Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Mobile

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: Mobile

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Option to compact or expand a video section. Twitch got fat. With the new followed channel layout I can’t find the people I want to watch. Videos used to take up 1/5 of the screen, like in the recommended section. That was easy to view and easy to find the followed channels I want to watch. Now videos take up 1/2 the screen, like in the discover section. It feels clunky and I would rather unfollow than dig to find people. Easy fix, give an option change the the layout. If I want it to be compact and look like…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The app wide preview window in the "your live channels" is horrible. Please revert it to the small window with text to the right

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. My idea is that, for streaming on mobile you could perhaps add an overlay support for android and IOS. A lot of streamers, including me, stream from their phones. + not to disturb others around them, they use mostly Bluetooth headphones, but then the game audio cuts off for the viewers.

We all know you are busy, but can you consider, making overlay support and in-game audio happen?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. A few months ago, I was suddenly able to start using low latency mode in the Twitch iOS app on my iPhone 8. It was awesome, and it made Twitch much more enjoyable to me because there was far less lag.

A few days ago, I deleted and reinstalled the app. For some reason, the low latency option was now missing. When I contacted Twitch support, it seems that low latency mode on iOS is currently an experimental feature, and it is randomly offered to a small percentage of people and can be taken away.

Because I am unable to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Increase fast forward and rewind buttons tappable area and/or choose another gesture to show the chat in playback mode.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When you try to open a collection, the Android application doesn't load the list of videos. It shows a "network error, please try later"...
    Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hi,

There should be a brightness option in mobile app just like Netflix's.

Best regards,

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please for the love of God can you allow my Bluetooth voice audio to attach to a stream? I can’t be the only one frustrated that viewers (even if it’s just me lol) can’t hear the person streaming??? Kinda defeats the purpose of the whole thing no?

sendhelp #prettyplease #cherryontop

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Having the ability to cast twitch from your mobile device to a tv would be a really nice feature.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Estaría genial si añadiesen poder hacer encuestas en dispositivos móviles, ya que si no tienes un PC o no puedes conectarte al PC, puedas crear encuestas en móvil.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Several affiliate streamers have issue with their viewers not able to see their stream on mobile app, no matter what they do to fix it. Some affiliates go weeks without transcoders. It's there anything that can be done for small affiliates?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The mobile app really sucks at the moment if I’m being honest but I fell like the problems can be fixed. One thing is the chat and stream and how all that work. I don’t know if this is just me but the chat it about 10 seconds ahead of the stream for some reason. I always see chat answers questions the streamer asked like 10 seconds before they asked them and it makes chat pretty useless in mobile. Another thing that’s bad on mobile is the twitch predictions. I’m having a lot of fun betting on different things in…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Many times, if not every time my streamers I follow and have notifications on, go live I’m not notified. The app doesn’t notify my via the app that they are live. I have missed many streams. It’s annoying. Why the change all of the sudden.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. When watching vods or clips on the horizontal mobile player, tapping to bring up controls makes the follow, notification, and sub buttons pop up. WHY??

When you're watching live it's not a huge deal because you don't need to use the seek bar. But watching a vod or clip, it's insanely annoying having those buttons take up a third of the screen every time you want to go back a few seconds. If I'm watching a vod from a channel I've been subbed to for a year, why I would want the option to unsub and unfollow them popping up…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Especially for tablets, it would be nice if the Stream-Manager could be also used in landscape mode, with chat and activity feed next to each other instead of on top of each other. The user should be able to decide on his own which should be on the right and on the left.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. hey, would there be any way that the phone could stream phone games directly?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I don't know if this is an oversight on Twitch's behalf, but you must realise that the text size on your apps is tiny. It's too small to be used comfortably by some users.

For many people either with bad eyesight or using their phones and tables to keep up with chat whilst streaming they have to put up with this tiny text that gets in the way of the enjoyment of streaming.

I, amongst others plead with you Twitch, please put larger font sizes in chat for those that need them. Be inclusive to those with less than perfect…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. TheiOS iPhone app stops playing sound if app is in background or screen is locked. This interrupts the stream all time if a iMessage/... is received and I need to reply.

Twitch app should work like other sound playing apps and stream the sound in background too.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. A clips section in every category on Twitch, you can swipe up or down to travel between clips. Clips can be rated through a slider on the side. I think this feature would be great for not only streamers, but normal Twitch users as well. This short clips section would have its own place aside from streams, for example: Top rated clips would have their own space in the main Twitch page.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?