Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Have a setting to record when streaming is started along with the ability to have overlay parts hidden from recording.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Start playing nice with VPNs. I use a paid VPN and I am constantly being disconnected from the chat and missing out on chat logs. The video also randomly disconnects. I watch other streaming services and this does not happen.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. About a week ago all the videos look like crap quality as if it was in 144p and no matter if I choose a better quality it still stays bad! Please help cause' this is the only place I watch Smite and can't see it correctly.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sometimes I find myself in a place or location where my internet connection isn't great, I'm sure I'm not alone and it doesn't make sense that you can't reduce the resolution. Why is this even a restriction? I want to support and enjoy certain smaller streamers and find myself not being able to for this reason

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Additionally, it should NEVER choose any other quality than the last selected. It is utterly annoying having to change quality, reload the page and then make sure the quality doesn't change on it's own, before getting to watch streams.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The past 2 or 3 nights my streams have been ending and restarting throughout the stream. It's not a bandwidth thing on my end because I have 100Mbps download and 18 Mbps upload speed. Please help

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hi everyone I’m new to this

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Every time I stream on the Xbox series x, the stream becomes pixelated every time I make fast movements or some times for no reason. Please fix this issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Playing streams at 60fps leads to lots of short buffers and regular intrerruptions. Having an option to play 60fps streams at 30fps regardless of whether the streamer only offers the source, should be a feature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Your video player spikes my cpu useage every few seconds while desktop is idle. I have an i5 9600k and that should be more than enough. Browsers already have a use hardware acceleration where available option. You could default yours to hw acc off if you wanted to, but please give us the option to be able to change this setting or let the browser setting switch it. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Affiliates need quality options as a staple.
    As a trade-off, Only partners can stream at 1080p

Limit affiliates to 720p30 this will lighten the load on the overall bandwidth needed, allow more people to watch when they live in poor speed zones, it will also add a nice little perk for partners.

As an affiliate, I just started and stoped the stream until I got the options..
    I would have been happy with 720p30

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. twitch should have india servers without them the live stream buffer and twitch should invite streamers so they can attract india's audience

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please add a server to the MiddleEast, because I have a very fast internet but still I can’t stream on a good or average streaming quality!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I think it's stupid to not give everybody the possibility to choose which video quality have to watch his/her favourite streamer.
    Best regards,
    Tibermlg

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Website updates

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. You should provide more quality options for the smaller Twitch channels as well as non-partnered channels. Right now, you can only have more quality options if you are a streamer with a high amount of viewers or a Twitch Partner. This means that the quality is stuck on "Source" and cannot be altered whatsoever. This needs to be changed. I am on a Chromebook and I can't watch a whole 1080p60/30 or 720p60/30 quality stream without the stream constantly buffering every few seconds. When it stops buffering, it 'plays' the stream for about a few more seconds before it starts…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Twitch video seems to be decoding on my 3D cores and video decode consecutively. AMD Radeon VII. This is a problem beginning in the middle part of this year 2020. While playing Scar Citizen load seems to begin shifting between the 3D cores and video decode. Video decode should never touch my 3D cores or I should have an option in my settings to set stream decoding to "Video decode only!" Performance was perfect before now streams are prone to studders and freezing when my GPU is under heavy load.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. it would be novel if my stream for AC Valhalla that had 4 viewers as a start had enough bitrate that they didn't run for the hills because it was un viewable!!! This is not an isolated issue for smaller streamers either!!! No its not my internet I have Fiber so I have plenty of headroom on network since I alone use it. Fix it twitch small streamers deserve a fair shake!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?