Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Extensions

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Extensions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

151 results found

1. I have idea for Twitch related service (including extension) and I would love to charge streamers whose using the service, by flat amount or by calculations of number of viewers/subs.

The project would consist of 4 parts: the Twitch extension, few cloud services, app installed by the streamer and website for promotion and payments. While I don't think I can charge streamer via Twitch for installing the extension on their channels, there is question: Can I charge the streamer for using the associated app/cloud services?

I imagine the client side app (on the streamer side) in order to work properly…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. As I was watching the god gamer Moonmoon play Ghost of Tsushima, it occurred to me that it would be nice to have the ability to donate to the game developer. Maybe twitch can make deals with the developers to set up wallets and what not, and if a streamer is playing their game/category then an extension will allow viewers to also donate to the game dev.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have an issue with every extension on twitch. Somehow I can not use them or see them properly, nor can I edit their overlay. http://i.prntscr.com/6yBRgWI-RoGQF7VgFUJc2w.png

How can I fix this? I tried new browsers, updating my extensions, reinstall extensions, tried to use twitch app, clearing internet cache and cookies, relog-in, but still the same. Is something wrong with my account? Because everyone else see them properly shown, I just don't see them right.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add something like a small visible meter that chat can send their feedback on by liking or disliking the streamer, content theyre providing or the stream as a whole, without viewers leaving to have impact on the view count and on whats streamer doing right or wrong from chats perspective.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Right now an Extension's Discovery Page can only be in one language. It would improve the amount of streamers that would be able to discover an extension if the developer could optionally provide translations for various languages.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The Extension Action: "followChannel" currently only accepts the channel name.

window.Twitch.ext.actions.followChannel: void function(channelName: String)

Most of the other extension APIs all use IDs and these are readily available in the extension from the JWT. With the way this API is designed, in order to use it you now have to make an extra network request against the Helix endpoint to get the channelName from the channelId.

My request is to make it so this action supports taking the channelId or that the channelName is exposed in the JWT token.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would suggest making sure whoever makes an extension that requires bits needs to continuing offering support for that extension for as long as it remains up. I have used multiple extensions thats require bits from the users in my chat and those who made the extension no longer supported it and was just collecting the 20%.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Whether you stream on PC, console, or mobile platforms there is only 2 components, 1 overlay, and 3 panels. I understand that this was probably the most anyone wanted to attempt when you guys 1st started. However, now you are probably the top kid in the streaming game, and this feature could use an update in amount of available slots. If these were always showing then I could see the need for a limit, but most only become visible once hovered over or located in the panel section below. So with this being said you could add more slots for…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The Giphy extention when i add it to my stremlabs it is not working. why? yes i copy and pasted into add browser source

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Tengo un problema con la extensión free stream alerts, en la cual no me aparecen los banners en la pantalla del directo, ni cuando trato de hacer la prueba en la misma extensión; y al parecer es solo en mi cuenta principal por que lo intento en la cuenta secundaria y al parecer en las pruebas aparece todo correcto. necesito ayuda.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add a way to pull users's channel points from the API. It would be really nice to be able to have a channel point leaderboard from an Extension, or directly from you

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be nice to be able to have the ability to add as many extensions as I please because at any given time I usually would want 4 or 5

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. As an editor for a few of my friends, as it stands the only way for me to edit their extentions is via their personal sign in ID and password. I find this rather distasteful since we are supposed to never share that information. As an editor, I should be allowed to access something as important as extensions that provide NEEDED additions to the stream! Please, I hope Twitch, fellow users, and fellow editors share in this idea and see the assistance it would offer the gamers, and the truly epic opportunity Twitch editors(Like myself) would be able to further…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I've looked through the twitch-dev-discord. And there seem to be many people who like me want to use keyboard-events in their extension.

Keyboard-inputs would make a lot more interesting and fun games possible, instead of the current 5 million versions of the same quiz/sticker-extension.

Since keyboard-events are allowed in <input>, I don't understand why it isn't allowed outside of an input.

Also, I think the documentation should be clarified:
    "2.3 Extensions may not use keyboard shortcuts to power functionality."

What you mean is:
    "Extensions may not use keyboard input outside of a input-field to power functionality."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Buenas noches,estoy teniendo un problema con las retransmisiones de twitch referente a amazon music. Se supone que al usar esta extension,marcas una casilla donde afirmas que el audio que salga de la extension,no pertenece al stream,entonces por que me estais silenciando fragmentos de los videos y ademas siempre que esto pasa,como puedo realizar una apelacion al respecto? por que no hay una opcion como "ha habido un fallo con el audio de terceros de amazon music" a la hora de realizar las apelaciones y los perjudicados al final somos nosotros.Espero una solucion lo antes posible gracias.Añado que os he apelado…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Some of the streamers I watch have since rebranded and changed their twitch name; however, the prime-sub notification shows the old name/another channel in the extension. Perhaps the extension is looking in an older, archaic location for the username? Regardless, it would be nice if the extension reminded people to resubscribe to the correct person.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Viewers should be able to join the stream in a one on one video conference (in front of the rest of the stream) to be able to talk directly to the streamer.

Examples would include having viewers either donating to participate or queuing and when the streamer selects the option, the viewer is also casting to the stream to ask questions or just have a general chat with the host.

This could be a useful way to engage the audience further, encourage more active users and fills gaps between the load times on games etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Go to your channel.
    2. Click "Edit Panels". You should see this: https://i.gyazo.com/7431ffc77efa263da1b8753ac81f3328.png
    3. Click "Activate" on one of the default extensions. A popup will appear.
    4. Click "Activate" on the bottom right of the popup. The popup will disappear.
    5. Click "Configure" on the newly added panel extension. A popup will appear.
    6. Click "Activate" on the bottom right of the popup. Nothing happens.

When you have 3 or more activated extensions, clicking "Activate" on step #6 will display a dropdown. Until then, it does nothing.

This confuses users and causes them to send bug reports to the extension developer, when really this is…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?