Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When a user is banned, currently they can still follow the channel. Some trolls use this to get past mods who are removing game spoilers from the chat by following, as this often brings up alerts and non deletable messages in the chat with the spoiler. A example of this has been seen often in The Last of Us 2 streams where they spoil the ending. This has happened repeatedly on a stream I moderate, and across multiple others, pre-emptive banning to try and stop them does nothing to stop them following.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multiple chat channels would be cool. Especially for chats with bot commands. Being able to have a channel specifically for bot commands and another for the actual chat would be great.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. i was watching a russian streamer and enjoying the stream but without understanding the language or interact with him in the chat or with the other viewers, So it came this idea to my mind: what if twitch's developers start working on a pluging where it let type for example in english and it translate it automatically to the language you want to translate to in matter of seconds + they need to add an automated captions at the bottom of the screen and it doesn't need to be grammarly perfect and every word the streamer say it needs to…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When streaming using my VPN, my chat constantly disconnects and reconnects. This does not happen when VPN is off, and is not actually a connection issue as I never drop frames. I could ignore the constant spamming of "welcome to the chat room" but the problem is that I miss chats from my community. Being a small streamer, this is unacceptable as I read and respond to everyone. Being a female streamer, turning off my VPN is not an option. I do understand that twitch is trying to do something about people using VPN's to get around channel bans. But…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I’ve got a Bluetooth keyboard paired to my AppleTV, but I can’t use it in the Twitch app. It’d be nice!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. custom badge for TEAM.
    Members can Hide or show badge in chat.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. with the advent of the new mod tools i feel now is the right time to introduce word a replacement for chat. As an example, the channel owner and mods have the option to set replacements so if someone wants to be inflammatory by typing "oi your hair is stupid" the message appears in chat as "hello your hair is super". in the example the word "oi" is replaced with "hello" and "stupid" replaced with "super", this should be case insensitive and have replaced words highlighted so mods can check what was replaced with the original message posted in mod…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. In slow-moving chat the “More messages below.” text obscures the last message. Maybe it would be better if it was a bit lower down so we could read the last msg?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Because apparently you cannot be contacted anywhere, and moderators are way over their heads, removing comments with NOTHING wrong, by the rules and relevant answer to another comment. This is ridiculous, I waited long for the account, long for the permission to say something to chat in a place what I decided to watch and follow. And I answered to normal comment, with normal comment. nothing ******, nothing violent, only normal. like "<the users thing> is a fraud, but this is beautiful> .. hundreds of comment above mentioned beauty, and there was nothing wrong. When I commented about that atrocity,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Banned viewers can use raids as an opportunity to do the things that got them banned from said channel.

Another idea to fix the suggestion I have is if someone gets banned, they will not be allowed to watch the stream either, and they cannot access the twitch channel page for said streamer.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Mods are banning users across multiple channels without reason.

Owners of channels need more transparency when it comes to bans from rogue mods. These mods are blatantly abusing their powers to ban users from channels that they have never even chatted in. These users are bringing this issue up to other mods like myself, and I've experienced it personally from corrupt mods. We need more methods of dealing with rogue mods that are banning users. They need to flag users, and have owners of channels make the final move. This current method is empowering people that have no reason being…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

• *italic text*,

• **bold text**,

• `Discord-style inline code` (greetings!),

• \*escaped, non-italic text\*,

• \n, new-line (otherwise CTRL+Enter); maybe only allowed for verified bots,

• etc.

It would be really cool to have. As a streamer and bot dev, the first example that comes to mind might be:

> Wrong usage. `!help <topic>` to show help about a specific topic or command.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. A streamer can have connection issues and can reconnect in a minute or so. This works on stream, but in VODs it causes an issue with the timing with chat and the VOD. This causes the chat to be delayed by the amount of time the connection was lost. This leaves chat's response to be delayed which becomes annoying if the disconnect was at the beginning of a nine hour stream. I believe a solution would be able to have the chat's playback separate from the VOD's playback. This allows the user to adjust the chat's response time in order…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hey!

I know a lot of streamers (including me) who have a "self sacrifice" channel point redemption and my MODS for some reason always want to redeem it...

I was wondering if we can get timeout that don't remove MOD status to a MOD but when banned that their MOD status would still be removed.

I know it is this way to prevent anyone with access to the person's account that is MOD or the MOD themselves posting, breaking rules. I've had MODs break rules and do some pretty awful stuff (Try to ban everyone) but most part IMO if…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Can we get a global badge based on the total number of gifted subs across all channels?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like the ability to hyperlink steam:// links in my chat so I can have my bot dynamically post join able games on command. An example link looks like this.

steam://joinlobby/{steamGameId}/{steamLobbyId}/{steamUserId}.

Currently I can have my bot post the above link but since it is not a hyperlink it shows as plain text and users need to copy/past into a browser.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Have an option to make chat appear on the left instead of the right.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I think that streamers should have the ability to be able to make their own custom mod and vip badges, without frankerfacez.

Since not every streamer has FFZ, they should have the ability to make their own since the default sword and diamond can potentially not fit a streamers theme/color theme. A lot of streamers have those. and the current colors can not fit those

Sure, sub badges are meant for those in a way, but if a streamer wants it all to fit together, custom vip and mod badges would be a great help to those streamers

If you…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. An easy way for streamers to add a set badge to Trusted chatters so its easier for them and chat to sort through the trash. And might promote less garbage.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?