Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management

This Forum concerns: Login, Connections and Password Resets

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

51 results found

1. Allow streamers to put out a push notification when they are on somebody else's stream. Allow them to post to social media through the dashboard. Let viewers have the option to turn on this type of notification (similar to how Twitter has notifications for all tweets and live tweets).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow a channel owner to sent notifications to followers (such as stream rescheduling or general notices specific to stream such as updates). If this feature does exist, please send me a notice about this as I have not been able to find it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. hello staff!

when im streaming i receive a bunch(my followed channels) of notifications , can you remove them please!?

advantages:

1.- dont distract the streamer
    2.- this will liberate some alert for other users if they are not streaming!
    3.- if we calculate process resources, this can be significant thru a year ($$)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I just noticed my channel's vacation mode was on even though I was back to streaming for a week or so. I had no idea it was on!

How about some sort of an alert notification in your Stream Manager for when you go live and you still have the vacation mode for your channel on to prevent this?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Notifications are consistently failing its purpose, they notify users that we are live after 4-6 hours, this is terribly detrimental and force creators to use third parties to allow their communities to know they are live, also impacting their success and by extension, Twitch's success.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. An option to create a gone live message that's automatically posted to any social media sites you use & have selected

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. streams that happen later that day or night. obviously it would depend on streamers making the notifications but i think they would since it would probably help with the lull of not many users watching when they first go live. also would be cool for the people watching, since they'd be more likely to catch their favorite streamers when they're on, since they can see that they will be and plan their day or whatever accordingly, instead of having to hope that when the streamer goes live, they happen to be able to watch the stream right then.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I have an idea, but I'm not a programmer, so please forgive me for some imperfections.

How about Twitch stream notifications in apps like Instagram / Facebook etc.

Let's say the creator has a verified account on Twitch and Social Media. The same situation applies to the viewer who follows him. Would it be a problem if the viewer received a Social Media notification when the creator started the stream?

greetings

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. This happens frequently, If i follow a channel because I want to check it out or see when its online the notifications are automatically enabled and then ill get a notification in the middle of the night

Added bonus if I then want to disable the notification on that channel I have to sit and watch an ad because it blocks the controls for this. So im either watching an ad at 4am or I'm likely forgetting and getting another notification the next day and getting woken up again.

note; would be mitigated if we could only get notifications during…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Notifications are great, but not when you're at work. It would be great to have the option to set time frames to either receive notifications or to not receive notifications.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Dear Twitch

Could streamer etiquette be update to ensure streamers start streaming within 5 minutes of their going live notifications going out. It is really frustrating waiting 30 minutes in some streamers streams before they bother to go live or heaven forbid inform views that they will be delayed with an eta of the stream start time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I have no idea WHY I am getting notifications for channels I DONT follow, and never will....

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The notification you get when a streamer you follow goes live can beautifully fit in the space between the search bar and the notifications box instead of blocking the top portion of the chat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I recently received a notification with the message "Get in on the future of hip hop and R&B: Guapdad 4000, Kari Faux, and more at Move Forward Fest 2020" that links to the moveforwardmusic channel, but it was labelled as "Moderation Needs". This was probably a mistake, but I think this should have never happened in the first place, especially when I have the Marketing notification category turned off.

This suggestion is for Twitch to better improve their notification procedures in order to prevent this issue from happening again. Proper notification controls are important for users to ensure they don't…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Notifications right now hijack already opened twitch tabs instead of opening a new one. This is annoying especially if i'm watching a VoD. I would like for there to either be an option, or for it to just open a new tab like Youtube does it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I was hoping to see notifications for clips implemented for both broadcasters and editors, possibly moderators.

I know that viewers of all calibers like to create clips, but I think that it would allow me, as a moderator and an editor, to be able to optimize my job if there were notifications whenever clips were created and by whom, in conjunction with possible modified editors functions that happen in the future. Some people like to create clips, download them, and then delete the clips, and it feels like there is no recourse against those kinds of clippers, especially if we…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would like to have an option that whenever you are live, and you change the category of what you are currently streaming, that new "go live" notifications (push, email, etc.) are sent out to followers. Even if it takes several minutes for these notifications to go out, it would be beneficial. There are times when a certain game (or category) is being streamed that followers might not have an interest in watching, but should you change to a game (or category) that they might be interested in watching while you are already live, having new notifications being sent out…

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. dashboard.twitch.tv/u/{channel}/channel-analytics/notifications currently uses what appears to be a California based timezone instead of the users local timezone like the rest of the dashboard. It would be great to see an adjustment to this to be streamlined with the rest of the analytics.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 2 votes

We're glad you're here