Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

274 results found

1. i'm ok with the add's, they make snese for twitch to earn money, its timing always interupt with chat, missing replies, or making replies miss the "sweet spot"

can the ad's happen but don't interupt with the chat, so, the sound of the ad still playing, but not above the streamers soundlevel, so the interaction doesn't break?

we have seen the ads 100th's of times, were okay, it just breaks the interaction, make that less, please, were ok with seeing it..but **** it breaks interaction if it cuts off sound compleetly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Que vector sea más sociable con su comunidad o que cuente cosas de su pasado o que hable con el chat

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When I'm actively in a conversation with @cherry123 it would be nice if "@ch<tab>" would auto-complete to that user instead of @cheeseball99 who hasn't sent a chat line in the past 2 hours.

@user<tab> auto-completion should yield the most recent chatter with that matching username prefix.

This handy thing would be easy to implement in the client: Instead of the auto-completion list actively getting sorted alphabetically, simply sort by moving each chatter to the top of the list upon each chat line they send.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. So, I, as a mod have the option to pin every message in the chat.
    The pin button is right next to the reply button, and I've found myself accidentally misclicking the pin button instead of the reply button.
    In my opinion, it should be harder to pin messages and you shouldn't be able to accidentally pin a message, if you wanted to reply to it.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Suggested feature: Twitch chat presets only chat

Twitch has subscribers only chat and emotes only chat. What we need is chat presets only chat. In that mode, viewers can only communicate by using available chat presets. Twitch should have a default chat presets that streamers can use.

Recommended chat presets include but not limited to:

Hi
    It's nice to meet you

I will be lurking
    Be right back

Nice job
    Nice aiming
    Nice clutch
    Nice win

Good luck, have fun
    You can do this
    Don't give up
    Let's get 'em next time

I enjoy your content

See you soon
    Looking…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Would like to see link previews on chat and whisper (just like other social media platforms do)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A button with a small menu, that allows to delete or edit your own chatmessage, would be a gamechanger.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Com essa atualização percebi que não posso copiar as frases no chat no tradutor. Estou chateada, pois não sou fluente em inglês e espanhol ou outras línguas. Antes eu podia fazer isso no chat. Por favor voltem como antes para podermos desfrutar melhor do Twitch. Gosto muito da plataforma. Agradeço.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    More Info Needed  ·  Ana responded

Hi,

Could you please clarify regarding the update? Was it an update on the mobile app? Thank you.

9. Currently when you open a banned user's profile and open the ban tab, at the bottom of the ban tab there is just a blurb that states "Unban request was denied by X on Y date". Any additional text such as the unban request or the denial reason is not displayed in the window and is very difficult to dig up.

It would be nice if any unban requests text and the response could also show there, in order.

This would help Mods better understand why users were banned or help troubleshoot current behaviors based on what the response was.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Some communities will notice a new way to "chant" during hype moments on stream. This is a limited time experiment where only some creators will have access to this feature. Creators and Mods will be able to use /chant (using text and/or emotes) in chat to kick one off. Viewers will see a private callout with the chant and can dismiss or choose to participate!

We'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions here. We look forward to hearing your feedback!

442 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Looking for Feedback  ·  Twitch responded

On 2/2, we will turn off Chants.

While this feature was popular, we observed negative impacts to minutes watched for significant groups of creators.

Experiments help us test new ideas in real time, and decide what to build next. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

11. Chat registers as an overlay (like YouTube) on the screen rather than making the stream a smaller size.
    When viewing YouTube streaming, I find myself leaving chat on as it doesn’t affect the overall stream viewing as much as on twitch where the viewing screen adjusts to smaller size to accommodate chat. I typically leave chat off with twitch.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Interest  ·  Ana responded

Hi, thanks for your feedback!

This status is to let you know your idea has been reviewed. Your idea is open for voting/comments from other Twitch community members. This is a great time to share your idea with others. Learn more about status updates here.

---

For the community: If you like this idea, please vote on it and feel free to add on how it would help you in the comments.

12. Pause on mouse hover is a superb tool for moderation as it let you click the right moderation buttons to delete/timeout/ban the right person instead of clicking someone else on chat message pushing.
    But it has ONE weird detail, the popup letting you know chat is paused prevents almost any interaction and certainly reading the last comment as it is below the popup and i find myself normally trying to quickly delete or react to messages usually ending up there in that position and having to scroll the chat to do so.
    The solutions i think it would fix this…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I’d like there to be a toggle to enable or disable auto emotes for text emotes like these; :/ :) :( :D
    Normally when these are typed it’s automatically turned into a twitch emote but I don’t want that :/

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'm requesting this as a Linux streamer since I use Steam Overlay to see the chat as there is no maintained apps for seeing the chat if you have one screen. The Stream Chat top bar cannot be hidden and is unnecessary.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Looking through the IRC Chat Tags, it doesn't appear as if there are tags that would trigger a highlighted message.

For instance, if a first-time chatter posts something in chat, it would be nice to have an IRC tag that indicates that they're a first-time chatter. Regardless of what the user has set up on the website, this would allow for a bot, or StreamElements custom widget, to detect the tag and do something with it (such as play an alert, or post a message in chat, etc).

At minimum, the following tags would be nice to have:
    1) first…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add a button to LIKE a comment in chat. Add a little icon and number if a comment gets more likes. This makes it easy to see a good comment. (or change background color for a comments with likes)
    Possibly, if a comment gets more than X LIKES, auto pin this comment for like 1 minute for visibility.
    Good comments should be easily seen and interaction would be easy like this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Chat with Twitch and Xbox Series S should have an option of being able to use a controller or use a phone, and you should explain it well to people that don't know how to use a controller and/or a phone. Maybe a window should pop up letting us know that we have the ability to change to phone or controller in the settings or have Twitch open automatically when that option is available. Thanks.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In the stream I mod, we are using the chat restriction feature to prevent trolls from spamming messages. In some case where we see the troll is spamming even if they are in chat restriction mode, we take further action to permanently ban. But since chat history of chat-restricted user appears not being logged, other mods / streamer cannot see the context of ban.

Can we make the chat history of chat-restricted users logged? I'm pretty sure there will be many other scenarios the chat log is going to be helpful for moderating the chat.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. finally change this oversized special info stuff in chat windows please
    or let me hide per channel for a month or something like that

https://i.imgur.com/EzQ40FD.jpg

older screenshot:
    https://i.imgur.com/QaMMJSb.jpg

can make it hard to use/close emotes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The raid chat highlight experiment is great, but the highlight doesn't need to stick around the entire stream. Limiting the duration of the highlight, either by time (say, 15 minutes) or by messages (say, first 5 messages after the raid) would make this highlight far more usable; as-is, I'm tempted to disable it, since my regulars are getting all their messages highlighted because they came in with a raid at the start of stream.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?