Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Mobile

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: Mobile

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Currently the iOS 14 widget shows both live streams and re-runs the same way – with a red circle icon. It would be nice if re-runs had their own visual presentation, so it'd be possible to tell them apart.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. So mod Viewing on twitch on IPad I feel like needs to be added because I can’t check people unban request only pc can sicne they have mod view

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Several affiliate streamers have issue with their viewers not able to see their stream on mobile app, no matter what they do to fix it. Some affiliates go weeks without transcoders. It's there anything that can be done for small affiliates?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The mobile app really sucks at the moment if I’m being honest but I fell like the problems can be fixed. One thing is the chat and stream and how all that work. I don’t know if this is just me but the chat it about 10 seconds ahead of the stream for some reason. I always see chat answers questions the streamer asked like 10 seconds before they asked them and it makes chat pretty useless in mobile. Another thing that’s bad on mobile is the twitch predictions. I’m having a lot of fun betting on different things in…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Many times, if not every time my streamers I follow and have notifications on, go live I’m not notified. The app doesn’t notify my via the app that they are live. I have missed many streams. It’s annoying. Why the change all of the sudden.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When watching vods or clips on the horizontal mobile player, tapping to bring up controls makes the follow, notification, and sub buttons pop up. WHY??

When you're watching live it's not a huge deal because you don't need to use the seek bar. But watching a vod or clip, it's insanely annoying having those buttons take up a third of the screen every time you want to go back a few seconds. If I'm watching a vod from a channel I've been subbed to for a year, why I would want the option to unsub and unfollow them popping up…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. hey, would there be any way that the phone could stream phone games directly?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The iOS app does not show that streamers are live until a few minutes after they start. There is no way to see the start of the stream live on the mobile app. Give the user an option to idle on a streamer's profile and have it start playing at the start of the stream (this is possible in the web browser interface).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I don't know if this is an oversight on Twitch's behalf, but you must realise that the text size on your apps is tiny. It's too small to be used comfortably by some users.

For many people either with bad eyesight or using their phones and tables to keep up with chat whilst streaming they have to put up with this tiny text that gets in the way of the enjoyment of streaming.

I, amongst others plead with you Twitch, please put larger font sizes in chat for those that need them. Be inclusive to those with less than perfect…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. TheiOS iPhone app stops playing sound if app is in background or screen is locked. This interrupts the stream all time if a iMessage/... is received and I need to reply.

Twitch app should work like other sound playing apps and stream the sound in background too.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please add ability to switch badges on mobile app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hello!

The basic idea here is to have the ability to use emotes for channels that you are subscribed to across other platforms (text, social media, etc). This has a multiple benefits:

• It allows subscribers to get more usage out of their Subscriber emotes outside of just the Twitch platform, which doubles as a really cool subscriber perk
    • It gives a two-fold discoverability opportunity for the streamer; one by word of mouth (whoa, where'd you get that emote!?), and one by the ability to view emotes through eBoard, encouraging you to check out a streamer you like the emotes for
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I’ve noticed when people stream off android they have a button to view chat. There is no such thing for people streaming on IOS. Suggesting we get the same feature on iOS, so we don’t need an additional device just to view our chat

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. On iOS 15 when watching streams vertically, remove the “Chat” text above the chat. It is pointless and taking up space that could be used to see more of chat, especially on my iPhone 12 mini’s smaller screen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would love to see an app designed for moderators in mind.

I'm constantly on the go and using my android phone or iPad to output a wifi signal for my laptop to moderate a chat. Having to do this makes the stream laggy and catching the bot or people that need to be looked at hard since alot of mobile hotspots are not that great at all.

I use the browser rather than the streaming app for moderation because moderating on the existing app is either non-existent or horrible.

Having a dedicated app, web app, or even moderator view…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. when I'm streaming as myself, the mobile app understands this and will put me in a more manager than viewer mode as soon as I start up. There is a super cool feature where you can send an invite to others who can stream for your organization. So if the key tied to my twitch account is streaming for an organization, it would be cool if starting the twitch app put me in my editor or moderator role, rather than playing my own voice back at me.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I would like a button to be on a channels page using the mobile app to host channels. Many times when exiting IRL streaming it can be difficult to host other streamers with unique names.

If I could close down my stream and browse twitch to find a channel and hit the host button on their channel that would help a lot.

I ended my stream the other night and kept having to go back to my channel and typing in host(name) to only have spelled the name wrong multiple times.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hi,

Twitch has pushed a new interface that gives a video preview of "FOLLOWED CHANNELS" streams. But I now have to scroll down alot to see all my followed channels and decide which to watch. I'd like an option for a "list view", which basically shows the old twitch mobile interface of followed channels. The video previews imo adds no upside and only bloats the interface.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?