Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

558 results found

1. Log who wrote denied messages by Automod or who ran against the Automod Blocked Words list Moderation View...

By the current design you see:

• what was denied/permitted after moderator review.

What you should see:
    - who wrote it...

Taken it is a 10 mins old throw away account: The user gets away unbanned and unreported

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  2. As a moderator I usually use keyboard all the time in Twitch Chat. In Mod-View there is no option to trigger anything different than the default 10min timeout by mouseclick. As a "Chatty" user I am used to bind keyboard shortcuts for actions like Ban [b] / Unban [u] or /timeout 1 [1] /timeout 300 [2] and so on. It would be much easier to get anything similar in Mod-View when a moderator opens the user card.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. In an effort to make trolling more difficult, require 2 Factor Authentication to chat in streams. People can make fake phone numbers to tie emails to, but it would be difficult to constantly have to create both to tie together. Twitch users are supposed to be 13 years of age or older anyway and every teenager or older out there interacting on Twitch have cell phones. This would help provide better security and prevent bot spam and provide a safer experience for the streamer because of how difficult it would be to just create a brand new account after being…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. For the protection of streamers and to ease the duty of mods, it would be helpful to have some type of account grading system in place. For instance, users who have a history of being banned from channels will have a particular account grade assigned to their account.

This account grade will be viewable when a user in chat and/or a mod clicks their user name in chat.

For example, let's use account grades A-F.

Of course a healthy account that hasn't received any account bans from any channels throughout the entire Twitch platform will receive an A grade.

Accounts…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. This is no an idea this is purely a complaint as every other method of getting in touch about this issue has been ignored and it is really starting to get on my nerves.
    I have had my account since march 2014 but only started streaming in Jan of 2019. In all that time i have never had any issues with my name being auto modded until around 2 months ago when it started to get auto modded everywhere, this ruins my raids, my general interaction in peoples chats because if someone replies to me with my name, one of…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  6. Wenn ich in der Modansicht bin wäre es sehr hilfreich das man ein separates Chat-Fenster öffnen könnte so das ich auf dem Hauptbildschirm einen Stream auf Vollbild habe und auf einem zweiten Bildschirm den Chat offen habe.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  7. Recently there was a change in the permaban system so when you permaban a person he can't see chat anymore. I understand that this is added to prevent harassment and stalking, but I think it's not fair, what does his typing something bad in chat has with his reading the chat? If he violated rules by typing something inappropriate, I just ban him from typing, that's only fair, but I don't want to ban him from reading. It's not only unfair but also encourages people to create alternative accounts to be able to read chat again while they could stay…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  8. Timeline so can go back to other parts of stream to clip if missed it

Regards,
    System_Pwned

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. As a feature request, Allow MODs to see & moderate created clips, currently only available to channel editors. and account owners.

My suggestion allow MODs to 1) see all channel clips for channel they moderate for 2) edit clip titles 3) "Disable" a clip making it Private, non viewable or indexable on internet. Then keep Delete function for Editors & channel owners.

With this I'd also suggest adding a Clips API endpoint so a person or 3rd party service could generate a CSV file of all clips on a channel. This should also be accessible to MODs & Channel owners…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  10. Mods cannot timeout/ban each other, so showing the mod actions view adds an unnecessary step when I want to access the simple user actions box. (this intermediary view could be retained for broadcasters, however, in the rare event where the streamer would like to apply a moderation action to a mod)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. add that accounts need to be with a certain time of creation decided for the same channel, time can vary from no time to days, weeks, or months if intended.
    when the account surpasses this creation time, ti will be able to speak in your channel

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be nice in the new mod view to be able to search through the comments posted in chat by username. Best I could compare it to would be like cbenni, where you could type in someone's name and it would bring up their messages. This would be handy that rather than scrolling through chat, say for example if someone comments about someone else's message that they think is against the rules or starts a fight, you can quickly find it through a search.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. A lot of the time I'm chasing a name around a moving chat trying to right click it for the Purge/Ban interface. It would be way easier if I could see a message that needs to be purged that warrants a ban and just right click the message itself to get that popup interface.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Right now on the twitch app, you can tap someone’s name for the ban and timeout options to show up. However, when using timeout, it defaults to 10 minutes. Please add options to the timeout feature on the mobile app that allow mods to choose between different set times for a timeout. Such as: 1 second(purge), 1 hour, 1 day, ect. My biggest wish is to just being able to purge someone’s messages from stream when I need to mod from mobile. If more timeout options can’t be added, then at least add a ‘Purge’ option to the app that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  15. Now that mod view is on mobile they should add the feature for mods to swap in and out of mod view without having to leave the stream to go back to normal view as well as make all the mod commands work on mobile like /announce /poll and others and make it to were you can pin messages on mobile without needing to have a browser open same thing goes for channel point redemptions and predictions of course giving the mods the option to choose which ones they want on their as well as letting them click to see…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  17. That the streamer has a limited number of global badges to give to his best mods, such as the Artist badge.
    This way the work of the mods will be more visible.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UserCard  ·  Admin →
  18. Hola que tal cordial saludo, he sufrido múltiples ataques d cuentas BOTS y por lo regular, dichas cuentas son recién creadas, seria muy importante, una herramienta de que el Streamer, pueda elegir en el escudo, poder poner filtro a las cuentas recién creadas para que NO te sigan. NO debido a esto perdi un canal con mas de un año d trabajo, con mas de 14.000 seguidores y es algo que me ha dolido mucho por culpa de los ataques de bots.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shield Mode  ·  Admin →
  19. A notorious DDoS/DOX'er troll has been plaguing many different games long enough to warrant this thread. He's pretty good at it, I'll give him that, but hitting us all offline constantly IS a felony, and incredibly annoying. He's known as 'nan0,' but has made thousands of accounts over the years, getting around streamer IP masking and VPN protections somehow just to troll streamers.

He goes into your chats with new accounts, waits for you to queue into matchmaking, snipes you, gets your IP, and hits you offline. He's not the only one, but he's the best I've come across since…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  20. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)