There was an error during translation

Developers

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It was very useful for my little game but I would have liked a vip tag.
    Except that it has served me perfectly. Thank you very much.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I know this has it's own endpoint but would be nice to have them in once place

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. So a developer can ask the api for just bits reward tier emotes or the "regular" sub emotes

This applies to both

• Get Channel Emotes
    • Get Emote Set
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Consideration  ·  0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. At the moment, only the broadcaster is allowed to use the polls and predictions endpoints because the broadcaster id must match the OAuth token. I think that allowing moderators of the specific channel should also be able to use these endpoints. This would be really helpful for Chatterino for example. In order for moderators to create polls or predictions, they have to go to the actual chat on the website to type in /prediction or /poll. If moderators were able to access the endpoint, Chatterino could easily add a command to bring up a window to create a poll or…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Events endpoints like https://api.twitch.tv/helix/moderation/banned/events and https://api.twitch.tv/helix/moderation/moderators/events only provide a short history of events.

This makes it difficult when a 3rd party dev takes on a new client to collect historical data from before they started offering services to the new client. Answering a question like when did I mod this mod? Is not something that can be answered without historical data.

Allowing a request for as much historical data as available (hopefully more then the current amount provided by the endpoints) or requesting for a specific time amount would allow new 3rd party dev and single custom one off developers…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. There does not seem be an equivalent for v5's chat endpoints. In particular, there does not appear to be an endpoint for getting all emoticons such as https://api.twitch.tv/kraken/chat/emoticons.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Include the same data as received from https://api.twitch.tv/helix/moderation/banned/events. Primarily event timestamp (time when the ban/unban action occurred) and the id (allows checking for duplication with eventsub messages already received when pulling from helix)

Add the following fields to "event" paylod for ban/unban eventsub messages:
    "id": "1IPFqmlu9W2q4mXXjULyM8zX0rb",
    "action_timestamp": "2019-03-13T15:55:19Z"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  EventSub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. EventSub Beta for channel.prediction.end event/status should be consistent with helix casing of status, i.e "Valid values are RESOLVED, and CANCELED."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  EventSub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. EventSub Beta for channel.poll.end and channel.poll.progress event/status should be consistent with helix casing of status, i.e "Valid values are COMPLETED, ARCHIVED, and TERMINATED"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  EventSub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The current APIs max out at 100 items per page, and while this is fine for most channels, there are some where you end up having to paginate for a long time to reach the end of the list.

Given there is rate limiting in place, would it be possible to make an endpoint (or use the current endpoints and add an "all" query parameter) with a high rate-limit cost that allows for the bulk fetching of this information?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Can you please double check the meaning of the sentences covered in this page (ex: Send the user you want to authenticate to your registered redirect URI. -> you dont't send them to the redirect URI but to the Twitch uri under the cited pharagraph) And the 'token+idtoken' is not equal to 'token%20idtoken' (the 'token id_token' is) the '+' signs encoded to '%2B' which trows an error whereas the ' ' (space) encoded to '%20' which returns the desired result.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. You could once enter redirect URLs in this format which is useful for cookie testing:
    http://some.prefix.localhost:8080/auth/twitch/callback

Now I can no longer change the URLs of my application without removing this entry. I would like it to allow HTTP for domain names ending in [some.prefix].localhost not just localhost.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Site  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drops  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. API endpoints should be implemented within the moderation:read or channel:moderate scope (not sure which would be the better fit) for the info present in the /user panel in mod view.

I imagine it would work very similarly to /helix/moderation/banned/events but with two major differences:
    • broadcaster_id would not require matching the user_id in the auth token; it would just need to match a broadcaster_id that the user is a moderator for.
    • user_id in the API call becomes a required parameter to keep it in line with how the /user panel works today

This should result in allowing applications to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The ability to interact with ban appeals with API would be a useful tools for developers who create full moderation/management suites for broadcasters. This could include the ban reason, the appeal reason. This would also help us fill the gaps with missing information that Twitch has right now, like tracking the number of appeals or storing the appeal reason after approved.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The ability to interact with ban appeals with API would be a useful tools for developers who create full moderation/management suites for broadcasters. This could include the ban reason, the appeal reason. This would also help us fill the gaps with missing information that Twitch has right now, like tracking the number of appeals or storing the appeal reason after approved.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The Developer APIs are often used to resolve relationships with sets of accounts used in follow bots through the Block User Endpoint. It would be useful if we could expand the reasons to allow developers to programmatically report bot accounts to help Twitch in removing these accounts. We are all actively building systems to help combat this issue on behalf of Twitch, so let us do our best to help your team.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I see you have it in your v5 API https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/v5/reference/channels#reset-channel-stream-key

But it seems like there's no way to do this in the current API? This would allow someone to create an automated channel for a community, like the Randomania channel, or the ZeldaSpeedruns channel

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add optional parameter for "user_id" as many of the other endpoints.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?