Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

IGDB

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

IGDB

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

99 results found

1. This feels topical...

So, when an entry/game submission or edit is rejected and discarded, it's kind of all-or-nothing. If one major thing is wrong with the edit, often the entire submission has to be rejected, just for practical reasons.

It might be beneficial if Admins had the option to select sections of a submission to reject, like Title renames, content deletion, or bad cover art changes while the rest can be approved without the entire entry to be resubmitted..

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That is absolutely correct, and the right way to have in the long term.
    It is however a very complex and time consuming engineering project, and has been postponed due to priority and need to have basis.

That we’ll eventually tackle it is likely, but not in the near future.

2. There is already a wealth of video types one can choose from when uploading a video related to a game, but commercials for a game are not included. These commercials often give an insight into the culture of the era in which the game was released, or occasionally have some lore or culture of their own.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!
    Good news! We discussed this internally, and thought it would indeed be a great addition!

We’ll be adding a new category for our videos labeled Commercial Trailer.

We’ll be in touch once it’s done and live! Thanks again for the suggestion :)

3. Currently, only actual Bundle pages appear to display titles included. It would be helpful if those individual titles also displayed the collections and bundles they are included in.

Discord: https://discordapp.com/channels/114736716505546761/458320386275409964/713862339291775096

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please close the Toontown Online Category and bring back the Toontown Rewritten Category. Toontown Online should be the one to get removed as that game closed September 19, 2013. Toontown Rewritten is still going strong and had people switching over from the old one.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be very nice to have the images of the platform work in the API. I don't mean the logos, I mean the wide image that displays the console in its entirety. Maybe add it as Platform Images or something like that.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Something that comes up with Collections and Bundles are Age Rating Ranges, where you'll have a packages with multiple games than vary in ratings.

Ex. Jak & Daxter Collection
    ESRB: E - T

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Titles contained within Collections and other Bundles can be listed as included by displaying links on the Game Page to each respective title's own page. However there is no current way to list titles unlocked as secrets from earning achievements or other various tasks in game.

Ex. Completing the Xbox release of House of the Dead III unlocks House of the Dead 2.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. This one is pretty self explanatory - having a dedicated image category to reserve for game manuals. While it would be incredible to have a method of flipping through the images like a book, just attaching a PDF would still certainly be better than nothing. It's a definitely overlooked but essential piece of preserving game information, and it would be great to have it here.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add an owned/collected button and list like the currently existing playing, played and want buttons but for games that the user owns but has not played yet

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Can you please add a posibillity to see in the database somehow visually games that you marked as "completed, voted, or played''

Its gonna help to look trough games that you haven't tried yet.

So - i go to the database, see all the games, but the games i completed i can se marked as 'completed' or somehow else - different color, or badged.

i think a lot of people would appreciate it!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there! Good suggestion thank you!
    that sounds like it would be a good fit for a List feature improvement indeed.
    Keeping that one in mind! Thanks!

11. This might sound redundant, but perhaps is would be beneficial to make the Status of a entries "Released" or "In-development" instead of leaving it blank for this development state.

It appears rather common people confuse the terms of Alpha, Beta. etc. for something they need to fill out without understanding what those states are, marking a fully released title as an "Alpha", or leaving a title in perpetual "Early Access" after the full release. Contrary to all other data points of an entry, this is the only one it's encouraged to be left blank, while new users feel compelled to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! This is not a bad idea, however it is going to be a bit hard to do that with our current set up for statuses. We are worried that it might cause confusion for some contributors that are working on games or adding games that are between stages where "in development" and "released" won't apply. So we would need to think about how to expand this feature carefully before taking action. We will investigate further on this topic. Thanks!

12. This one I never really considered until I came across multiple good examples, and they are a step above Tiger Electronics games.

Plug-and-Play TV Games, or Handheld TV Games were cheap, "toy-isle" games that hooked up directly to a TV to play one-off titles, coming with a cheap controller or even a light-gun.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handheld_TV_game

TMNT examples:
    http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/tmnt/tmnt13.htm

I wouldn't look to add each and every one as a Platform, but a generic "Plug-and-Play" Platform like the legacy Mobile Platform could help give these a Platform to live on.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!

We looked into this and thought it was a good fit for sure. We might end up tackling this at the same time as better handling of similar platforms such as Tiger electronics.

Thanks!

13. Just like itch.io, there are lots of games are available on gamejolt.com. So, please add this feature where I can add Gamejolt link as a store. Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would help with searching for specific kinds of games and I'll make sure to help with sorting games into these categories since I've made my own sites about such games.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Creat lists that you can share with others.
    For example “list of all new e3 games”

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Played the game? No = skip to next, Yes = rate and confirm to proceed to the next.
    I don't want to search one by one the 400 games i've played. If you guys can make it personalized based on games already rated, even better.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I think that while it's great that contributers can add a label to each image, it would vastly improve the image database if there were dedicated sections/categories to put specific types of images, and therefore allow specific categories of images to be called and viewed. Some databases such as MobyGames (ex. https://www.mobygames.com/game/ps2/silent-hill-2/cover-art) and screenscraper (ex. https://www.screenscraper.fr/gameinfos.php?gameid=5441&action=onglet&zone=gameinfosmedias) have such categories, and I think that having dedicated sections to put images such as rear cover, CD labels, spines, logos and Title Screens would be an extremely important part of preserving game information, especially older physical titles. I know it's a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I often omit the endings of titles from the Storyline section to prevent posting spoilers, but I realize I'm not everyone. Generally I feel if people are just looking for more info on the game, why play it if you already know how it's going to turn out?

I'd love to see a section you could add or highlight sections of a plot in Storyline that might be best hiddened for new users, rather than a full block of the field.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. There is a variety of arcade games on IGDB, but there is no differentiation between the different arcade hardware. For example, Chunithm and maimai Finale are both on IGDB under the platform of simply "Arcade", despite Chunithm running on the Sega Nu 1.1 board, while maimai Finale runs on the Sega RingEdge 2.

While there are a lot of platforms that would have to be added should this change be made, I do believe that this change follows the mission of IGDB, as the website strives to be a collection of all relevant information for a game, and there are…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It's an interesting data point and it might be worth having in the future. However, before adding more in-depth data we want to update our platform page and make sure that the data structure is solid. After that we think it would be worth looking into additional Arcade platforms and differences as well. Thanks!

20. In addition to box art, id love to see the actual game cart / disc label hosted. Actual carts themselves could be problematic as scan/photo/image quality would vary wildy, but if we could have high quality representations of the label, it could be simple to add to a clean template cartridge to display. See how screenscraper does it under the label heading for an example of what i mean: https://www.screenscraper.fr/gameinfos.php?plateforme=14&gameid=5441

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?