Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

643 results found

1. Twitch has recently been adding quite a few new global emotes, but I came up with an idea. There are so many artists and people with ideas that why not have a place where every month people can submit their emote art and people vote on the ones they like the most. If an emote gets a certain number of votes, then the emote will become a global emote after maybe a clean up and copyrights are settled.

I came up with this idea because there areseveral times where people are like "Twitch should make ____ global emote" or "____should…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Have the option to give users the ability to posses badges for accomplishing certains thing within the site. This feature will guaratee and motivate both viewer and broadcaster a like.

Some badges I though of would be:
    Have more than 5 friends.
    Broadcast 3 times a week.
    Over x hours broadcasting.
    Subscribed to 5 channel.
    Not been banned for over x years.
    Has been on twitch for x amount of time.

Etc, let me know what you guys think!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make it so the gifted sub badges work like bit badges. The bit badges are permanent and you can choose to display any of the badges you have unlocked. But the gift sub badges for some reason dont work the same. There you can only display the badge you most recently gained and also the badge expires when your most recent gifted sub expires. It would be much more fun for people who like to collect badges and like the customization also i dont see why the badges work differently to begin with since they fill the same purpose its…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. You have "Frequently Used" which is nice, but having a favourite list would be amazing. This way they can have a little library of what they like the most (even if they don't use them often).

This will help remind them of the awesome emotes they like the most and maybe used them more in response, but also any channels that are no longer subscribed to will become more obvious if your favourite emotes start being greyed out.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. there s a possibility in future to have a customizable badge for our streams ? Example: mods badge from the shadow change to another and do for more too more customizable

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Give us a control that prevents us from getting new roles added. If I want to only be a viewer, just like anyone else, no one should be able to change that without my permission. I've had this come up a number of times and it is not comfortable.

Viewers can already control their badges for bits and subs and hype train conductor, among other things, but if the streamer gives them a VIP diamond, it gets complicated. If you didn't want that badge, you then have to ask to have your badge taken off or wait to have it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. hello, the Gigantify an Emote feature is an interesting idea, but as a streamer, I don't always want to be seeing these or perhaps I would only like to see large ones from my stream an not perhaps those of other streamers.

I would like to be able to turn this feature redeem off and/or limit the selection of emotes to Gigantify to Global ones and ones from my stream.

Yes, you could just price the bit value higher, but that would stop the fun for emotes the community likes to use. I could also see this being abused by…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I think we should be able to give anyone a founders badge because its no fair if we revoke it from someone they are not able to get it back

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. is it possible to make reset founder badge buttons to the default founders bcz i skipped some guys by accident .

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. At the time of participating in a golden kappa train, in addition to the golden kappa, the user should also receive a special "golden" badge that takes into account how many golden trains the user has participated in.

This would also stimulate users to participate in various golden train to improve their badge.

The special badge can be visible only for 24h or become a badge to be displayed at will like the others

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. This message is not about improving emotes. It is about improving your image amongst registered Twitch users concerning the restriction you place with emote use. Affiliation required to use emotes. If not, no emotes usage ! It's disgusting !!! Read my existing active Case #08202203. All my vented constructive criticism of this restriction is all there. Read it. Again, disgusting that Twitch management denies ANYONE the use of emotes no matter how inactive their channel is.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Give the Lechonk Emote a chance to be shiny, either like how Golden Kappa works, or just like a 1/2k chance to be shiny whenever it gets posted into a chat!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Custom badges streamers can upload and revise once in a 6 month period to recognize viewers who participate in a stream of significant importance (i.e. birthday, charity, anniversary). Imagine an annual birthday celebration and anyone who participated in that celebration can claim the unique badge until it is reset by the broadcaster.

Another option would be to add a unique sub badge flair for viewers who sub, renew, or upgrade their sub tier during an event stream. This would be in addition to the tier 2 and tier 3 badge flair. It would be up to the broadcaster to ensure…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Just like the title says, im proud of being heterosexual, and its one of the main sexual identifications.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Basically, I want to get into emote and badge making, but I have no venue to start, nil discoverability, and the site is structured to focus only on streamers and not on their artists... So:

1. A Badge & Emote Artist could opt into it. This would open a special panel for their profile called "Showcase" where they can put some examples and an "Emote Shop".

2. The "Emote Shop" could allow a Streamer to rent (for 30 days) the artist's emotes from there to appear among their channel emotes, being usable by both Followers and Subscribers.

3. If the Streamer opts to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be nice if affiliates/partners were able to work with twitch to come up and design a global badge for everyone to use on twitch since there are a lot of designers/artists out there on twitch

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I just watching some emoji and I found many types of LGBTQ emojis, BUT I did not saw any of heterosexual emoji like: black-white flag. It offends my feelings. Please add this flag emoji

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. LISTEN THIS IS A WORLD CHANGING IDEA. Imagine if every strramer had a tool where he could let his viewers to import and add a custom hemote next to their nickname. It could be anything. For example my nickname is dumbdragon, so with a streamers consent I would add an dragon emote next to my nickname. Adding a custom emote next to the nickname would give a huge value to the streamers and his viewers. Because it would let to differentiate viewers and have a bit more charachter than just having their written nickname. It would give a chance feel…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. PROBLEM:
    TOO many actual words are being used as the name for emotes. It's confusing and frustrating for anyone trying to communicate in Chat.
    SOLUTION:
    Require a specific capitalization scheme for any emote that uses an actual word. Example: "War" or "WAR" or "war"—not acceptable. "wAr" or "wAR" or "waR"—all acceptable, depending on the specifics of the adopted capitalization scheme. All lowercase, all uppercase and initial cap would be UNacceptable because they are used, as such, in attempts at real communication in Chat.
    [This problem seems to arise frequently in external emote libraries like the BTTV library.]

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There are a lot of limited-time emotes that you can obtain from Hype Trains and other events. These are put into categories in my emote library but the categories don't have any rhyme or reason particularly, for example some are categorised as "Stream with Pride" but some of the pride emotes are under "TwitchHypeTrain", I wish for a feature to be able to sort my emotes out a bit better.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?