Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management

This Forum concerns: Login, Connections and Password Resets

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

47 results found

1. É muita burocracia para se redefinir uma senha, todas as vezes que preciso editar alguma coisa tenho que enviar um reset de senha pq as senhas que normalmente usamos para outros sites vocês dizem ser fracas e não deixa colocar, senha com letras maiúsculas, minúsculas, caracteres especiais e números e mesmo assim pra vocês é fraca. Mudem isso! Sem falar que vocês já mandam um código no e-mail então pra que tanta burocracia na senha.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. At Christmas, like everyone else, I received the recap and I was surprised to see that he was a moderator of 10 channels, of which 8 I don't know which ones they are and I think that many people mod without knowing who or they do it because that person is "famous" and they It is exciting to give these people a mod or vip rank. My suggestion is that in each one's settings it should be shown which channels it moderates and in which it is vip, to be able to reject both being a moderator and the vip…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The password recovery with the email is not working (checked and not the email provider's fault). I tried to solve it with the support but after a handful of emails they just closed the ticket with this: they really want to help, but cannot. I just wanted them to send that recovery mail to the email adress that belongs to that twich account but they "unfortunately cannot help".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Keep with a normal password requirement but lose the 2 factor junk. If someone enters their password wrong too many times temporarily lock the account and have the user unlock the account through their email while also advising the user of the attempts. This doesn't fix the issue of bad actors who know a users account name (unless user name and id can be seperate?) - giving the user a headache from having to keep unlocking their account through their email, but it doesn't/shouldn't inconvenience the majority of other users.
    I don't want 2 factor junk but am forced to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have had my phone number for over a year now and I am unable to use to due to the fact that whoever had it before has it registered to THEIR account. When I contact support after having explained that the account the number is currently connected to isn't mine and I don't know the person, they tell me to VERIFY THAT THE ACCOUNT WITH THE NUMBER IS MINE.

Please. Upgrade your support and make it easier for people to claim THEIR PHONE NUMBERS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I already have 2FA. I do not want emails confirming a login, especially if it's from a known location. Please add an Unsubscribe option for this notice.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Requiring users to enter some code via sms every 30-days is just stupidity disguised as security theatre. These codes do nothing to further protect our data at-rest, nor do they validate identity. It's just another unnecessary hoop to jump through. If it wasn't a meaningless, pointless, futile exercise, you wouldn't have added a 30-day option to not-validate - you'd be validating with every new browser instance. We don't need another TSA in our lives.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please Fix 2 fa so it works with all phones. I am currently having to find a work around because MY cell carrier is NOT supported. it is preventing me from getting my affiliate that is B.S. There should be another option to authenticate other than cell phone OR your system should just send a code out to what ever # i put in even if it is not on some list. this is crazy as my Number works for every other site on internet!

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Now that Twitch has enabled streamers to require phone number verification to use their chat, I and many others have had to add a verified mobile number to my account. The problem, however, is I can now reset my password via SMS, which I did not ask for. This is especially problematic because Twitch's 2FA solution can also be bypassed via a phone number that's required to set up 2FA at all, even if the user has a secure authenticator app, meaning an attacker with access to the user's phone number can defeat both factors. Twitch just suffered a data…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Now that sub/bit badges etc have been added to display on your profile when someone clicks on your name in chat. It would be nice to have the ability to hide these from public view if you want.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I forgot the password to my account and didn't receive a single password reset email. I tried to verify my account through customer support but they said they couldn't verify it. Being as I don't have any of the information they request linked to my account other than my email it's a bit redundant. If there was a way of verifying via linked account such as a PlayStation Network account, or via a Discord account, it could make the whole process much easier.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Every time I put in the code that you sent me it says that it’s wrong and I’m getting pretty annoyed. Please send me the right code.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I tried to use a password that is autogenerated by my password manager. Obviously I won't put that here, but another one generated by it is: "speed applause deceiver endpoint cash freckles polygraph mothball unsaid raffle vacant unmoved".
    This is apparently "not secure" and "too easy to guess". Instead I had to make it: "speed applause deceiver endpoint cash freckles polygraph mothball unsaid raffle vacant unmoved1!"

Its worth pointing out that adding a password requirement of any kind besides length and restricting obvious dictionary sequences is well known (even by the US government via its most recent NIST standards) to…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Maybe a personal opinion but having to search the country code manually by scrolling through the list box is not very intuitive. I would like to suggest have a list of countries followed by their dial code rather than the dial number(country code)

Also the ability to search by text would probably help for lazy people like me

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I understand Twitch has recently allowed people to use other apps for means of authentication, but please allow users to use U2F/FIDO authentication, this is not only more secure but also very reliable. Having a U2F as primary with a TOTP as a backup is in my opinion the best method of security, given that Affiliate/Partner accounts hold alot of personal Tax information, I feel this fits more as it's such sensitive information.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. First of all, good job on implementing non-Authy, non-SMS 2FA!

That being said, there's still a major hole in your 2FA implementation, and that's requiring a user to set up SMS authentication before they can set up other forms of 2FA. Unless I've missed something huge, whenever I try to set up 2FA on Twitch, I get directed to put in my phone number first. There's no prompt I can use to skip this step.

This is completely counter to how a lot of other sites do 2FA, where SMS authentication is an option, not a requirement. You can completely…

1,137 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Log IPs of all attempted logins to an account. This way we can report suspicious behavior to you and to authorities/banks when it occurs.

Reason being, I have received multiple 2FA codes on my phone and have no way to report these unauthorized attempts to access my account. I have changed my PW and am still receiving these codes. I have ran two separate virus checkers and come back empty from both.

Thank you.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/two-factor-authentication?language=en_US#Emotes?tt_content=two_factor_emote_rewards&tt_medium=notification_center it says that "When you set up Two-Factor Authentication on your account, an Authy account is automatically created for you even if you choose to actively use an alternative authentication app. This means you can fill out Authy’s Phone Change Form and recover access to your account." I don't need you creating an Authy account behind my back. You have to give us the option to undo this.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. when you look in the privacy settings in your account, you can see the full phone number for your 2FA. Can this be blocked? When changing and entering into privacy, pw and 2fa is enabled again. amazon does this and I feel that they are taking our privacy seriously. 2FA just doesn't do it anymore, esp if you can bypass it the first time

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It is so hard to sign in when I do not have a cell phone number for this authy app anymore. Please change this for ppl. This is make it so difficult to stream now. Please go back to the old twitch where I can sign in with just my email please!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?