Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allowing customization of the Founder Badge's appearance, like the Bit & Sub Badges, will let streamers make the badge better fit to the theme of their channel and less generic looking.

415 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow me to disable the sub anniversary reminder permanently. The chat UI allows me to ignore it for a month, but I never want to see it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Watchalong streams often have people posting spoilers. Some moderators introduce emote mode, but this prevents discussion.

A solution to this would be a feature to introduce a moderator-controlled delay to the chat. Therefore, people could continue writing comments live, but everyone elsewould get them a bit later (say 5, 10, 20, 30 seconds).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. No se porque nadie puede ver mis comentarios en el chat y en el resubido tampoco veo mis comentarios. ¿Saben como puedo solucionarlo?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like to have the ability to enable an option where new viewers to a stream can see previous messages posted in chat. There are times when viewers may come into a chat, but have no context, with what the streamer is discussing as they are unable to see previous messages in chat. There are also times where regular viewers may have to temporarily leave the stream, but then when they return only a little bit later, they are unable to see what was previously posted in chat. I know other streaming services, such as YouTube and Mixer, by…

126 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Lets put limits on repeated messages or at least message length, my entire chat experience is ruined due to copy pastas clogging and suffocating any type of interesting conversations going on. It is literally an entire paragraph thats copied and really needs to stop. I would also accept a way to mass block anyone who copy pastas like that. Just sayin, any popular league stream is just copy pasta, salt, toxicity and KEKW. I lose IQ points every time I try to enjoy a stream.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make the chat so that it loads previous messages when you enter a stream

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Trolls use stream points to highlight their offensive messages. When a moderator bans them, their regular posts are deleted while the highlighted messages remain visible. The highlighted messages should be deleted as well.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Block all links automatically that are not trusted/owned by twitch and make the streamers manually add links they trust to a whitelist for whispers and their twitch chat

Noticed for the past 2 years that there has been active group DDoSing old school runescape streamers with fake lookalike ip grabbing links, like clipstwitch .live, imgur .us, gyazo .nl and yȯutube .com and they dont even get punished for it

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I know this was a feature previously and I'm still not sure why it was removed with an update. I feel that having multiple chat rooms per channel is extremely useful, particularly for streamers with larger bases. Multiple rooms allow subs, mods, etc. to have their own space to communicate in. This can potentially incentivize some viewers to subscribe and allow mods to communicate without having to use another app such as Discord or Slack regarding real-time issues.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Unable to shout out raiders, new followers, hosts, etc in the chat. Have to manually type the username.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When on a computer, you must type the beginning of the username instead of it searching for partial username as it does on mobile (e.g., dj_name - must type @dj instead of @name).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hey,
    i thought about the option to create custom Usergroups in Chats with the option to save comments about a User. That would help creating an onboard Raffle system for CommunityGames and some other stuff with a Gamebalance.

For Example: User XY writes !CMD Valorantelo=2 (silver) Rocketleagueelo=3 (whatever) and the Creator can use it as a filter like !GetNames Valorant_elo=2 to get only user in this area of skill.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I acknowledge that some parts of this concept has been requested in general, however I would like to offer a possible solution that will solve many of the suggestions at once, as well as offer further features down the line.

---Core Suggestions---

I believe it would be beneficial to have chat bots strongly encouraged to note their account as such, and if possible, for known legitimate bots (bots that are known to serve a valid purpose, not lurk bots, stat scrapers, etc.) to be assigned a [bot] tag internally in the system, similar to how some other chat platforms handle…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I'd like to see a "Safe User Chat List" As it currently is I am being plagues by bot accounts spammers and griefers. I know I can add a few people to VIP and Mod, but those were folks that have occasionally subscribed. This means I no longer get the occasional sub from them. Due to the current griefer/bot garbage I've had to set my chat to subscriber only.

If I had a Safe user Chat-list I could add people to, to allow them to chat then they coudl still donate, and even when not subbed still chat.
    We need…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Twitch should create a chat badge for editors, such as VIPs, administrators and moderators. It can be a square with a pencil inside, for example

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. With the new addition of verified users only in chat, you can have an account which is 2FA enabled but still requires a cell phone SMS verification.
    This seems non-sensical as 2FA via an authenticator is app technically more secure than SMS verification, however it is not treated as equivalent.

2FA via an authenticator app should count as an account as verified the same as SMS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sometimes as a mod you need to tell something quick to other mods or to the channel streamer and you have to rely on other platforms like Discord or Twitter (or whispers) which makes it slow and tedious.

It would be great to write something in chat and make it visible only for other mods and the streamer, maybe a pinned message for 30 seconds on the same area where Hype trains and other important things appear.
    The streamer could enable/disable this feature and the time to make this messages available.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Users in chat get a badge on the day marking the anniversary of their account's creation. (Basically like Reddit Cake Day.)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Twitch really needs some sort of a reputation system for each person in a chat. Every time someone toxic is flagged/reviewed by a moderator in any streamer's chat, their rating could drop. Then channels could set a minimum rating level requirement. Have a low rating for being a toxic human? So long!

Of course, there would be bully mods that pick on people in chat that they do not like and dock them points on purpose. That could be a problem. It's just really annoying when you are conversing with a decent human in chat and then a negative, immature…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?