Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

22 results found

1. Recently I lost at a minimum 58 clips from my channel due to the person who created them no longer being part of my community. This included my most popular clip of all time and many other amazing funny moments.

The reason I am mentioning that is to add context for the biggest flaw in the clip creation system. There is no way to recover these at all so these memories are just gone forever.

My susgestion is to change how this works. Take away people's ability to delete clips that they created for another channel either all together or…

185 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

21 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Ana responded

Hi! Just confirming that starting today, you now have additional control over Clips that you've featured. Once you feature a Clip created by another viewer, the viewer will no longer be able to edit the title or delete the Clip. Thank you!

2. Currently the option to view what clips a streamer has uploaded is missing in the app. I would like a bar/tab that I can click to view such!

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Twitch responded

Hey guys!

Just following up to confirm that you can now watch clips of your favorite streamers on the android and iOS apps.

You and search by category or go to your favorite streamer to find clips even!

3. Oftentimes, the default thumbnail will not accurately reflect the highlight in question. It would be nice to have multiple thumbnails to choose from (similar to what Youtube allows) before publishing the highlight.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Highlights  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. A few more sort Options Like "Form new to old" and "sort by Game" maybe an Option to search Clips by title and Game. When a Streamer does have many Clips than its hard to find an older Not so popular Clip

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have few ideas for improving clips management for streamers.
    As channel owner and broadcaster, I find it weird that I cant rename tittle of the clips which are done by viewers.

Disable clip settings it would be better limiting to create clip permission to channel owner, editors, moderators, and VIP. Currently, the disable clip from settings is preventing even the streamer clipping in his channel.

Permit editors to go through clips also delete and rename them as well.

As streamer and long time chat moderator in Twitch, I see these would be beneficial improvements to moderators help streamers going…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there, we have added more features to the Clips Settings in the Creator Dashboard to exclude categories, limit creation by follower-only (and how long they've followed), as well as subscriber-only. Editors can now also go through the Clips Editor to delete clips.

For the remaining feature requests, I suggest checking out the following post for title editing: http://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/923368/suggestions/43746066

6. Please give us the option to delete clips from the #Twitch app.

Better yet, let us to restrict clip access (all/ subs/ mods/ streamer) so I don't have to waste time deleting numerous clips after each stream 🙏

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  8 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Trolls are everywhere and I would really like it if you can have the option to make it so only subs or followers can clip. Thank you!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In the settings, an option to play a video at double the original speed and half the original speed would be very useful.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When a video is paused, the video is darkened and a large pause icon is placed over it.
    When a streamer is playing a game and text appears on screen, you will want to pause to have time to read it. However, the darkening and pause icon makes it very hard to read, sometimes impossible.
    For an example, look at someone streaming Civilization VI. There are often dialog boxes with lots of text, which are very hard to read when the video is paused.
    YouTube for example does not darken the text or put a pause icon when you pause…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Pausing no longer darkens the player, and the icon disappears. Thank you.

10. I wish there was a way to delete videos in bulk. For someone like myself who uploads a LOT of vids and not have to go through deleting one video at a time if that time comes.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

This feature is actually live on the site, and yes I wish we had it on the site sooner for sure.

But we have it now and it can be found through your dashboard :3

11. Normally when I'm watching a stream while I work, I like to push the chat and stream to the side of one of my monitors. However, when I want to do this, I need to pop out both the stream and chat view in order to get it to look like this picture http://i.imgur.com/YpF2oEo.png . I have to do that because when I adjust my normal browser window, the stream looks like this http://i.imgur.com/3Vv1SWq.png . Is there anyway this can be changed so the stream and chat are displayed vertically without having to use the pop out players?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Theater Mode  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Player becomes dim when pausing. Please give toggle or solution to this problem so that we can have the option to view stream with proper lighting when paused. As it currently stands, this problem has frustrated and an inconvenience to people who need to pause the video to look at a certain detail, I'm sure this fix would significantly improve user experience as it would give a convenience to those who need to see the stream when paused, thank you!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Player no longer dims when paused.

13. Continue watching same as on twitch mobile app

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please add the "Video preview" feature when hovering through video timeline/progress bar in all "Pasts Broadcasts", "Videos", and "Clips".

However, It's not necessary to implement this feature in "Live" videos.

It will help a lot to see the video interesting point instead of watching through the whole video which some streamers take 3-4 hours or longer.

Best regards,

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Here to confirm that VODs have thumbnail previews when hovering over the progress bar. Thanks for your suggestion.

15. I really want the ability to pull out the chat when in fullscreen. I have wanted this feature for quite some time and I think it would be really convenient

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Theater Mode  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please implement an option for editors to be able to see and manage channel clips on the editor dashboard.

It would be helpful for clip management in channels that get clipped often.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow the owner of the channel to create a clip even if subscriber own archives are active.

Didn't allow me to

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Starting today, both streamers & editors can clip their own sub-only VODs. We separated this suggestion from the idea that it was merged into; but for anyone specifically interested in voting for allowing subscribers (besides the streamer) to be able to clip subscriber-only VODs, then please check out: Allow subscribers to clip VODs for a channel with sub-only VODs enabled. Thank you!

Cheers!

18. Hiding chat should remove the chat window completely. Right now it leaves a placeholder, "Chat is hidden" and takes up a lot of room. Some users want to maximize the video size without going full screen.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Theater Mode  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Editors can't help with editing videos if they can't view them.

Greeted by this message instead: "This exclusive subscriber content didn't load properly. Please refresh and try again."

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you, AgentDave7, for pointing this idea out. Marking it as completed, as Editors now can clip sub-only VODs. Thanks!

20. My viewers and mods are really good with the new clipping tools but I feel like clips in their current state are too ephemeral and it's very easy to lose track of the really good ones. Allowing a broadcaster to promote clips made of their channel to highlights allows for them to be preserved and shared for longer.

This would also solve the issues that arise when everyone clips the same moment since the broadcaster would be able to promote the best one to a highlight which allows everyone to see the same (best) clip of that moment.

This would…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We've implemented Feature Clips, which will allow you to highlight your favorite clips!

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?