Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

282 results found

1. You can aktivate the mode direktly there where you type your message in.
    Now if you speak all that you are saying turns into text for the chat.
    We got the idea toghether from GTimeTV: https://www.twitch.tv/gtimetv

Commands:

Commands are actions that you are saying and something than happens.

• Start: Start the speech to text.
    • Stop: Stop the speech to text.
    • Send: Send the text to the chat.
    • Clear: Clear your text.

IMPORTANT! The command will only be executed if you don't say the word in one sentence!

For example:
    If you say "please stop it" nothing happens.

But if you…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It is very common to receive raids from channels that were broadcasting a game completely different from the one you are currently playing, causing most viewers to leave the broadcast that received the raid immediately, if there was a way to place a restriction on the game , to receive a raid from a channel that was playing the same game as you at the time you are receiving the raid, I believe that the chances of viewers remaining on the broadcast are greater than that of a game different from the one you are playing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I saw in a different thread that there is an X to close the subscription notification. I do not see it. There is only the "three vertical dots" button.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Cuando pone el curso delante de un emoji, las opciones de moderación aparece un globo de dialogo diciendo "Borrar" "Emoji..." y así. Y muchas veces pasa que quieres borrar un comentario y no puedes porque delante aparece el mensaje de "borrar comentario" tapándote la "x" para poder borrarlos, entonces termina complicándote la tarea de moderación. También resulta molesto porque termina siendo mucho spam en pantalla.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Buonasera, io direi che è il caso di mettere un ruolo nella community per le fidanzate e i fidanzati degli streammer. Grazie e arrivederci

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The total amount of users that can be blocked is capped at 1000 users. Sadly this is inadequate in channels with large communities. In larger channels there are often people who spam chat with incessant ant pointless posts, and the 1000 cap for blocked users just doesn't do enough. I'd recommend upping the total to 10000 would be a better standpoint to help users control what and who they have to see in the communities various chats.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. AutoMod is intended to catch viewers' negative behaviors before they become disruptive to chat. However, it winds up being more interruptive to chat than what it would mitigate, because it's frequently catching messages that aren't problematic.

I discovered that in channels with smart detection on, sending a message with ONLY the beetle emoji and no other text, emotes, or emoji whatsoever gets the message automatically removed. Having been a hollow knight stream, more chatters wanted to follow suit and also post the beetle emoiji - only to get their messages AutoMod restricted as well (this happened over a month ago…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. add a way for usuer to delete their own message, or add a way for a moderator to delete another moderator message, i accidentally said something that wasnt very good but since i was in the moderation team i couldnt delete my own message and the others mods couldnt do anything plus automod didnt trigger as i was a mod and created chaos in the chanelle so please add a way for us moderator to delete our own message

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. i'm ok with the add's, they make snese for twitch to earn money, its timing always interupt with chat, missing replies, or making replies miss the "sweet spot"

can the ad's happen but don't interupt with the chat, so, the sound of the ad still playing, but not above the streamers soundlevel, so the interaction doesn't break?

we have seen the ads 100th's of times, were okay, it just breaks the interaction, make that less, please, were ok with seeing it..but **** it breaks interaction if it cuts off sound compleetly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Que vector sea más sociable con su comunidad o que cuente cosas de su pasado o que hable con el chat

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. So, I, as a mod have the option to pin every message in the chat.
    The pin button is right next to the reply button, and I've found myself accidentally misclicking the pin button instead of the reply button.
    In my opinion, it should be harder to pin messages and you shouldn't be able to accidentally pin a message, if you wanted to reply to it.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When I'm actively in a conversation with @cherry123 it would be nice if "@ch<tab>" would auto-complete to that user instead of @cheeseball99 who hasn't sent a chat line in the past 2 hours.

@user<tab> auto-completion should yield the most recent chatter with that matching username prefix.

This handy thing would be easy to implement in the client: Instead of the auto-completion list actively getting sorted alphabetically, simply sort by moving each chatter to the top of the list upon each chat line they send.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Suggested feature: Twitch chat presets only chat

Twitch has subscribers only chat and emotes only chat. What we need is chat presets only chat. In that mode, viewers can only communicate by using available chat presets. Twitch should have a default chat presets that streamers can use.

Recommended chat presets include but not limited to:

Hi
    It's nice to meet you

I will be lurking
    Be right back

Nice job
    Nice aiming
    Nice clutch
    Nice win

Good luck, have fun
    You can do this
    Don't give up
    Let's get 'em next time

I enjoy your content

See you soon
    Looking…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Would like to see link previews on chat and whisper (just like other social media platforms do)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. A button with a small menu, that allows to delete or edit your own chatmessage, would be a gamechanger.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Com essa atualização percebi que não posso copiar as frases no chat no tradutor. Estou chateada, pois não sou fluente em inglês e espanhol ou outras línguas. Antes eu podia fazer isso no chat. Por favor voltem como antes para podermos desfrutar melhor do Twitch. Gosto muito da plataforma. Agradeço.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    More Info Needed  ·  Ana responded

Hi,

Could you please clarify regarding the update? Was it an update on the mobile app? Thank you.

17. Pause on mouse hover is a superb tool for moderation as it let you click the right moderation buttons to delete/timeout/ban the right person instead of clicking someone else on chat message pushing.
    But it has ONE weird detail, the popup letting you know chat is paused prevents almost any interaction and certainly reading the last comment as it is below the popup and i find myself normally trying to quickly delete or react to messages usually ending up there in that position and having to scroll the chat to do so.
    The solutions i think it would fix this…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Currently when you open a banned user's profile and open the ban tab, at the bottom of the ban tab there is just a blurb that states "Unban request was denied by X on Y date". Any additional text such as the unban request or the denial reason is not displayed in the window and is very difficult to dig up.

It would be nice if any unban requests text and the response could also show there, in order.

This would help Mods better understand why users were banned or help troubleshoot current behaviors based on what the response was.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I’d like there to be a toggle to enable or disable auto emotes for text emotes like these; :/ :) :( :D
    Normally when these are typed it’s automatically turned into a twitch emote but I don’t want that :/

135 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Some communities will notice a new way to "chant" during hype moments on stream. This is a limited time experiment where only some creators will have access to this feature. Creators and Mods will be able to use /chant (using text and/or emotes) in chat to kick one off. Viewers will see a private callout with the chant and can dismiss or choose to participate!

We'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions here. We look forward to hearing your feedback!

442 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Looking for Feedback  ·  Twitch responded

On 2/2, we will turn off Chants.

While this feature was popular, we observed negative impacts to minutes watched for significant groups of creators.

Experiments help us test new ideas in real time, and decide what to build next. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

• Don't see your idea?