Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

593 results found

1. Make automod phrases to work only, when the channel is online or offline or both. (Add a checkbox next to the phrases)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  2. Ignoring users can be very useful to remove negativity from your chat experience. Right now, it is not possible in chats you moderate. Surely it is your task to see negative things and remove them, but sometimes there are people, who are not an issue for chat in general, but for you personally. It would be great to have a switch or command (e.g. /fullignore) to remove these users from your chatting experience once and for all. This could then also remove them from being listed as recommended stream and similar situations.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. If another moderator hurries to Deny a message, all info pertaining to this message is lost as it removes itself. Could this potentially remain but just have the button removed and say (Actioned by ModeratorExample123)?

This allows us to deny the message, add the blocked terms and then also timeout/ban the user in question.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Get better moderators. The current ones are trash.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  5. Cause its strange... when a viewer abusing, hateful speaking and sexual harassment on streamer> the streamer channel si blocked on the next day. For example maybe Twitch admins have hatred of Russians

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Consider adding mod comments under mod actions, allowing moderators to get an alert whenever a new mod comment is created.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  7. Make Mobile modview the same as desktop mod view where we have access to
    - Slash Commands in chat
    - Channel Point Redeem Queue
    - Shield, Slow, Follower Only, Emote Only, Sub Only quick action modes
    - Activity Feed
    - Chat user lookup for (chat history, follow/sub date, quick whisper, report and warn)
    - hold on a message to have options for Reply, Delete, timeout, ban, ect
    - Bulk Report tool
    - AutoMod queue
    - etc etc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  8. On a message caught by AutoMod have 2 options
    - Allow Once
    - Delete Message

In the Mod Actions queue or the AutoMod activity list in Mod View add 2 options
    - Permit
    - Block

This update will make it so AutoMod will still catch words that may have a one-time permitted use but still block Bad actors that may use same term in a different manner

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I mod for multiple streamers on the same esports team, so i often have both of their chats open at the same time. my main monitor is landscape with a portrait second monitor, and there is just no easy way to reshape each UI to fit the monitor, which i have to do anytime they play together

If there was a way for me be able to save a layout in mod view for each of my monitors so that i don't have to spend the beginning of each stream moving the chat box back and forth it would save…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hello, I wanted to bring up an issue regarding shared ban info.

I am a moderator for a channel and last year, we raided another channel. Since then, the streamers from both channels have become friends. Recently, we decided to link our channels via shared ban info.

The problem is that some of our regulars were banned from the other channel during the raid a year ago. Now, when our regulars try to chat in our channel, they are being restricted because they are still banned in the other channel.

These are valuable members of our community and it's upsetting…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add the /unwarn option to enable the reversing of a warning given in error or due to mischief by a mod

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It seemed like one day I found out that I wasn't able to participate in chat without verifying with my phone number. I didn't want to give my personal number, so I used a Google Voice number that belongs to me. But by using that number, I get an error "please provide a valid phone number." There should've been a clear message indicating that Twitch doesn't allow VOIP numbers, so I wouldn't have to contact Twitch support or look through support articles.

I would hope that Twitch would allow any kind of numbers for what is suppose to be a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The "Filters" menu on the "Activity Feed" widget opens downward. This can cause the menu to go below the browser screen, depending on the layout of the Mod View and screen resolution.

It should be how "Mod Actions" is designed.
    The "Filter" menu on the "Mod Actions" widget opens in a position that is visible no matter how far down to the bottom of browser the widget is positioned.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. That's to say: Sometimes streamers censor illogical words like "shield" and "spoiler", or even more and more illogical words, and to the person sending the message it doesn't show it replaced with "***", which leads to some communication issues.

Solution: have it show replaced for the sender as well, maybe even inform them which word it is (in case it was not a globally blacklisted word for obvious reasons). Or allow viewers to disable the censorship overall on their side if they want, just like how we have chat filters.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please go back to moderators being able to block users from appearing in their own chat, with the option to <click to show>.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. This could enable mods or streamers the ability to see ban reasoning for a ban in a shared channel (provided any is given). In addition to helping channels moderate who comes into their channel and chats, this would also make Shared Ban Info useful for moderating bots that sit quietly in chat that may be generating follow-bot raids, collecting ISPs, or merely collecting data for who knows who and for what purpose. Having some indication that they are banned (and the reasoning) in a channel for which ban info is shared on User Profile Cards would make Shared Ban Info…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UserCard  ·  Admin →
  18. It is way too easy to accidentally activate Shield mode for a new moderator when there is a click-through handholding guide that pops up with it. Please make it wait until after the walkthrough to avoid accidental activation. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Automod blocks the phrase gay sex but not the work sex or the phrase straight sex

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I want to become a cooking streamer and people have been telling me people are not allowed to put Cream in their stream title. I feel if they are a cooking stream they should be allowed to put cream in the title especially if they are making a boston cream pie, or cream of chicken soup Ect, But only if it is a cooking stream.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?