Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Have a setting to record when streaming is started along with the ability to have overlay parts hidden from recording.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I can't speak for everyone, but 160p is by far the worst looking, and sounding, quality. For those with terrible internet speeds, that's fine, but I'm totally fine with my video 30 seconds behind the streamer over this terrible quality that's coming in regardless of what quality I put it at (as it automatically downgrades to 160p if it can't handle it, heavens forbid we put you 15 seconds behind the streamer). I just want the ability to tell twitch on my side, once and for all, NO 160P QUALITY FOR ME.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. olum bu şeyin kalitesi değişmiyor kalite ayarı olmasına rağmen

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Every time I stream on the Xbox series x, the stream becomes pixelated every time I make fast movements or some times for no reason. Please fix this issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. This is already a feature on Chrome but I don't see it working on Firefox.

On Chrome, when you have a stream playing in another tab and that tab is not focused for some time, the video quality is automatically reduced to save bandwidth and when you go back to the stream tab, the quality goes back to normal.

This doesn't happen on Firefox though. It might be a browser limitation but it would be great if the Twitch folks took a look at this.

Firefox users deserve dynamic quality switch too :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. From what I've heard people have been getting host-botted. High amount of hosts from bots at one time, to where the streamer can't go live.
    Hosting/raiding is a big part of this community, and I think if this is happening then we could really use people looking into how to prevent it.
    Thanks,
    Rivvr

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. increase the binary rate to have videos in 4K, current technology allows it and it would be necessary to evolve with the new sources and not to limit oneself to 1080p

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Auto fix incorrectly named videos and automatically improve video performance

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Give a possibility to low internet speed, who can't watch source, to watch little streamers who don't have video quality selection.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I stream sometimes, just for fun. I stream Fortnite and there is just one problem. The stream can hear me but it cannot hear my teammates that I am playing with. I think that Twitch should add it to where it can hear everyone you are playing with. I’m having this problem on Xbox.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Playing streams at 60fps leads to lots of short buffers and regular intrerruptions. Having an option to play 60fps streams at 30fps regardless of whether the streamer only offers the source, should be a feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. For a lot of non-gaming content the doubling of bandwidth/vod size just isnt necessary, its the most economical way to stream or save broadcasts in a still acceptable quality. Removing it as an option while keeping 360 and 480 doesnt make sense (166 at least serves a purpose as a quasi-audio only option)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Your video player spikes my cpu useage every few seconds while desktop is idle. I have an i5 9600k and that should be more than enough. Browsers already have a use hardware acceleration where available option. You could default yours to hw acc off if you wanted to, but please give us the option to be able to change this setting or let the browser setting switch it. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The video quality other than the (Source), the quality is really bad.

The source is: (720p 60fps) avc1.640020,mp4a.40. than is really good
    If I switch to (720p 60fps) (Non Source) avc1.4D401F,mp4a.40.2 the quality is really bad and the same for others

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add all presets for nvenc encoding. for example max quality encoding on Nvidia NVENC. Would be nice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Nachdem die Qualität als Zuseher in letzter Zeit immer schlechter wurde bekommt man jetzt auf der Twitch Homepage auch noch die Meldung das man nicht auf Twitch schaut. Was soll denn so ein Blödsinn?
    Ich hoffe ihr fangt mal an die Qualität wieder mehr in den Vordergrund zu Rücken. Das geht ja gar nicht!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. YouTube videos are saved automatically. YouTubers don't have to do that. Twitch can just as well save VOD's permanently, not making streamers do so. If a streamer wants to delete it or put it somewhere else, they can do that. But the option to have it permanently on Twitch should be put in place. I think you have the money to do this. 60 days is not enough.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bug report:

Context: I'm fullscreen on MacOS Safari, on a Twitch stream.

The Bug: Periodically, the playback controls UI, including the progress bar, appear without any user interaction. They should stay invisible unless I move my mouse.

The cause: That chat window seems to instigate this issue. If I go out of fullscreen mode, and hide the chat view, and go back to fullscreen, the issue no longer occurs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?