Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Mobile

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: Mobile

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

787 results found

1. When using the twitch app in splitview the sidebar background color is different than when the app is not in splitview. See issue: https://imgur.com/a/fVjbZeQ

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. To keep all members of the community safe, all users should be either affiliate or have phone number verification enabled before they are able to do mobile live streams.

Similar platforms have mobile live streaming requirements for obvious reasons, twitch should as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow cash app to be part of donations, a lot of young streamers don’t really have access to a ssn from there parents so we can’t use PayPal instead we could use cash app and be way easier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. when someone is banned from a channel and a reason for the ban was added (/ban <user> <reason>) the reason isn't displayed on mobile twitch, even if it is displayed in browser.

this leads to multiple unban requests going "why was i banned" even when a clear reason was given, which wastes both the single unban request and the time of moderators, and disincentivises the use of the <reason>-feature.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hanging problems increased a lot while watching broadcasts. It's been going on for a few months, and that's true for all the posts I've mentioned. I want to say that there is no problem with my internet. Please solve this problem in the mobile application now.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I use a physical keyboard with my Android device. Most apps (so far, ALL of my apps except for Twitch) support physical keyboards automatically. If Twitch supported physical keyboards for chat, I'd be able to engage with streams no matter where I am. As it is, if I want to chat with streamers, I have to move to my PC so I can use a keyboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The ability to update the stream using a button on the phone to reduce the delay time

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow that option to change between "true pause" like how it normally does on videos and the old pause where it skipped to the live part of the stream. I found the old one useful for quickly getting rid of stream delay but for some reason Twitch recently changed it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We would like someway to easily host a streamer's stream on the Twitch website for the desktop.

Right now, in order to host a channel, users must go into their own chat and type in "/host [streamer username]", which requires them to leave the stream they're in. My idea is to have the button similar to the Mobile Twitch App, where it's integrated in the 'Share' function that automatically hosts the channel. Having a dedicated 'Host' button appear next to the 'Subscribe' button will also be preferred!

With the ease of hosting, it will increase the number of hosts a…

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Mark as read so that notifications go away

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Launch a new twitch app detected to helping streams manage the channel on the go called twitch monitor witch will allow:

A customisable stream managing/ mod page like the stream manager page on the desktop website

Content page with all past broadcasts and twitch clips with access to upload all clips and past broadcasts to YouTube, TikTok or any other social media platform

Allow streaming direct from the app as well as updating game category, tags and title

And many more features that can be added later with the help of the twitch user voice integration allowing feature requests directly…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Twitch app needs widget support for iOS and Android. This widget contains the streamers that you're following that are currently live. Different grid sizes would be nice as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please fix chat sync issues that happens on VODs where the stream was lagged/disconnected due to poor reception. Often happens on IRL streams.

Example: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1428073942?filter=archives&sort=time

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I’m on my phone and chromecasting to my tv. But for some reason the volume I have on my phone will lock to what I had when I started casting. So going to other apps while casting is very annoying because the volume is locked to what you want the tv to be on. YouTube has a smother casting experience and I would like twitch’s to be better

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Talking about Android app, but i saw the iOS app is more or less the same.

The main reason i didn't use the official app is because the Following screen/tab layout, the main page when you enter the app, is not as pleasant to see as it should be. Mainly by the order of the sections showed.

Actually the order of the sections showed in the Following screen are:
    - Categories (you follow).
    - Online Channels (you follow).
    - Suggestions.
    - Continue Watching (history).
    - Offline channels (you follow).

My issues with this layout are:
    - Because is "Following", the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In mobile (at least in Android), if you go to a channel with collection, and go to the Videos Tab, the collections section are above the other ones, like last streams, highlights and uploads.

In the desktop website, a creator can arrange the order of the sections in that video tab and customizate it. This costumization is not respected in the mobile version of their channels.

The request is to respect that customization in the mobile version too, or put the sections in the video tab in mobile in a different and more coherent order putting the "Last Streams" section…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. BLOCK PHONE SCREEN FROM VIEWERS DURING MOBILE GAME STREAMS

I was wondering if we could make the mobile streaming while playing a mobile game a bit safer.

I'd like the ability to blind my viewers when playing a mobile game, bc sometimes certain games have certain in game notifications that cant be turned off, and pop up upon game start that show my email or other types of information I may not want shown asking me certain things, including updates for games.

I'd like the ability to push an eyeball indicator which will blind the screen and allow me to…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Android  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Some time ago this creator mode was released and many people could not see the messages in the chat. It was a constant "you were disconnected from the chat" or something like that.

Now this piece of **** of creator mode is back again, and AGAIN the messages are gone.

I'm not getting the disconnected thing, but I can't see the messages. Here I was streaming for two guys, I thought they were the silent type... but no, for my surprise when I closed the game there was a lot of unanswered messages.

Just give us the old app and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When I try to resume a broadcast replay I’m watching, the Twitch app will consistently lose my place in the video and make me hunt around for it. This especially prevalent in longer broadcasts.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Can you guys please add the headphone button the same way youtube has it in the PIP window to background the stream if we choose to want to just background the app and have audio only. I've requested this by emails but never get any response.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?