Expand the options for reoccurring streams
When scheduling a stream, let us have the option to choose how it would reoccur if we want it to reoccur.
Here is the idea for how the UI could work:
Title: title of stream
Category: category or game
Time: time of day, and length of stream
The reoccurring would have multiple options to pick from:
- Repeat every week, with options to select which weekdays, like it is on Twitch right now. But add the option to choose if it should be "every week" (like it is on Twitch), "every X week", "every X week of the month", "every X week from the end of the month" where the streamer can set X to a number, so "every 2nd week" or "every 1st week of the month".
- Repeat every month, with the option for which days to occur in a simple 1-31 numbered list, preferably in a 7x5 grid. An option for streams scheduled on 29-31 if they should be skipped, or moved up to the end of the month (so if you schedule both 30 and 31, it will be 29-30 on 30-days-months, and 27-28 in February most years).
- Repeat every number of days, with the option to choose after how many days it will happen, for example every 6th day, which will move the stream by one weekday each week.
- Don't repeat, for a single event, and if this option is chosen, the streamer can then pick which day it is.
For any of the repeat-options, two additional options should appear, which should be the start-date and which should be the end-date. Both are blank and can be cleared. Blank start-date will count as today, and blank end-date will count as never ending.
This would give streamers much more control over their schedule, which would be more useful.
I would also like to request that the streamer should be able to choose the timezone for time of day when scheduling. Everything will appear in the viewer's timezone when viewing the schedule, the same for the streamer viewing their own schedule. But when scheduling a co-stream with other streamers, and they're all in different timezones, it's easier to not deal with timezones if they can all choose the same time of day and timezone. It would also be good for when one timezone has summertime and the other timezone doesn't, so the streamers' co-stream doesn't get out of sync on the schedule.
On the schedule settings page. Every schedule rule set should appear as an individual item, instead of having it appear for each weekday. Since with this new design, scheduled items can simply not be tied to weekdays.
So using myself as an example, instead of it saying there's no stream scheduled for Monday through Friday, then saying "Game A, every Saturday 12:00-14:00" and "Game B, every Sunday 14.00-16:00". It would instead just be two rules listing these two, giving the same kind of information. Additional information added if it's scheduled for the future, and/or if it has an end-date defined, such as:
"Game C, every 3rd day, first stream: 17/04/2023, last stream: 05/05/2023" making it clear that the range is inclusive.
- Allow us to change the timezone for a scheduled item
- Allow us to change the rule regarding reoccurring streams
- Allow us to set the start- and end-dates to schedule streams better
This is a more comprehensive and detailed suggestion regarding better scheduling of streams, taking other ideas into account, and some of my own.
The option to set the start- and end-dates for a stream is really useful for when you're planning future streams. For example if you're only going to play a certain game for a certain time. While it's not always easy to determine beforehand, the option should still be there for those who want.
In addition to being able to set a timezone, most useful for co-streams, but also useful if someone just wants to set all their times as UTC. Also having the option to disable summertime can also be useful, if you're using your own timezone that normally has summertime, but you don't want to follow it for your own streams.