Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Mobile

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: Mobile

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

16 results found

1. A few months ago, I was suddenly able to start using low latency mode in the Twitch iOS app on my iPhone 8. It was awesome, and it made Twitch much more enjoyable to me because there was far less lag.

A few days ago, I deleted and reinstalled the app. For some reason, the low latency option was now missing. When I contacted Twitch support, it seems that low latency mode on iOS is currently an experimental feature, and it is randomly offered to a small percentage of people and can be taken away.

Because I am unable to…

260 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

26 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Danky responded

Hey everyone, excited to let you all know that low latency mode is now the default for all iOS users! 

For now, you will need to disable low latency mode if you want to airplay to other devices. If you aren't seeing this change, please update the Twitch app in the app store. 

Thank you so much for all the feedback and have a great day!

2. After a recent update to version 5.8 on January 17, 2018 a feature on iOS mobile was removed to be able to "pinch to zoom" in on areas of the stream. Being on mobile with an already smaller screen, when I'm watching Magic: The Gathering streams, it's really important for me to be able to zoom in on the various cards to read details of the print. With this new update, the streams are locked into the "full screen" view and it makes it much more difficult to view.

Is there a possibility to reintroduce the "pinch to zoom" functionality…

163 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  20 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It's always a pain to subscribe to people on mobile through browser so why not add a convenient button on the mobile Twitch app!

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ever since I updated to iOS 16, the Twitch app (v14.0.1) has been causing my phone (iPhone 13 Pro) to get extremely hot when I use Picture-in-Picture mode (aka pop out mode). When I revert to full screen, the phone will cool down again. If anyone else experiences this issue, please list;

-Your phone model
    -iOS version
    -Twitch app version

Thanks!

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Ana responded

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience. The team has worked with Apple to investigate the overheating/battery drain issue when using Picture-in-Picture that you have reported on iOS 16. Please upgrade to iOS 16.4, as it should address this problem. 

5. The low latency toggle on mobile isn’t doing anything at the moment. Usually when it works the stream jumps ahead or jumps back depending on the mode but it’s not changing anything.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reporting this issue - a fix for low latency mode on mobile has been provided with version 15.9.2 and 16.0. Thanks again.

6. Be able to broadcast live from the Twitch app or have a seperate app for twitch broadcasting. Would be helpful for streaming on-the-go.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I love to view all the fun moments I’ve clipped from streams and it’s a hassle to only be able to view them from a desktop website. It’d be really convenient to watch and manage them from the app.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    You can now view, download, and share edited clips directly from the Twitch mobile app. To access your clips, click Creator Mode in the top right corner of the app and go to your Content tab.

8. Twitch Mobile needs an uptime counter on stream! Being that it is a feature on the desktop version, it only makes sense for users to have that functionality on mobile.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Danky responded

Hey mobile app users, we’ve heard you and we’re happy to announce that we updated the live channel page to include an uptime counter starting today! You can know see how long a stream has been live when you join the channel on mobile.

Thank you all for your feedback and have a great day!

9. The only way to download clips to promote on other sites is to do it either via desktop or a link for a mobile browser. I want to be able to download a clip in the mobile app to share it to other platforms.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

You can now view, download, and share edited clips directly from the Twitch mobile app. To access your clips, click Creator Mode in the top right corner of the app and go to your Content tab.

10. For the Mobile Twitch app, have better functionality for example the ability to highlight streams from the app similar to the site itself, as well as posting a stream schedule via the app, adding info for your channel in the ABOUT section, making the app overall more user friendly, and for god sakes allow a dark mode cause it is extremely bright. The app itself as is is a good start, but it needs better functionality.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please add a Schedule Manager in the mobile application.

The Schedule is very important for a streamer but we can only update it in the dashboard of the website version.

Can you add this feature in the mobile application ? It would be nice !

Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. As described, apparently on all mobile apps users cannot access the custom rewards that we make up for the new channel points. They just need access to them

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Twitch responded

This functionality is now live and should be able to access any customer rewards for channel points on the mobile apps.

If for some reason you are still having issues please reach out to our teams at help.twitch.tv so they can help you with troubleshooting.

13. When holding down the icon on IOS allow stream manager to be selected along as start streaming which is already there.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there,

When you hold down the Twitch app icon, you should see "Stream Now" which will take you to the Stream Manager. Thanks!

14. Many people love to consume Twitch on their mobile devices. Often, they're not even watching, they're just listening, i.e. when going for a walk etc. Please add a "blind mode"/"background" mode that only streams audio and that doesn't pause the stream when turning off the screen. That way, the usage of the mobile device charge and data plans would be much more efficient. This would be very good especially for "Just Chatting"-streams. Bonus from the business p.o.v. : You could play specialized adds that work without video.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add an option for the mobile application to view a stream or clip on different devices like smart TV, Xbox One and basically any device using the same (wireless) network for internet access.
    I like to choose a stream on my phone but continue watching on TV and Netflix and YouTube are already fulfilling my need to use my phone basically as a remote control.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Since multitasking is such a big thing on mobile, maybe allowing us users to tab out of the app whilst still having a small window for the stream open could be a good idea. Netflix currently does something like that if you tab out of it to access other apps.

I thought since you viewing time and general upkeep of viewers is what you strive for it'd be a good idea

It'd also help users keep up with the streams at all times instead of missing fun/crucial events on stream cause they had to tab out to check something else…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?