Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

244 results found

1. MANY PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY LEFT TWITCH AND MOVED TO FACEBOOK GAMING DUE TO YOUR MULTIPLE ADS MONEY MAKING SCHEME, BETWEEN 3 AND 8 ADS AT A TIME IS CRAZY, GO BACK TO 1 AD OR YOU WILL CONTINUE TO LOSE STREAMERS AND VIEWERS, INCLUDING MYSELF, WHICH WILL INCLUDE CANCELATION OF PRIME

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It's kind of stupid to run ads in a language I don't understand or from a country I don't live in. I neither buy products abroad nor watch movies in a language I do not understand. Finally stop sending advertisements based on IP address when my language is on my profile.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I find myself going into someone's stream and instantly leaving when having to wait for an add to play. We live in a "now" type of world and I find this to be unattractive to the person using the twitch platform as well as the person streaming.

I would recommend waiting for the ad to be in place after a certain amount of time watching the streamer rather then the add playing instantly when then link is opened and someone is trying to engage.

Thank You,

EmeryTime

twitch.tv/emerytime

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I don't think this is the correct place to post the bug, but on firefox I have had an issue trying to watch a streamer where you will serve me an ad and then refuse to let the ad play. Thus I am locked out of the stream because it repeatedly serves another ad that doesn't play if I hit refresh. I hear that advertisers prefer their ads to be played too.

I don't think this is the correct spot to be posting this, but when I tried to go through your help section it felt very clunky and all…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. This can also be a problem if we already have another stream running as it will pause/buffer due to the bandwidth being sucked up by the ad.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I am really sick of how twitch doesn't care about it's viewers. Every time i visit a channel and watch a streamer for a while then post a question in chat, every single time a 3 minute ad then immediately begins. there is no way to go back in time to see if streamer answers the question. the really disrespectful situation that often occurs is when you donate bits with a message or donate to the streamer and a 3 minute ad starts. on youtube we can scroll back on a live stream to catch what we miss and we…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. If I see the number of Ads be 4 or more in a row on any stream, REGARDLESS of how long they are, I am closing the app.

If I am waiting more than 3-5 mins for ads to complete, I will also close the app.

I know Twitch needs its money to run and be profitable, but several ads running 10+ minutes is not it. People will not sit through it. They will just leave.

Find a way to balance the number of ads and time spent watching them, so people will engage the site for longer. Break up…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Why when I want to check out a new stream or something interesting I see on the front page, am I greeted with at least 30sec of ads if not more. This generally makes me just close the window or go to a different channel. This is very counterintuitive to growth of really any streamer. I know I can't be the only one out there who does this as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The Doordash (AU) Ad and Colgate gate Ads start off (and remain) so loud it actual hurts my ears and I have mute it. I don't mind it running, but does it have to be THAT Loud. (It's not just in comparison to 1 quiet stream, it's loud compared to every stream I watch)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I like the idea of audio ads because i can still watch the streamer gaming or doing whatever, but they seriously need to be turned down. It says that Audio Ads will match the volume of the stream. That is entirely false. Every time i have gotten an Audio Ad it is significantly louder than the stream volume i have the stream I'm watching set to. Love the Idea, but they need to actually match the stream volume in order for me to be 100% on board with the idea.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. This should be self-explanatory.
    While I know pre-roll ads can be necessary, however they can be slightly annoying in the event of a streamer's stream crashing due to technical issues and needs to be restarted.
    Crashes happen, and our viewers shouldn't have to watch another set of pre-roll ads if we come back within 5-10 minutes after the crash.
    Sometimes these are technical issues beyond our control, other times it's just ending the stream just to fix ONE setting that takes less than a minute to fix.

If the stream comes down for one reason or another, and the streamer…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I noticed on darthmicrotransaction's live stream that I can skip the ads by pressing the ""resubscribe"" button, the commercial ended immediately and I went right back to the live stream. I dont know if this is a bug or not, but I choose to be honest about this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allowing the option on your Streamer Dashboard Manager and change it so VIPs and Mods don't get ads would help them be able to manage and moderate the chat and communicating with the streamer with issues in chat better.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Pre-roll ads should be banner ads during the first 10 minutes viewing stream.
    After 10 minutes, play a video ad.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Right now i am getting one and the same Ad sometimes 3 times in a row in the same Ad-roll, and most of the time during the next Ad-roll as well. Although Ad's are to support your streamer, spamming the same Ad 3 times in a +3 minute Ad-roll is getting very very annoying.
    Is it possible to make some sort of algorhythm (or improve that one) so you won't see the same Ad every Ad-roll, or like +/-6 times every hour? More variety would make the ad'sperience more natural.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I very often get ads in the middle of an intense situation or an interesting conversation. This is very frustrating and in the last weeks, I just turn off Twitch because unpredictable ads in the middle of the stream just don't work in a live stream for me.

If there are no ways to reduce the ads mid-stream, maybe give the viewers more control when the ad is played.

So for example let's say there has to be X ads in 30 min, just give the viewer the option to start the ads at a given time.

Maybe something like:…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. stop playing ad's that are in spainsh thats all im getting

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I keep trying to watch ads, but it's only about 3 minutes of consecutive ads :(
    I was wondering if we could maybe push it to 5, maybe 7 minutes of nonstop advertisement!!!!!!!! I LOVE ADS!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Let creators choose advertisers they feel are most relevant to their community and that align with their brand. Either from a list of advertisers on the platform or via the Amazon Affiliate program so that they could also have ads roll for specific products that they already use and promote.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?