Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

253 results found

1. Just like IronMON, Nuzlocke and Shiny Hunting are 2 big parts of the Pokémon community and 2 tags we would very much like to help discoverability with our streams. When looking for these it can be difficult as everyone streams under the most recent game, so everything gets jumbled up and lost. Having these tags to help people find these better would be very useful!

Tags:
    1) Nuzlocke
    2) Shiny Hunting

286 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Stop suggesting Russian streams if you watch Ukrainian ones.

I understand this is how machine learning works, but please special case that, since it’s offending to most Ukrainians.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hello there,

For recommended streams, you can click on the three buttons and indicate that you are "Not Interested" in the content to help the system learn your preferences. Thank you.

3. Please can we have a Drum and Bass tag for DJs of this genre? It is not House/Trance or Techno and it's so hard to find streamers specifically in this genre.

Many thanks Twitch team.

1,345 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. This year Twitch has totally gutted me this year for Pride. I am sad not only for myself but other LGBTQIA+ streamers who can not use the Pride 2022 tag to celebrate Pride. The Pride tag this year is only allowed to the chosen few Twitch feels okay with to represent the community. This is wrong, and a clear sign of gate-keeping. Pride is about celebrating ALL, not a select few. I propose that all of us should be allowed to us this tag OR change the name of the tag to 'Pride 2022 Feature'.

Thank you.

128 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Many streamers talk about sexual health with an informative and educational intent to sensitize people to issues that are important for the psychophysical well-being of everyone.

A specific tag would be useful to distinguish this type of content from others that talk about sexuality in a superficial way.

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey,

I'm happy to announce that you should be able to describe your stream in your own words (up to ten tags) with the help of custom tags, in order to help you on your educational journey! For more information, feel free to check out our blog post here.

6. Hi, is there a way to ignore certain channels/streamers like on youtube I can choose to not recommend/show this channel to me. This is mostly because sometimes certain streamers talk about topics find unpleasant, such as about tiktok and the horrific things they see on there. I would rather not see those streamers in my list so I don't have to think about those negative things they talk about at times. (negative things are like talking about animal abuse etc)

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Sorry it took a while to get to answer you on this. Yes, there is. Click on the "⋮" icon below the channel (you an also do this for categories) and select "Not Interested". This will remove it from your recommendations. If you ever change your mind or make a mistake, you can adjust the channels you have marked to not show in your recommendations by going to your account settings. Thanks.

7. I am a blacksmith and I stream on Twitch (Blacksmith_Pop). When I first got on and looked for more blacksmiths I could not find any but I happened upon an entire community of blacksmiths. I would like to propose a Tag for Blacksmiths,
    It could be Blacksmith , Blacksmiths or Blacksmithing .
    We would greatly appreciate it.

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hello there,

With the recent introduction of a new feature, I'm happy to announce that you should be able to add "Blacksmith" as a tag and describe your stream in your own words with the help of custom tags! For more information, feel free to check out our blog post here.

8. cómo puede aparecer mi canal en el buscador de twitch

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey there,

Apologies for the confusing experience. Have you streamed at least once in the last 365 days? If not, your channel may not be show in the search results.

If you have streamed within the last 365 days, it is possible there is a bug. Please contact Twitch Support.

9. 79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  31 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I created a twitch and will be starting to stream soon - when I had my friends look up my account, they were unable to find my account without using the custom link I sent them... They cannot find my twitch account with the search bar.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Once a you have your first live broadcast, your channel should start showing up in the search bar.

11. the three dots on recommendation re not interested are not there,

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi,

For clarity, you must be browsing categories by "Recommended for You" to be able to select "Not Interested". When you're browsing by views, this option will not be available, as it is based on view counts, not recommendations. Thanks.

12. There are a few of us who Stream Genealogy.... can you make it a tag? It is specific and not a game. Thanks....

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hello!

