Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I'd like a (payed) feature to erase my chat history, which is viewable by channels based on my username. It's fine my chat history stays known to Twitch itself, but I'd like to start with a clean slate because my account is quite old and I've said things in the past in certain channels that I regret.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow creators to limit the allowable characters to be used in chat based on the languages the creator specifies. Link the languages to Unicode codepages to not unfairly limit non-Latin based languages. This could help alleviate some of the issues found with hatespeech and the recent hate raids. Messages that are filtered based on this, could be thrown into automod queue, or straight up not sent at all.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. You recently seem to have added leaderboards to mobile.

In landscape mode, they pause, blink and autocollapse onto the Extensions toolbar. Perfect.

In portrait mode (that I use 99.9% of the time as a moderator) the new Leaderboard bar is permanently displayed and consumes 1 of 9 available chat lines. It never autocollapses onto the extension bar. Nothing I can find (yet) will makes it go away or minimise. It permanently consumes 11% of my chat area for 100% of the stream duration. I don't need to see it 100% of the time. I don't need to see it at…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. If you are a mod, you already know what this feels like. You are modding for the streamer and the chat moves and you see someone type something inappropriate or something you should be deleting, wrong behaviors etc..

Chat moves fast and the messages move and so do the little options to delete/timeout/ban someone. At times, you click on one of those options but right in that instant the chat moves and you end up targeting the wrong person who has never done anything causing them to maybe get offended and possibly leave the stream.

The idea is to allow…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Twitch Drops are flooding the chat for busy channels making it impossible to follow at times.

If the notifications were sent only to the specific viewer receiving it, it would help enormously, either via the chat channel or a separate message dialogue over the video - anywhere but the chat panel !

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The Broadcaster can Limit his Stream for a certain number of viewers. Usefull for Streamer who doesnt want to much Viewer.
    Usefull for Special Streams or Special Themes.
    You can also buy a ticket in pre sale for the stream to support the streamer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Making it so banning will remove the persons follow. Maybe make it so if they have been banned for over 30 minutes it auto removes the follow and blocks them from following again. Maybe also putting a little notification that shows up in their notifications that they have been removed from following ( username ) due to a recent ban in that stream. Then it would have a timer with the amount of time left before they can ask for an unban request and if accepted regains their follow age.

Thanks in advance for looking at this , LinoYeen

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When automod was updated the term Noob was added in as a derogatory term. Unfortunately that's a part of my name so for a long time whenever someone used the term Noob with a different word before or after it, it would get flagged by automod and one of my moderators or myself would have to manually allow the message through. This is also a problem when I'm in my friend's streams if they haven't added that specific phrase to their "safe words" list.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Adding a way to disable chat helps with people who bot others channels.
    This is a great feature to implement to help moderators/streamers control the chat in a faster and easier way.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. If we are in the top 3 subs of a stream, we should have a badge with the trophie to show that we are on the top.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make it possible for mobile users to access and use community challenges so that all viewers have a chance of contributing instead of only PC users

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be nice if we could ban the use of emotes from other streamers who are banned in our channels. We can individually type in their emote tag as a banned word in our bots, but it would be nice to have a global setting to prevent the messages with those emotes to even be sent in chat.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Four things TBD to improve how Rules are displayed or dismissed.
    1. Remember whether or not someone has read the rule.
    → The way that Twitch remembers it is via cookies... Which is easily lost and leads to someone being upset if they have to be reminded EVERY SINGLE TIME cookies are cleared and on EVERY CHANNEL they go. At least have the decency to remember it!
    2. Auto-dismiss Chat Rules after some time.
    → Having to manually dismiss every single time can be quite a pain. So instead, add a timer for it to be dismissed automatically based on…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Right now if you block a user and you moderate for a channel that said user is in, you will still see their messages. I have certain users blocked for a reason and me seeing them in chats that I moderate drives me away from the streams. The streamer does not want them banned, so that is not a viable option. I understand that as a moderator your job is to keep an eye on users, but other mods can help out regarding these instances.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add opportunity to hand over your VIP status to someone else in the chat, for example if you don't watch streamer anymore, or if you think that someone deserves it more than you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Inserts a feature which allows the streamer or other moderators to add trusted members of the community to be a moderator when a channel becomes busier than usual or no moderators are actively in chat. This would allow the streamer to further concentrate on their business, whilst not having to worry about a potential moderator overload when the channel is not busy (eg 8 mods to 5 viewers)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I would like to see an option for moderators and broadcaster to be able to mention everybody that is in the chat. It would be nice to be able to get the whole chats attention as a moderator, sometimes it seems that moderators messages can get drowned out in a chat.

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. It would be a very useful option for moderators to be able to control the slowmode for subs and non-subs in the moderation settings of the broadcaster.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please remove "Denmark" as a "bad word" from the Twitch Auto mod.
    It is silly and slightly offensive that the mere word of mentioning my country gets my message removed. Twitch is an international community and part of that is about talking about one home.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

Definitely not expected behavior. Could we get the phrases you tried to type with Denmark so we can further investigate this? The more the better if possible.

• Don't see your idea?