Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

253 results found

1. Please can we have a Drum and Bass tag for DJs of this genre? It is not House/Trance or Techno and it's so hard to find streamers specifically in this genre.

Many thanks Twitch team.

1,345 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Just like IronMON, Nuzlocke and Shiny Hunting are 2 big parts of the Pokémon community and 2 tags we would very much like to help discoverability with our streams. When looking for these it can be difficult as everyone streams under the most recent game, so everything gets jumbled up and lost. Having these tags to help people find these better would be very useful!

Tags:
    1) Nuzlocke
    2) Shiny Hunting

286 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Went to stream and usually I will use Blind Playthough to note that a game i'm playing for the first time. This does two things, first I personally like to watch people who are experiencing a game for teh first time, and relive the journey i had through them. Second, It lets my audience know that I'm exploring a game at my own pace, and thats part of the journey and for them not to backseat game.

So its weird to me the sudden removal of it, When its probably one of the more useful ones.

207 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would like to see Twitch add tags for more sign languages. Despite what a lot of people believe. ASL (American Sign Language) is not a universal language for Deaf people.

There is BSL (British Sign Language), NZSL (New Zealand Sign Language) and many, many more!

It can be extremely isolating for those that can only communicate via sign language. And with a place like Twitch constantly bringing people together, just think of the spaces that will become available to Deaf people if these tags are made available to them and how much visibility they will receive as a result.

201 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Given the growing number of streamers who use the Esperanto language actively, perhaps it is time for Twitch to provide an Esperanto tag for the benefit of learners and native speakers who wish to identify such streamers quickly.

147 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. This year Twitch has totally gutted me this year for Pride. I am sad not only for myself but other LGBTQIA+ streamers who can not use the Pride 2022 tag to celebrate Pride. The Pride tag this year is only allowed to the chosen few Twitch feels okay with to represent the community. This is wrong, and a clear sign of gate-keeping. Pride is about celebrating ALL, not a select few. I propose that all of us should be allowed to us this tag OR change the name of the tag to 'Pride 2022 Feature'.

Thank you.

128 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Some content creators on twitch are unable to / don't want to use their voice on twitch and opt to use subtitles, chat, and TTS to communicate.

It would be amazing if twitch would create a Mute tag for these creators to help improve the visibility for these streamers and help viewers see what kind of content they are going to be watching so we don't have to put MUTE STREAMER in our titles every time!

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'm an art streamer who carves realistic pumpkin portraiture all year long on foam and organic pumpkins. I also make a lot of other spooky themed art content. However, there are no useful tags that apply to my medium or the style of my work.

The Vibe of the art that I'm creating would fit under a "Spooky", "Halloween" , or even "Dark Art" type of tag. There are a ton of folks on twitch that enjoy playing spooky games and many art/maker and crafting streamers whom could benefit from adding this or similar content description tags.

Thanks for your…

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please create a No Commentary category for viewers who want to watch gameplay that does not feature webcams and mics.

Or create a No Commentary tag that streamers can use so people can search the tag and find the content.

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add more specific tags for science and engineering topics - right now everything counts as engineering, whether you're doing chemistry experiments, raising a colony of animals for study, or designing and building a circuit board. Even broad categories (science demonstration, electronics, biology, chemistry, geology, etc.) could dramatically increase discoverability for these sorts of streaming topics.

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey,

I'm happy to announce that you should be able to describe your stream in your own words with the help of custom tags. Whether you want to discuss metamorphic rocks and plate tectonics, you can add up to ten tags to describe your geology stream, for example. For more information, check out our blog post here.

11. Ace Spec folks deserve representation too!

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey,

I'm happy to announce that you should be able to represent your community and describe your stream in your own words with the help of custom tags (up to ten). For more information, check out our blog post here.

12. Many streamers talk about sexual health with an informative and educational intent to sensitize people to issues that are important for the psychophysical well-being of everyone.

A specific tag would be useful to distinguish this type of content from others that talk about sexuality in a superficial way.

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey,

I'm happy to announce that you should be able to describe your stream in your own words (up to ten tags) with the help of custom tags, in order to help you on your educational journey! For more information, feel free to check out our blog post here.

