Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. > Build your first Extension
    > Here’s an extension that just says ‘Hello, world!’

where do i store this? how do i connect this with the twitch extension config page?

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Investigating  ·  0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. While you do a good job of stating that the IRC interface deviates from the RFC, as well as where and how it deviates from the RFC, it may be beneficial to specifically call out the deviation that the MODE command is server-generated (read only), instead of being a keyword that can be generated by a client.

In other words, my bot cannot issue its own "MODE #channel +o nickname" command via the IRC interface (like it can on IRC), it can only receive notifications from the server that the server has sett one of those modes. One sentence covering…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. This guy does not resemble reality. Part 4: Enabling Drops; Click Your Console ( Where is it, I clicked Your Dashboard); Click Drops ( Where is it? How am I suppose to find it?).
    Not approvable

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. This documentation isn't clear enough, it implies that the ID attribute should be set to the channel name, but for whatever reason it has to be set to 'chat_embed' and then the channel name goes in the SRC URL, replacing the 'hebo' text. There's no description of how the 'src' attribute should be presented so this isn't immediately clear.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The Get Broadcast Subscriptions docs https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference#get-broadcaster-subscriptions was updated to include gifterid and giftername fields, but neither of these were added to the example.

Also, the example is erroneous because it shows the same user id for both broadcaster and subscriber, but they represent different usernames, which is impossible.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. In the dev docs, can you add an "Updated" field with the date of when the page was last updated, or what versions the doc works with? Trying as a newbie now, there's some stale info in here.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Investigating  ·  0 comments  ·  Developer Site  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. At the moment, we can only use local fonts or google font in extensions.
    I would be great to allow fonts from Adobe to be used too so we can use more fonts for our projects.

The css link they give us
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://use.typekit.net/xxxxxxx.css">

or

<style>
    @import url("https://use.typekit.net/xxxxxxx.css");
    </style>

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The New Twitch API needs serious attention. I worked considerable with the V3 API and that was rock solid. I'm having a difficult time with the new API. It has a lot of quirks.

My biggest issue now is that certain calls return an empty response with certain parameters.

For example, if I try to filter streams with a gameid and language this will return a result with 0 items sometimes while other times it will return the correct results. The behavior is very inconsistent.
    https://api.twitch.tv/helix/streams?game
    id=33214&language=en

It works 100% of the time without the language parameter.
    https://api.twitch.tv/helix/streams?game_id=33214

It…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow game developers to rename a game without going through customer support agents.

Right now I am trying to go through the process of updating the game name, and it has been a **** for 6 months already. Took a month go get the update happen on GiantBomb, waited few months for Twitch to synchronize, which didn't happen, then started writing to support agents.

First reply to my ticket was 2 months after I opened it. Support replied with a canned response about renaming a user...

After reopening the ticket, several weeks later I get the ticket closed again, with…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Site  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Looking for a metric that helps determine what percentage of viewers tried out the extension. A developer can track the viewer count on their own, but they cannot guarantee that the extension loaded for each user. A metric is desired to calculate that X% of users interacted with the extension, not just a raw value of unique interactions.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. For example, the YouTube Data API has the "fields parameter" to accomplish this, an example being: items(userid,username,title)

https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/getting-started#fields

Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Boxart used on a category's Giantbomb page should be automatically set as the boxart on Twitch.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Some developers may need to cycle their Extension's whitelist with a big number of accounts. There's already an option to mass add users to a whitelist. So it's only natural to complement it with a mass delete.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. There are two scenarios when using this API which return a 500 from the server, but which should return either a 401 or 400 and a meaningful error code to help point out the issue:

1. If you have set your productSKU's to 'live', but you're testing in 'Hosted testing', you receive this error. A response telling you that you cannot test SKUs in live mode when in hosted testing would be great.

2. If your extension is live and you are trying to use bits on a channel which doesnt support it, you will receive a 500 from the server. I…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Game developers can currently upload only the boxart, but to upload the banner they have to reach out to Twitch to update. It would be nice to have this moved into the site to make it easier to manage.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I want to a way to embed the Twitch player natively inside an iOS app. The existing web embed is not as efficient or usable as a native player could be.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Embeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 18 19 20 22 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?