Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Mobile

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: Mobile

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

772 results found

1. We’ve made improvements to give you more flexibility to stream while on the go. You can now stream in portrait mode, easily view your chat with a sleek redesign, edit your stream info while you’re live, and coming soon - scene switching!

Please try the new flow on mobile and let us know what you think. We are continuing to make improvements and your feedback is appreciated!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please add support for Siri voice commands, such as Rewind and Fast Forward, when watching videos on demand. For example, “Hey Siri, Rewind 30 seconds”, or “Hey Siri, Fast Forward two minutes.”

Currently that can only be done with on-screen buttons but the app doesn’t support those Siri commands. Siri responds with “Sorry I couldn’t go back” or “Sorry I couldn’t skip this”. A good example of how this SHOULD work is the native iOS Podcasts app.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I’ve noticed when people stream off android they have a button to view chat. There is no such thing for people streaming on IOS. Suggesting we get the same feature on iOS, so we don’t need an additional device just to view our chat

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When browsing on mobile, i have to reset my language tag EVERY new category i look through. It would be great if they would stay, just like on Desktop site. I only speak/read English and having to trudge through searching for English can get very tiredsome and eventually i give up and don't even watch anything until i get back to my PC.

Also, why 2 English tags, with no distiction between them. I understand one is Brittish/UK English and the other American English, but they both only say "English". There's really not much difference between the 2 either and…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I'd love to see Twitch get its own VR app or a VR option in the current app, maybe somewhat similar to YouTube VR's interface. I'd be happy to pay a fee for the use or possibly have it included in the price of Turbo.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Minimize them to just their profile pictures when Viewed, or maybe a menu that can be popped open

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stories  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would love an option for a stream to play but not take over the iOS media audio stream. For example, in the Discord and Reddit apps, if a video is played, its audio will play at the same time as whatever is playing through iOS's background audio!

This way we can watch streams and still listen to our own music

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please add a button for the overlay on screen ( On - Off ) Button .. the overlay is so annoying on phone it must be optional not a must for the users, Like for me personally I prefer watching on full screen without any distractions, I can’t enjoy the streams anymore on phone from the overlay on screen ( Chat, Bits, etc. )

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Interest  ·  Ana responded

Hi, thanks for your feedback!

This status is to let you know your idea has been reviewed. Your idea is open for voting/comments from other Twitch community members. This is a great time to share your idea with others. Learn more about status updates here.

---

For the community: If you like this idea, please vote on it and feel free to add on how it would help you in the comments.

9. I haven’t been able too use more then 1 emote on the iOS version of the app, I can’t participate in channel raids because the raid message gets deleted and anytime I send a message with 2 emotes it’ll appear on my end but won’t send to any of the streamers with a live chat feed

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The mobile app sucks never lets you perform any actions such as unfollowing someone, blocking a user, claiming channel points, redeeming channel points, updating settings, etc. It crashes frequently as well.

Admin audit: Removed unnecessary, negative commentary.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Streams I watch at some point get muted out of nowhere and I have to restart the app to fix.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The sidenav on the iPad app does not refresh automatically.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Bring back multiple tag search, right now filtering is limited to one tag on mobile, and that kills small streamer discoverability

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Play In Background claims it will switch to audio only mode when the screen is locked. I have it enabled.

When I have the app open and I lock the screen or swipe down from tho top of the screen to open the iOS notification center, the audio does continue playing.

When I leave the app while a stream is playing, the stream continues playing in a picture-in-picture mode. If I then lock the screen or open the iOS notification center, the playback pauses rather than switching to audio only mode and continuing.

This is especially annoying when pressing play…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When i chromecast a twitch vod (assuming it happens on live streams too) to my tv and pause the vod, the cast will close after only a few mins. My other apps like Hulu, YouTube, and Netflix don't do this and can be paused for much longer. From what i understand this timeout is set by the app developer.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Android  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bonjour

Il y a un problème sur Android quand vous cliqué sur filtrer et trier ensuite cherchent tous les tags on n'a aucune possibilité de garde un tag en favori on est obligé de revenir et refaire toujours la même manipulation quand on quitte la rubrique. alors que sur iPhone on peut faire sa par exemple choisir sa langue est la mettre en favori.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I've came across a problem I cant easily access the full twitch streaming capability on the mobile app.
    I also cannot access account on Samsung Galaxy Tab which would allow me slightly more access as bigger screen
    Also I cannot access account on laptop with windows 10. This is completely ruining my streaming experience

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I do a lot of streaming directly through my phone on the twitch app. It would be nice to have the option to type in chat while streaming on my phone.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Mobile users are currently unable to participate in watch parties or sponsored streams like the recent one for Upload. If a viewer has Amazon Prime linked to Twitch, they should be able to watch Prime content on mobile and Chromecast or other similar services.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Making everything about the channel layout more accessible to mobile users would be a huge advantage, as currently the experience for mobile users is heavily compromised (inability for mobile users to interact with Twitch Polls is the exact reason I don't use them, for example).
    If the changes to this can be made in a way that makes it easier to communicate things like schedule and 'about the streamer' to a mobile user, I can get behind that, but otherwise I find there is very little redeeming about this new layout.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?