Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. So i have been streaming for a little bit now. I really like watching twitch streams from other country's but its hard to talk to them because of language difference. yesterday i was streaming and 12 Korean natives stopped by. They Knew a little English but not enough to type it. it would be cool if chat auto translated so streamers or viewer could read the chat. i wanna know what they are saying in chat when I watch Non English streamers and it might help streamers reach more people

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hey!

I know a lot of streamers (including me) who have a "self sacrifice" channel point redemption and my MODS for some reason always want to redeem it...

I was wondering if we can get timeout that don't remove MOD status to a MOD but when banned that their MOD status would still be removed.

I know it is this way to prevent anyone with access to the person's account that is MOD or the MOD themselves posting, breaking rules. I've had MODs break rules and do some pretty awful stuff (Try to ban everyone) but most part IMO if…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be very helpful if chat mods were able to exceed the 500 character chat limit. This is especially so when trying to input something into Nightbot but having the message to be too long and not being able to say what you want to say.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. On the left side of viewers names in chat, have a small profile picture so that people are more distinguishable. Would be better for smaller streamers and looks aesthetically pleasing. You could also make this an option that streamers can set in their chat settings.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add smooth scrolling on chat (Including VODs). The way chat currently jumps is so annoying as you lose where you were every time it updates

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I suggest a sound effect when someone "@s" or 'pings' you in the chat you are currently watching. Same goes with receiving 'whispers' as well.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. There are a ton of really cool global badges that are no longer obtainable due to Twitch no longer selling games on the site. Seems a shame that these icons were created by some talented staff but nearly no one has them.
    It would be neat to see them put out to the public again in some fashion.

Emotes are a huge draw for limited time events. People LOVE getting new emotes and showing them off. But the emote list is getting a little chonky. Maybe in the future we could have limited time events but earn new badges as…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow the "Follower-only Chat (!)" warning to be shown on ALL channels, regardless of you currently following the channel or not following it.

Currently, you only see this notice when you do not follow the channel that is using Follower-only chat. Upon following, this warning/notice goes away forever.

This creates two issues:

1. Streamers very often forget their chat is in follower-only mode for days or weeks because there's no visual indicator on the webpage UI unless you click into the cog-wheel menu. This may cause reduced chat activity or leave a bad impression for new viewers.

2. When a streamer who…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Likeable chat messages. We must get a chance to like a chat message while we are watching a stream. And we will be able to see who gets most likes or dislikes. In my opinion, it definitely provides much more chatting, viewers. You should get this feature, you should make it happen.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would like to NOT see bots listed under "users in chat". It is annoying and I can't tell who is a real viewer and who is a bot.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Commenters shouldn't have the power to have a channel flagged or worse, the person who commented should have their account penalized so that the community has a cleaner chat due to less people wanting to have their own account held accountable for their own actions

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hello everyone!

I have an idea that would help me and maybe others to improve the twitch usage a lot by offering a second / optional position of the chat.

IDEA: A optional chat position under the stream with the same width as the stream itself. So the stream can use the full width of the browser and the chat too! Normal and optional chat position via toggle would be great.

The reason why i had this idea:

Normally the chat is on the right side of the stream, which is perfectly fine when using twitch in a browser only. …

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hi guys, I'm new here but i'm quite angry for what happened just now to a friend of mine. She started streaming a few months ago and she is giving her all to provide her little audience with a fun, polite and interactive experience. Despite her devotion to these principles, some users in 2020 still enjoy entering chats in group only to flame, spam racist stuff and other forms of hate. I get that in some ways you can manage your chat to prevent this stuff to happen but for small streamers it's kinda hard to manage on their own.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. There should be an option on twitch where you can have the chat sidebar smoothly scroll up, rather than move up immediately each time a new message is sent. The current view makes it so hard to follow along, as you have to constantly flick your eyes upward in some of the more quick moving streams.

The new option could speed up/slow down based on how much comment traffic is going on at the moment. Seems like a very easy idea for twitch to implement

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. add some type of liking and disliking messages in chat. I feel like this is a good way to make chat experience more interactive. I know I personally prefer to read chat rather than type my own messages (unless I'm spamming) so I think that a good way to allow lurkers to interact more with chat would be some like and dislike feature. someone posts something funny, you can like it. A mod types anything at any time, you can dislike it. probably make it togglable both for streamers and viewers.

I believe this would be a good next step…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Solo me deja mandar chats y que me vean en canales donde soy mod en otro chats no me ven, ¿alguna solución?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When you connect your twitch account with a game, if ranked, it would show next to your name in chat. Only when you are watching a stream listed under that game it would show.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It doesn't hurt anyone to just allow banned users to view the chat without the ability to write something.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Moderators and broadcasters use /me to make their messages stand out to give information to the viewers, but viewers can also use /me to troll, to get attention...ect. I think it would be beneficial for the broadcasters to be able to disable /me for whatever userlevel they want.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add an "are you sure" pop-up acknowledgement for the Moderator's Clear Chat link in the Chat Settings, to cover inadvertent selection of the link. I have on occasion hit the "Clear Chat" link when I was aiming for "Manage Moderation Settings" or "Switch to Non-Mod Settings", which annoys everyone in chat and the Streamer as well.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?