With the recent introduction of a new feature, we're happy to announce that you should be able to add "Genealogy" as a tag and describe your stream in your own words with the help of custom tags. For more information, feel free to check out our blog post here.

13. It's past time to add the "Data Science" tag on Twitch. The demand for data science is rapidly growing in the job market, and I can imagine there are more viewers now who are interested in Data Science than a few years ago.
    I hear pretty often from viewers in the Chat saying things like "I finally found the Data Science related streamer!!"
    Right now it is harder for those who are interested in Data Science to find Data Science related contents and streamers.
    It's time to add the "Data Science" tag now.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make it easier to block twitch account and also specific games/categories. I'm tired of channels I don't care about showing up in my recommended and having no way to remove them from there. I don't think this message will even by seen by anyone who can do about it. Twitch doesn't care about me as a user. Things are made deliberately difficult to find in an attempt to frustrate the user.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Click on the "⋮" icon below the channel (you an also do this for categories when browsing recommendations on the Front Page or "Recommended for You" filter in the Browse tab) and select "Not Interested". This will remove it from your recommendations. If you ever change your mind or make a mistake, you can adjust the channels you have marked to not show in your recommendations by going to your account settings. Another alternative is using /block chat command and inputting the channel you want to block. Thanks.

15. There isn't a tag that represents the fitness community as a whole. You have Sure, there are "Strength Training" and "Mobility Training" type tags, but these refer to the activity being completed. It would be an incredible way to find other streamers that live a fitness lifestyle with this tag.

Thanks in advance Twitch!

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. You most know why I do not use your site. ADs 10 ads and it most like will glitch and have to reload after about a hr the video might play but ads pay the bill that not why is just some of it. But what make me mad is am from the USA so I speak english I do not need (Recommended) I be on youtube for now.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. hello everyone!

im not a big fan of a new hashtag system but ive seen some good in it too

the thing is not everyone put their languange in their hashtags after the update and its hard to filter tons of streamer in a category just to find the languange that i could understand

i mean, i dont think no one is talking in 10+ languange

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey there,

I would like to clarify some confusion about how language works separate to tags. The stream language chosen by the streamer is independent of the custom tags applied by them. Streams matching your language selections will be suggested to you, provided there are live channels with that language selection. Streamers could add in additional values into the custom tags to help, though. For example, for a streamer who has English selected as their stream language may apply a Spanish tag to indicate they know the language as well, although it's not the primary language of the stream. Alternatively, this can help other users to indicate languages that may not yet exist in the site or stream language options to connect streamers and viewers. Hope that helps. For more information on how language works on Twitch, please check out: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/languages-on-twitch?language=en_US#:~:text=When%20browsing%20on%20Twitch%2C%20you,all%20channels%20regardless%20of%20language. Thanks!

18. cuando busco my cannal no aparece si quieren buscenlo es gatiro_oof

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

If you have not streamed within a year, your channel may not pop up in the search. Once you start a live broadcast, your channel should show up in the search bar.

19. Hello,

I would like for NoPixel to be considered as a tag or category for the Twitch Platform. As a NoPixel content creator, I know that a lion's share of what is housed under the "Grand Theft Auto V" category are people roleplaying on the NoPixel server.

However, with GTA 6 in development and with NoPixel hosting official servers for Rust as well as a Red Dead Redemption 2 server set to launch, I feel like this would greatly increase searchability and discoverability of content creators on the platform.

I am well aware that there are other servers and modding…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I am frustrated that I saw some streamers and content I did not want to see on my discover pages. I want to come on to twitch and have a completely wholesome experience - how do I get all unwholesome and creepy content away and never before my eyes here? I looked at all the settings and only saw the ability for auto moderation in chat. Please help : (

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Click on the "⋮" icon below the channel when browsing recommendations on the Front Page and select "Not Interested". Another alternative is using /block chat command and inputting the channel you want to block. This will remove it from your recommendations. Thanks.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?