie Lower Thirds, pic-in-pic, display or audio.

For example most Broadcasters may actually be open to showing 22min/hour of ads (current max setting in scheduler) if those 3mins of ads every 8min on stream were lower thirds ads that didn't block access to viewing the stream or listening to its audio.

Then in the Scheduler which you could now call a Manager, show what the potential…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. nao apareceu pra mim proposta do fluxo de ad nas minhas lives,tem algum lugar expecifico para que eu possa escolher?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. all ads sponsor with Twitch could be selective for streamers to choose and play them manually or at a time triggered. Before went on live, streamer should be able to choose and for example go to the home page top left category and select the kind of ads they want to play with. (viewers could also go to see what sponsor ads are supporting with the platform)
    Or
    ads company could create new form of ads to immerse into streamer's screen such as water mark & transparency logo flowing in a certain amount of time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Affiliates don’t earn enough from ads to have to deal with the headache of them consistently rolling when they’re gaming or whatever content they’re doing! We should have the option to TRUELY DISABLE THEM or have a timer when the next one is gonna show, YouTube has a marker that shows when an ad is gonna run, I get with live streaming that isn’t possible but if I know the times they’re gonna run, I’ll be sure to not start a game or pause the video or stop my content for the 3 minutes it’s gonna run, so my community…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. voy a ser sincero, he dado mas dinero a twitch q a mi propia familia, no me importa, no es el tema pero la publicidad es tan molesta que me frustran. odio su pagina porque no saben filtrar eso, meten tanta publicidad que esto se va a pudrir, podrian parar de molestar con eso a gente que ha dado mil dolares o mas, no existe un filtro, no veré otras personas en twitch, no esperare 1 minuto o dos cada 5 minutos. el dinero los transformo tanto que será lo mismo que los matará, dejen de llenarme las pelotas con…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We could have either an API that sends a signal for when an ad is about to be played or an option on the Stream Manager that plays something when an ad is about to play.

So at least the streamer is aware of when to pause the game to do a bathroom break or not go in an critical part and make the viewers lose it because of an ad.

That would help some of us with selective focus and don't have 2 monitors to keep track of the ads in a full screen game.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would like to not run ads at all. I get that streamers get revenue, but its so small to me, that it doesn't really matter. I, like a few people I've interacted with, directly or indirectly, feel like the random roll of ads (sometimes a 3 minute ad will roll) deters new viewers from sticking around longer to find if they like the streamer. There are some people who just aren't "on" for the entire stream and it takes a good 2 minutes for an interesting topic to come up, but when you already say through ads, you decide…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I think streamers should be making more for ads that are run. 3.50 isn’t enough for 1,000 views most ppl are just starting out and it’s not fair to them to not even get 1000 views.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add an alert to the alert system streamers can configure that will kick off a use-defined period of time before a scheduled ad break begins. That way everyone knows without doubt that a break is about to happen. The streamer can pause or at least be aware that the ads are happening and people are missing content, and the experience will improve for everyone. Streamers who don't want the alerts could simply not use them, of course.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. There's a drop down in the Ads Manager to send a notification a certain number of minutes before a scheduled ad is about to play. It defaults to OFF.

However, setting this to something other than OFF apparently does not work, because no notification appears either for the viewer or the streamer.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Can we please have a grace period of at least a few minutes before automated ads run again after the stream crashes? It is highly annoying when the scheduled ad sequence starts from scratch and messes up the whole timing of breaks, not to mention how annoying it is for non-subbed viewers.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. i have YOUR ad schedule on my channel and after 8= hours of streaming i've made all of $0.68... whats this 55% when i don't even get 1% for running what you suggest... and $100 to cash out? why it's MY MONEY, sorry you have to pay some kind of fee, but you can cover it with all the ad revenue you dont give out.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. i would love to see an option to set ads to the exact same time every hour. for example: every hour at X:45 there will be 120 seconds for ads, so it doesnt matter when i start or end my stream - the ads will always show up at the same time. if i start streaming at 8PM and end my stream at 11PM there will be ads at 8:45-8:47 and again 9:45-9:47 and once more at 10:45-10:47. it would be awesome if you can add this option to the ad manager, i would love to place my ad breaks…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. i work to get affiliate, then get told if i run ad's i'll get paid for them... where the F is my ad revenue? cause i've run ads according to you system and have been paid 1 time, and that was on a stream i didn't have ads activated for. so should i just stop running ads to get ad revenue?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. For me, the whole thing about the Ads Manager is being a fallback mechanism to ensure the preroll ads don't get turned on. As it is right now... it simply does not do that.

There's no fix for snoozing (not directly), but running a manual ad should not count against an ad that's scheduled after pre protection expires.

Really, though, the correct fix is to give us a programmable interface. My bot should be able to read the current settings, and modify it to whatever's necessary...

a. I want to know when the next ad is scheduled.
    b. I want
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I'm a small streamer, there's so many out there like me, and I do speedruns. People can miss things during the runs, ask me things then miss replies or leave during a pre-roll. I had them turned off but now it's forced on people because of Amazons profit-first approach. You're turning people away and, frankly, ruining something I enjoy doing. And I know I'm not the only one who feels that way. Small streamers earn almost nothing, we put content out there that you make money from, but are most at risk of losing the few viewers they have. Just…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Steamers should be able to toggle ads on their streams instead of being forced to have ads that they might not want or even profit from

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Every streamer on twitch who isnt a Partner with the new revenue share, is complaining about the increase in ads lately. All of our conversations get interrupted.
    If we run ads the prerolls stop for a bit but then the viewer gets a 6 part preroll ad after the cooldown. This is pushing people off twitch because no one can subscribe to everyones channel. On top of that we are losing some of our sub revenue right? In exchange for maybe 5 bucks of ads a month?

Why cant we have ads that dont interfere with the entire screen or…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?