Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Mobile

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: Mobile

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

774 results found

1. There needs to be an option that lets you resize the Chat. The Chat takes away a good chunk of the screen when it is not minimized and it makes the Stream significantly smaller and since I like reading the chat I would like to have both on my screen without the Stream getting too small. Also, on my iPhone 12 on the right side of the Chat there is some kind of “black bar” with nothing on it which also takes away a little bit of the screen and it would also be nice if that would get removed.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I only follow about 5 streamers so not all are on at some point, the Home Screen widget on iOS was really great since I could see currently live channels I follow.

Now it pops up with recommended channels which I have no interest in. It’s not that I’m not interested in the channels shownx it’s that I only want to see channels I follow there.

It’s now hard to see when channels I follow are live since it doesn’t stand out anymore and there’s always something live.

Please revert back to how it was before

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be cool to be able to watch twitch VODS offline. Maybe download them onto the phone first, then be able to watch them later.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The “Featured Clip” is frustratingly oversized and takes up way to much space. It doesn’t need to be above “Live” or “Recommended” either. Move it down or make it a tab at the bottom with the other search features.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Interest  ·  Ana responded

Hi, thanks for your feedback!

This status is to let you know your idea has been reviewed. Your idea is open for voting/comments from other Twitch community members. This is a great time to share your idea with others. Learn more about status updates here.

---

For the community: If you like this idea, please vote on it and feel free to add on how it would help you in the comments.

5. Please add an option to stretch the stream/VOD on the android devices with new aspect ratios (18.5:9, 18:9 etc). The native crop to fit are bad for streams.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. While watching a previously viewed stream under “Continue Watching” when the advertisements finish. The VOD resets back to the beginning at 0:00. You manually need to reset it back to the last known watched time signature. Please take note of this. Thanks

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Often, streams contain several games/categories. The chapters function on PC is super helpful in determining which categories are in a VOD. For example, I've been catching up on watch party VODs. I like to play the show on my PC and have the streamer and chat replay on my phone. The streamer takes breaks between episodes, which are a pain to skip using the slider. On PC, I can just click the next watch party chapter. Considering this function already exists, it would make sense to port it to the mobile platform.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Had this idea a while back. Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to send Kappas, PogChamps and such to eachother in text messages, snapchats etc?

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I like being able to change all of my apps notification sounds so I know what the notification is without even turning my head to look at my phone.

Right now with the new update it just uses the notification sound as set in Android settings, which can conflict with other notifications. I'd like to be able to change the notification sound for the Twitch app specifically, like many other apps on Android allow you to do.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Android  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hey,

I noticed that on twitch iOS it's possible to zoom on the screen while watching a stream and that's really useful cause sometimes we simply can not see small letters on screen or things like that,

Since I use a Samsung S6 (Android) and now it won't let me zoom anymore the screen, it would be really good since no one would be against, it's easy to make and pretty useful, I'm sure tons of people will enjoy (the one that will notice it ofc :p)

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Android  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Have theater mode on twitch app for like tablets and iPads and such, I think this would be a great addition to the Twitch mobile experience.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I've noticed the following thing on the Android app: when watching a video, an ad comes up (that's fine), but as soon as the ad's over, it cuts back to the video and the playback speed seems to be sped up slightly. It happened to me like 3 times now in the past week. Always the same issue.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Android  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. On iOS 15 when watching streams vertically, remove the “Chat” text above the chat. It is pointless and taking up space that could be used to see more of chat, especially on my iPhone 12 mini’s smaller screen.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The unfollow button will immediately unfollow the channel without confirmation. The unfollow button can appear as a heart on a stream, on a channel view, in the search list (for some reason?!), or the text "unfollow" in a user/message context flyout. Several times now I have accidentally pressed these buttons which frustratingly reset the "following at" date. I just want a clearly written confirmation modal with a prominent cancel button for all of these interactions, especially when the button is just a heart and can be mistakenly tapped in an unclear context.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. As a mod I think that it would be an amazing idea to give mods the option to actually be full mods on mobile. As of right now we can’t create polls, create predictions, or manage redeems.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please remove empty screen and “play” button when in “Chat Only” mode so that only the Chat screen is displayed fullsceeen.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please give us the option to have faster playback speeds on mobile.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fix this:

The iOS app regularly resets the playback position of the video after unpausing a VOD. May also be a result of pausing, leaving, then re-entering the app. This makes VODs a pain to watch on mobile.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. BTTV is an amazing application that helps a lot of users with minor things that become a necessity after using for so long. I love being able to see all the BTTV emotes on twitch but the twitch application doesn't allow these. I also am a BTTV Dark user and on mobile we have to stare at the white background. They have recently put in a host button that shows under the channel you are watching. This means we can instantly click a button and boom the hosting is done for us with ease. Endless options for many people will…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. While in fullscreen mode: allow the stream to go from landscape to landscape flipped without having the 'auto rotate' Android setting on.

The YouTube app works this way and I find myself missing it more than I expected when using the Twitch app.

In case the above isn't clear...
    1. Auto rotate is off
    2. Full screen stream
    3. Orient device to landscape
    4. Rotate device 180° (flipped landscape)
    5. Stream also rotates 180°

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Android  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?