Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. please put a country flag in front of the nickname so that you know which country the listener is from

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. So at the moment I run a few chat based games like (PCG, ravenfall) and then the chat gets filled up by the spam of the games and chat becomes unreadable to humans that aren't playing these games. Is there anyway that we are going to have a separate chat channel for the Bots?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• *italic text*,
    • **bold text**,
    • `Discord-style inline code` (greetings!),
    • \*escaped, non-italic text\*,
    • \n, new-line (otherwise CTRL+Enter); maybe only allowed for verified bots,
    • etc.

It would be really cool to have. As a streamer and bot dev, the first example that comes to mind might be:

Wrong usage. `!help <topic>` to show help about a specific topic or command.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. It would be very useful to get for moderators to be able to accept/deny channel points redeems directly from chat without having to open the request queue or modview. Like a small button saying ACCEPT and DENY just below the redeem.

For moderators who work with a lot of requests every hour this would mean managing the redeems a lot faster and easier.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. So i have been streaming for a little bit now. I really like watching twitch streams from other country's but its hard to talk to them because of language difference. yesterday i was streaming and 12 Korean natives stopped by. They Knew a little English but not enough to type it. it would be cool if chat auto translated so streamers or viewer could read the chat. i wanna know what they are saying in chat when I watch Non English streamers and it might help streamers reach more people

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. A chat badge to identify yourself in Twitch chat as a developer.

254 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Delay for Video Stream, not for chat, to prevent stream sniping but chat engagement

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. There is currently a section for weekly top gifters/cheers. There should also be a section for weekly top rewards winners. This would encourage users to interact with channel points more often and allow users that aren't financially able to get top gifts/cheers to still get to the top of the leaderboards.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. give a badge or other reward to users who have written a lot on a same channel (about 10k messages for example)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Chat for Moderators in the Moderator View. As a Widget like predictions, so moderators can communicate without other platforms or the chat for all.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 저는 방송을 시청할 때 시청자들과의 채팅은 하지 않고 같이 보는 친구와 귓속말을 합니다.

그래서 친구와의 귓속말 채팅도 방송채팅처럼 우측에 띄워놓고 방송을 보고 싶습니다.

또 귓속말이 와도 온줄 모르고 답장을 못할 때가 있습니다.

소리나 화면번쩍거림 같은 방법으로 귓속말이 왔다는 알림이 있으면 좋겠습니다.

귀사의 무궁한 발전을 기원합니다. 감사합니다.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. THIS IS A GOOD IDEA

Since there can be people posting bad words on chat and they can use so many variations which can make it hard to filter out, the best way would be to secretly filter out those bad words

Example: someone types the word “simp” if they see it does not post they would use a different way to spell it, but if they see their message is posted though it is secretly hidden meaning the user can see what they posted but nobody else would, they would not try to spell it in other ways

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hello all, rather simple idea.

Hovering over a hyperlink in chat would temporarily pause scrolling. In some high-volume chat clicking a small link in chat feels like a reaction time minigame.

I understand you can scroll to pause chat but the ability to hover over, chat will be paused, and click conveniently would be really slick.

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. An easy way for streamers to add a set badge to Trusted chatters so its easier for them and chat to sort through the trash. And might promote less garbage.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sometimes the enter key gets bumped when typing messages, which then submits a message that is incomplete according to the chatter's intent. Having the user level option to require Shift + Enter to submit a chat message would be harder to accidentally trigger this scenario.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be very nice, if it's possible to delete your own message in the chat. It happens sometimes that you write something what sounds pretty good in your mind, but if you read it in the chat after sending it, you recognize that it wasn't such a cool Idea to post it or you mention by yourself that your message is stupid and want to delete it. A cool way to implement this would be, if you add a little bin between the own message, that you can easy delete it by clicking on them.

256 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. When tapping on the view counter, see number of unique chatters chatting now in chat (or number of users who send a message in the last minute) interesting for viewers and streamers, seeing it live. Since viewers does not correspond to number of people engaging with streamer or number of people streamer could engage with)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please make it possible for streamers to have chat go from top to botton, or bottom to top.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I'd like a (payed) feature to erase my chat history, which is viewable by channels based on my username. It's fine my chat history stays known to Twitch itself, but I'd like to start with a clean slate because my account is quite old and I've said things in the past in certain channels that I regret.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)