I suggest you ...

Established accounts only -chat mode

Currently we have all kinds of ways to block various people from chatting, except the most important one: People avoiding bans by creating new accounts.

Thus we should have a new mode that only allows users with "established" accounts to chat, i.e. the account must be reasonably old.

Continuing with the theme of follower-only mode this should likely be configurable, with the number of days since an account was created for the user to be able to talk.

Suggestions for default: 7, 30, 90, and 180.

Even requiring 7 days since the account was created will make it significantly more difficult for people to do annoying ban evasion.

Follower-only mode is NOT a valid solution for this problem, as it completely ruins raids, and blocks perfectly legit users from chatting in general.

99 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Janne “Lietu” Enberg shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Pacmanarea51 commented  · 

This is a very good idea. Most of the most harmful trolls just create a new account in 2 minutes and comtinue ruining the experience for others. As a mod this makes me feel really useless and this could fix it

• McBossly commented  · 

I'm not a streamer myself but moderator and I highly agree, that this would help alot in fighting people who dont accept a ban.

• Haughington commented  · 

I definitely agree that this would be far better than follower-only

Feedback and Knowledge Base