Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Why not enable the ability to search for streamers based on their listed, scheduled times? Allow the user to input the days/times they tend to watch streams and then recommend them streamers that best match that scheduling. If they don't select it, you could automate it based on viewing data.

This improves discoverability for streamers and also benefits viewers by making it easier to find people they can reliably watch.

123 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Currently the top views are in the top of the list for followed channels. In categories it is the same way. With disabilities we often can't stream the hours or consistently stream like those that do. So finding a better way to be discovered will help those with accessibility needs. We have a voice but sometimes we are not found due to current set up.

It will also make it safer for other streamers that are not disabled. As many people give out bad advice to just constantly stream such as to not work or sleep. That streaming to be…

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please add a category for Flesh and Blood. It has a growing community. And it would be awesome if it has it's own category, like magic the gathering etc.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Implement a new search system with predefined and/or user defined tags like #lol #csgo #kappa #girlgamer #familyfriendly #twitch etc. It would be nice for a channel to have a handful of tags to identify itself.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow teams to be searched, both by link and current namesake.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hey All! I'm just wondering if anyone agrees with this, and hopefully will become a Site Feature.

Right... Twitch... Please... I'm loving the new changes you've put in Place with the most recent UI... but you're missing one thing.. Searching for titles. As meaningless as it sounds, it'd be a great feature.

For example if i went to twitch now and typed "Horror" in the search bar, only peoples past Vods would come up. Same for if someone went to go search up "[PC]".. wanting to watch a specific Platform.

Someone who's currently live with "Horror" in their title (Which…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Search options like Google, Exact keyword, contains etc.

Also an idea is filters, like platform, time zone, game, country etc.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Currently if you filter your results by language and select multiple languages it will show no results, since a stream can only have one language tag.

Instead it could show all streams that are in any of those languages.

e.g.: A filter with the tags "English", "German", "French", "Playing with viewers" would show All english, german and french streams with the "Playing with viewers" tag.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Okay, so here's something that happens with me and gives me a lot of frustration in my stream.

Scenario 1:

I love to stream some good ol' PS2 games, like Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Onimusha, etc. Those games exist in Twitch Database, so, when I stream them, I put them games on the Category/Game tab. Then, I go for that "tags" section, and add the Retro tag on my stream, because it's an old game.

First issue: This tag will not show my old Prince of Persia stream in the Retro category, BECAUSE my game/category is... Prince of…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. add ability to search by stream title of part of title.
    If i want to search for a mod pack someone is playing and they have put the name in the title, allow me to search for that name in the stream title

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I've joined Raids and I've followed the streamers. Rinse and repeat. Now after months of doing this, I've amassed quite the number of streams followed. The search tab is essentially a new discover tab, and that would be great if i were new to twitch, but Struggling to find channels I've already followed is a major pain and unless I type it in correctly, i'm most likely unable to find the channel I'm looking for especially if they have a fairly long and complicated channel name.

The option I hope to get implemented.
    Followed Channels should be the first things…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The user's language should be one of the suggested filters in the "filter by tags". Currently one has to search all tags and find their language in a large drop-down.

This is for the Android app (not sure how it is implemented on other platforms).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Recently am having alot of trouble finding "live" streams in my search results. I like to search streams on their titles, such as "pc builds" etc. Now most, if not all, my results are user names, and continually having to scroll to find any live stream is tedious.
    Please change the way search functions back to like it was, where I could search for stream titles, not users.
    Thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make clips searchable by keyword. As it is, clips can only be sorted by top views. This is really clunky and inefficient.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be nice to be able to see all active streams based on the categories followed. This would help users discover new streamers in a more organized form than simply using the "Browse" view.

Example:
    • User follows: Retro, Metroid Fusion, and Pikmin categories
    • User navigates to "All streams from followed categories" view
    • User sees a Browse view that only shows streams from Retro, Metroid Fusion, and Pikmin

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Incorporate the ability to narrow down or only display broadly available titles. Searchable by genre as well. (i.e. Horror Broadly Available) AND ability to search by region.

OR, better yet...

Allow titles to play based on STREAMER. Yes, viewers still MUST have prime linked to Twitch, however, viewers should not be blocked from watching a stream because the title is not available in their region. They are still watching a STREAMER'S channel. Watch Parties should be STREAMER based. Eliminate the region locks all together. Viewers are still paying for their prime service and proving that by linking. So Amazon is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add an option to search for VODs of specific streamers.
    One of my favorite streamers has a lot of vods, but in the twitch app it is almost impossible to find them via search.
    Can you implement a channel specific search on the streamers page?
    It is possible on PC but not in the twitch app

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. So I type keywords into the search bar, not looking for specific games but looking for a specific feature that would generally be covered by Tags. To my surprise, nothing. I see a Channel category, a "Categories" category, and a "Previous Stream" Category.

This doesn't help someone who is trying to find people who play games a certain way, or is looking for specific types of Minecraft streamers or something. We need a better search system that will let us search things more specifically.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. For example: When I search for the word "bored" on Twitch, I can see many videos with the word bored in the title, but they are all livestreams that have already ended, the so called Past videos.
    I want to see livestreams that are currently going on with the word "bored" in their title.

I heard this feature used to exist on Twitch. So I'm curious to know why it was removed. I think it is the most basic way to search for livestreams. How can the biggest livestream platform not have it?

I'd really like to have it back…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. As a French Canadian viewer, the interface makes it very difficult to find content from my region. I would recommend creating a filter to narrow down the search. In either the form of a regional tag or a French Canadian tag.

A potential filter could take in account the proximity of the content creator.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?