Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

556 results found

1. Addition to the New Shared User system, Adding to the Automod system.
    If someone is monitored in a chat im sharing with or shared with, and they come to my chat or to theirs, their message first message/Messages should be automatically AutoModded regardless of circumstances.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  3. While I'm of age to watch mature streams, what makes me feel uncomfortable is that there could possibly be minors in the stream. My idea is that when someone creates an account or they have an account already, our birthday should be added to the settings. It'll update every year based on birthdays and if they're underage and try to watch streamers who are clearly for mature audiences only, the twitch streamer who have their stream marked for people of age, will not show up to the person who is underage. For example, let's say I put in my birthday…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I am a moderator of a channel of an Italian streamer, I noticed that something is missing in the user history and in the readmission requests due to a ban.
    here's what I propose:

-in requests for readmission, following rejection or approval, the message from the user left during the request and the message after the evaluation of the creator or moderator should be recorded and accessible from the user history (/ user)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  5. Twitch, please bring back the feature that removed someone from your followers list if they were banned from chat. This was so handy at slowing down harassers/bots, and I'm not sure why they went back on it.

Secondly, if it's possible, please implement a tool that will permanently kick someone off your channel page/redirect them to elsewhere. Maybe an error page that says "Sorry, this page doesn't exist", or a black screen over the stream and chat so it's no longer visible to the person who was banned.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  6. Hi,

I'm currently subscribed to two channels but cannot talk in chats that are restricted to verified accounts only.

Also, I don't want to give my number to Twitch : I'm already giving my email and my credit card details. And I'm not the only one not wanting this https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/933812-safety/suggestions/44254764-do-not-require-a-phone-number-to-be-a-verified-acc.

Here's my suggestion :

-> I would add an option to allow streamers to authorize subs that donc have a verified account to join verified account only chats. Sub-only is usually too much and rarely used on the streams I watch.

At least, I would like to know why…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. ecently, we have noticed a number of malicious users posting obscene comments, reporting the channel, and having the channel suspended.
    When the distributor is busy or the moderator is unavailable, the channel is suspended before the comment can be deleted.
    We request an AutoMod for the number of characters in comments to prevent this behavior.
    If the number of characters is too large, we would like it to be put on hold.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It's kind of crazy that this is even allowed to be used. It's used by the Dutch audience when there is Dutch content or a Dutch sounding person on stream.

I get that they want to be like PogU a Dutch person but using "Gekoloniseerd" is not the appropriate way of doing it. Colonization has deep rooted history in ***** trade and the repression/massacre of native people.

I would like to see Twitch put in changes to prevent this from being used.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hi there,

As an IRL fishing streamer - The word S***o is a very common nickname used for Samson fish that I catch (Please just Google Samson Fish nickname, I don't wish to get into trouble). You will find that 99/100 Australians will call it this nickname, probably me being the only 1 who will now only refer to it as Samson. It is going to be very difficult to avoid audio capturing of someone using the nickname for this fish live on my streams, when I engage with random people in public.

This only just came to light recently…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. o nome do emote gera conflitos com as configurações de alguns canais, pois o streamer bloqueia a palavra "gay" para evitar ofensas mas acaba banindo o emote por consequência

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make the automod automatically remove slurs and references to nazis. Why the **** is this not a feature already? why do I have to go out of my way to do this myself?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 안녕하세요, 평소에 트위치를 자주 이용하는 사람인데요. 오늘 한가지 굉장히 불쾌한 경험을 해서 고객센터에 도움을 요청합니다. 스트리머에게 일방적으로 폭언을 하는 사람을 완전히 쫓아낼 수 있는 방법이 없나요? 그 사람을 쫓아내면 다른계정으로 찾아와서 또 스트리머를 괴롭히는데, 이걸 막을 수 있는 방법이 없는건지 궁금합니다. 방법이 없다면 제가 아끼는 스트리머는 계속 그 사람에게 고통받아야하나요? 피드백 부탁드립니다.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. can you make a program that beebs all the forbidden words races slurs it hard to anticipate what people will say in game chats and i don't like having to delete vids because someone says something that is against the rules could they work on something to make it easier for us streamers

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Along the lines of the new restricted user function, a good tool for creators and channel moderators would be the ability to see users who have current bans in channels you may care about.

I.E. Similar to the autohost function, you could set a list of channels where you want to maintain similar moderation standards (this would be useful for communities such as NoPixel, content creator houses, and streamer friends, etc.). So Person A could put Friend B and Friend C's channels on their channel's automod list. Banned User 1, after being banned in Friend B and C's channels, decides…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The problem behind unban requests is, that you only have one chance. It could be useful if a request gets denied, the person can request another unban like a year after the request got denied. Requesting an unban after a year would show that the user is still interested in participating in this chat.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Upfront: Please open a User-Voice section dedicated to the Mod-View - Why does the Creator Dashboard have one and the Mod-View not?

1. In the user view (clicking on a user in mod-view or when reviewing an unban request), seeing when a user was timeouted or banned is so useless without seeing the message the ban was for. Please just show the last 5 messages they had before the ban and put a link to the chat-thread where I can look at more. I don't want to scroll 900 messages to see what an old ban was for. This should be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  17. Twitch should not moderate the word "game" and its inflected forms in the Live Notifications interface. A gaming streaming service provider bans the Hungarian equivalent of the word Gamenig

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Élő értesítések: (43)

"FÉK" NAP! 🤘 FŐZŐS STREAM HOLNAP! 🤘 !sr !search 🤘 Lehet zenét kérni! 🤘 #requests (ENG/HUN/GER)

Why is this text moderated?!?!?!??!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!

"Ez a szöveg ütközhet a Twitch moderációs irányelveivel."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When a streamer is suspended, screenshots should be included of the violation. Streamers are bound to repeat the issue if the issue is not made clear.

Multiple staff members should see the reports before a ban is decided upon. These moderators would work separately, without the influence of one another, to decide if the ban should occur or not. If both moderators do not hit 'yes' to the ban then the ban should not occur.

An example, my latest ban happened while a Twitch Staff member was in my chat. This member did not see anything against TOS and was…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?