13. In Music and Live Performance you cannot add a tag with your specific musical instrument, nor can you search the Music and Live Performance area for a specific instrument that you’re interested in seeing performed. I’d love to see Twitch add tags for instruments like drum set, guitar, piano, violin, etc. This will help viewers narrow their searches as well as allow streamers to more easily find others playing the same instrument.

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi there,

With the recent introduction of a new feature, I'm happy to announce that you should be able to add up to ten tags (whether it be guitar or drums, etc.) and describe your stream in your own words with the help of custom tags! For more information, feel free to check out our blog post here.

14. I am a blacksmith and I stream on Twitch (Blacksmith_Pop). When I first got on and looked for more blacksmiths I could not find any but I happened upon an entire community of blacksmiths. I would like to propose a Tag for Blacksmiths,
    It could be Blacksmith , Blacksmiths or Blacksmithing .
    We would greatly appreciate it.

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hello there,

With the recent introduction of a new feature, I'm happy to announce that you should be able to add "Blacksmith" as a tag and describe your stream in your own words with the help of custom tags! For more information, feel free to check out our blog post here.

15. I exclusively stream beadwork and none of the current categories fit my type of craft. "Jewelry" sort of works for beaded medallions and earrings, but not for patches, wall decor and traditional regalia. Because of this, I believe this will be harder for fans of this craft to find relevant streams. Instead, potential viewers will have to find streams by chance or filter through tags until they get lucky. Which is exactly what I did until I finally found other beaders. All of which list their craft under different tags. If not a dedicated beadwork tag, allow streamers to add…

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi there,

With the recent introduction of a new feature, I'm happy to announce that you should be able to add "Beadwork" as a tag and describe your stream in your own words with the help of custom tags! For more information, feel free to check out our blog post here.

16. Add a Bigender tag.

Please add a Bigender tag for individuals who consider themselves to be Bigender. This will help keep twitch inclusive and keep users educated.

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hello!

With the recent introduction of a new feature, we're happy to announce that you should be able to add "Bigender" as a tag and describe your stream in your own words with the help of custom tags. For more information, feel free to check out our blog post here.

17. There are a few of us who Stream Genealogy.... can you make it a tag? It is specific and not a game. Thanks....

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hello!

With the recent introduction of a new feature, we're happy to announce that you should be able to add "Genealogy" as a tag and describe your stream in your own words with the help of custom tags. For more information, feel free to check out our blog post here.

18. 79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  31 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Twitch has added numerous tags for mental health and chronic health conditions, there needs to be an HIV tag added to this.

Stigma around HIV is a huge issue that can only be fought through education and awareness around HIV. It would be hugely helpful to have a tag for creators who are HIV positive to communicate that fact and provide space for others who need support or information.

I am making this rather than voting for the pre-existing user Voice because I very explicitly do not want or think we need a POZ or AIDS tag. In my opinion…

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out about adding an HIV+ tag. With the recent introduction of a new feature, we're happy to announce that you should be able to create a space for yourself and other users in this community with the help of custom tags, as they allow you to describe your stream in your own word. You can add a total of ten tags to your stream. For more information, feel free to check out our blog post here.

20. We are very happy that console tags were implemented. Here is a list of console tags that were missed;

Playstation 1
    Wii U
    Original Xbox
    Playstation Portable
    Panasonic 3DO
    MiSTer FPGA
    ZX Spectrum
    Intellivision
    Amstrad
    Colecovision
    MSX/MSX2
    Sharp x68000
    Apple II
    Macintosh
    Game Boy Advance
    Game Boy Color
    Windows 95
    Windows 98
    Playstation Vita
    Phillips CD-i
    Sega CD
    WonderSwan
    WonderSwan Color
    Turbo Duo
    TurboGrafx-16/ PC Engine
    Atari Jaguar
    Atari 2600/VCS
    Atari Lynx
    PC98
    Neo Geo
    Neo Geo Pocket
    Amstrad CPC
    Amiga CD32

We would also love it if the following tags were revised to be a little more specific.

Tag…

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Danky responded

Hey everyone! Just wanted to pop in and let you all know that you can now add any of the tags listed here to your streams, along with other custom tags (for a total of ten tags). Custom tags allow you to describe your stream in your own words. For more information, check out our blog post: https://blog.twitch.tv/2022/08/01/custom-tags-discovery-on-your-terms/
    Thank you all for the suggestions!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?