Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management

This Forum concerns: Login, Connections and Password Resets

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

387 results found

1. Consistently and annoyingly often I receive “unexpected errors” or similar when requesting password reset (which leads to me not being able to reset password for DAYS) or most recently being unable to simply add and verify my mobile number. It’s ridiculous and needs to be fixed. I cannot chat in some chats because they are verify only. Fix the whole app.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I have a few ideas that I think would be great changes to the username system. To start off I believe the "4 letter" name rule is far outdated I don't see an issue with 3 letter names being allowed, some user already have 3 letter names (I.E. XqC, ABE,Pat,Red) so it's 100% doable. Another change that I think would be great is to allow more characters/symbols in names, such as ( ' - ~ / \ | ) ETC. Including symbols diacritics (e.g. ú, ÿ, ç, å, ē) should also be allowed in usernames, they're already used in other…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The login form is currently absolutely broken for Firefox.
    It always says "something went wrong" upon submitting the form, making it impossible to login to twitch.
    Outrageous.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. If someone goes by NameWasTaken and gets the emote prefix "name1" then changes their name to, say, NameVT, dont 'offer' the 'randomly generated' Prefix of "name1" to them again if they already have it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Provide a means of alerting users of notable and significant changes to Twitch as these changes go live. Something similar is in place for creators and moderators in the form of the "What's New & Feedback" icon, but this does not always cover every change. People should be alerted to all changes, even cosmetic ones, especially if key features would be affected.

In particular, it would be good if there could be an option to sign up for a mailing list for announcements made via the Twitch blog as well as updates to the Community Guidelines. This would be especially…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Seria bom uma opção de ver os aparelhos conectados e os seus detalhes: como ip, marca, localização e o modo que está conectado ou que tentou entrar, também tendo como renomear o nome do aparelho, assim como tem na Google, eu peço isso, pois invadiram a minha conta e só percebi isso 2 meses depois, e se tivesse isso, não teria rolado essa invasão e sim, eu olhei os e-mails e não tinha 1 indicando que entraram na minha conta

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Connections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Now that Twitch has enabled streamers to require phone number verification to use their chat, I and many others have had to add a verified mobile number to my account. The problem, however, is I can now reset my password via SMS, which I did not ask for. This is especially problematic because Twitch's 2FA solution can also be bypassed via a phone number that's required to set up 2FA at all, even if the user has a secure authenticator app, meaning an attacker with access to the user's phone number can defeat both factors. Twitch just suffered a data…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be nice to receive notifications when my clips are deleted by the system (with an indication of the reason) or by a streamer.
    Sometimes it is unclear whether clip violates the rules or simply failed to create.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow streamers to put out a push notification when they are on somebody else's stream. Allow them to post to social media through the dashboard. Let viewers have the option to turn on this type of notification (similar to how Twitter has notifications for all tweets and live tweets).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. make asian usernames only visable to people with their browser in that language

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Log IPs of all attempted logins to an account. This way we can report suspicious behavior to you and to authorities/banks when it occurs.

Reason being, I have received multiple 2FA codes on my phone and have no way to report these unauthorized attempts to access my account. I have changed my PW and am still receiving these codes. I have ran two separate virus checkers and come back empty from both.

Thank you.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. If someone has my email, phone number (optional of course), twitter username, instagram username, snapchat, facebook, youtube, or discord id etc, I would love for these people to be able to find my twitch profile with in the twitch eco system and not have to leave the site to try to find me
    Every other social profile I've had in my life time, has had an option to "import" contacts, I would love to see this be a native feature on twitch to help organic discoverability.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Connections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Creating a feature to enable or disable to create pin code (3/4/5 digit) before login for authorized web pc or app. By having this feature, the authorized twitch app or web can be entered after by a pin. User need to input code digit before able to see home twitch screen as usual.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Login  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I was hoping to see notifications for clips implemented for both broadcasters and editors, possibly moderators.

I know that viewers of all calibers like to create clips, but I think that it would allow me, as a moderator and an editor, to be able to optimize my job if there were notifications whenever clips were created and by whom, in conjunction with possible modified editors functions that happen in the future. Some people like to create clips, download them, and then delete the clips, and it feels like there is no recourse against those kinds of clippers, especially if we…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Change Notification settings UI for all platforms into a table. The settings are repetitive and it would save space as well. Plus there's so much energy to internally put brainpower into setting personal notification preferences (email, web, mobile notifications)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would like to get a notification if I get VIP or moderator status in a stream.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow Twitch authorization of viewers that are also Patron supporters. This will solve the confusion of supporters that do not use Twitch account names as Patreon account names. Also a special badge would be very convenient to represent even the viewer that is a Twitch sub & a Patron supporter.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Connections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have officially hit the 2000 following limit (that is,me following others) about 5 times now. This has happened as I have gone to two Twitchcons and expanded my network, trying to follow all the other cool creators I've met. Not sure why this cap is in place, but it's incredibly tedious to have to go back, weed through my follower list (which has grown over the last 5 years) and manually remove people in order to follow someone new.

Perhaps we can at least expand the follower capability for partners, who will undoubtedly be making more connections since Twitch…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I'll keep it simple, a BUYABLE feature like turbo and prime that sets the user in a VIP category that is unbannable by streamer mods and host , Twitch mods would be the only one that can ban a vip . streamers and host can report them for breaking rules that are set by TWITCH and TWITCH ONLY. after the mod would look at the chat logs and clip of the vip user the twitch mod would determine if he/she broke rules set by twitch.

This would help combat corrupt abusive admins and streamers because ive been banned on some…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. a better view bot detector and equal clothing attire for 2d and 3d thats straight forward, bc the category named (Vrchat) is known for both issues and most streamers don’t stream and publics so they are in control of what the viewer see and they are also wearing less attire then 2d and irl streamers

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?