Developers

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

957 results found

1. Please provide an API to upload Stories so that the channel editor using an external tool can complete creating a story and upload it using a suitable tool, as apposed to the Twitch Dashboard.

This could be an after effects/premiere plugin for example that auto uploads after rendering

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Several links like https://dashboard.twitch.tv/u/nickname/extensions/manage can be changed to https://dashboard.twitch.tv/extensions/manage by removing "/u/nickname" but this from extensions returns an error.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I utilize the API endpoints to disable a few things while wrapping up my stream (such as disabling commands, channel point rewards, change chat modes, etc). Within this workflow, I recently realized it would be super helpful to be able to disable or configure the raid-ability status of my channel as well. It would also be helpful to be able to control the other parameters, such as the min/max amount of viewers in a raid, account age, etc. It would all be amazing to be able to control through the API in the event of a wrapup, raid abuse, etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Initially we'll need an API to toggle that check box on a clip that makes a clip eligible for the discovery feed.

So that we can have editors (or mods that don't need/shouldn't have editor role on the site) the ability to manage clips in an external tool that third parties may have.

(will need to update this UV, probably, when theres more information about the feature when API stuff I'd like is figured out)

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  API  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The videos endpoint currently support GET requests to retrieve information about published videos and DELETE requests to remove videos. It would be nice to support PATCH requests to be able to modify a video's information, at least the title, description and thumbnail.

I like to edit my video's thumbnail at the end of my stream, and right now I need to do it manually in the Video Producer. I'd like to automate this process, and the absence of PATCH request prevents me from doing it so far.

Thanks in advance!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In the twitch IRC tags documentation, there are multiple instances and examples of the "flags" tag being returned. But it is not documented, its use is related to automod but to what extent is not known.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I am trying to distinguish which viewers on my channel are most likely to be bots monitoring the channel versus people actually participating in the channel - even if they are just lurking. I would like to be able to check a given user_id and see if they are joined to multiple channels at once and if the number returned is over a given threshold mark them as likely bot accounts. I do not care what channels they are join into just the total number. Currently this information seems to only be available with user granted permission. Bot accounts are…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add a search field where you can search for a specific Title of a VOD or CLIP in the whole History of someones Channel

Currently if you open up Past Broadcasts you can only search by Category. It would be nice if i can search for Titles aswell. For Example if i search for a specific Event which happened i could search for a Title and the result will show me all archived VODS with this Title.

Also for Clips it would make it much easier for Editors to search for a specific word and get all Clips he wants…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Most every emote is the same 28x28/56x56/112x112 resolution, except the "basic" faces - R) ;p :p ;) :\ :O B-) O_o :| >( :D :-( :-) and the <3 heart. These, for whatever reason are 24x18/48x36/72x54. This makes for some issues if you're trying to prepare a container for an image before it loads.

Is there any way to include a width/height dimension if the emote's not going to be the standard resolution? Ideally, just in the "https://api.twitch.tv/helix/chat/emotes/global" API call should be sufficient, as (as far as I know) no other emotes have different sizes. However, if there…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please add a flag to https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference/#get-broadcaster-subscriptions to distinguish a sub by payment method

This could be a is_prime boolean

Or it could be a payment_method enum (recurring / prime / iosToken / something else)

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  API  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Sometimes you can end up with an extension where you have multiple versions under 'In Development', but ultimately you can only release one version.

Unlike the current active version, in-development versions aren't deprecated when a new version is released, so you can end up with old in-development versions that you can't do anything with (assuming you want to stick to some form of a convention for the version numbers).

It'd be great if the dashboard allowed you to delete/deprecate in-development versions, so you can clear out the extra versions, or allowed you to change the version number for in-development versions,…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Extensions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The ability for the dev to set and/or provide options which allow the configuration of a video component's iframe anchored position on the video player, left, right, top, bottom, etc, as well as optional constraints to what anchors are available. Currently only right side of the player can be used.

I believe this option would increase the potential use-cases for video components as different sections of real-estate can have different levels of importance for whatever your video component has been designed for.

Alternatively adding pop-out functionality to video components.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The extension can request subscription status as a feature. If the feature is enabled and the user is linked the subscription status can be looked at using Twitch.ext.viewer.subscriptionStatus

It would be handy to have similar functionality for following status. Whether the viewer is following or not.

There is helper functions for actions.followChannel and a callback for action.onFollow

It could be that an extension has additional features if the viewer is following a channel that are not available to viewers that are not following.

To figure out if the user is following the channel currently would require getting a moderator:read:followers and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. server.py can not be executed because it is written in Python 2x. Also, changing "start": "HTTPS=true PORT=8080 react-scripts start," causes an error. Wouldn't it be better to modify it to write in .env.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Poorly written docs. Nowhere is mentioned when you would use "Client credentials flow", which EXACT situations. Waste of time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. it would be useful when grabbing the data of multiple VODs from a channel to have the category included with that data

you can infer the category of a VOD by using filters when fetching multiple VODs but can never be sure

if a streamer streams a new game/category, especially one that may be less common, the category can't really be inferred unless you actively monitor the streams which defeats the point of looking back at the VODs

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. On the following page: https://dev.twitch.tv/console/apps

The date and time is hardcoded as MM/DD/Y, h:mm a and does not reflect the locale chosen, but it is using my local timezone. So despite me having Swedish selected, it for example gives me: "06/05/2023, 03:42 pm" for 5 June 2023 at 15:42 UTC+2.

On the following page: https://dev.twitch.tv/console/extensions

The date and time is using the long format with forced 12 hour time in the local format, but it is using my local timezone. So using Swedish, it for example gives me "5 juni 2023 3:42 em" for 5 June 2023 at 15:42 UTC+2.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Currently the limits for the normal account type allow to check 12.5% strings per minute compared to just sending those via chat to test if they pass automod restrictions. This drops to 2.08% per hour. (This drops to 2.5%/min and 0.42%/hour if the ability to have VIPs is unlocked)

The current rate limit types also seem to assume that larger streams are affiliate and or partners which is not necessarily true as there's game publishers who hold game release streams with easily 50+ viewers while not being partner/affiliate and channels who have decent amounts of viewers but do not stream…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It SUCKS there is so so much helpful information but non of it helps you make an extension just how put one up thats already been made

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Site  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I'm wondering why Twitch play placeholder ads on embed player instead of the usual ads on Twitch platform. There are more ads played on embed player and even then it's just a placeholder so I don't understand what is the point of showing the ads.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Embeds  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?