Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

253 results found

1. Twitchの検索機能をもっと人数の少ない配信者に向けて作ってほしい
    検索機能をいっぱいつけてほしい(国別や新着など)
    あとTOPで表示される配信者を中低配信者にメインを向けてほしい(0人~100人)
    とにかく検索機能がTwitchには乏しいのでニコニコ動画、生放送を参考に作ってほしいくらいです。

Admin audit: Create search filters that would offer more consideration for smaller streamers and narrow down streams by additional aspects (such as country or newer streamers, for example).
    Also, I want you to feature more streamers with mid-low number of viewers (0 ~100 people) on the front page carousel.
    Anyway, since the search filters are limited on Twitch, I think it would help to bring more parity to those available for Nico Nico Douga.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Thanks for submitting your idea; however, it seems that there are multiple suggestions in this one idea that would make it difficult to determine which part of it others users might be voting for, so we ask that you please resubmit the various suggestions as different ideas. If I misunderstood and these suggestions are all in regard to filtering streams on the front page, please let me know. I have attached an admin audit to the idea of what I was able to determine from your description. Thank you so much.

2. We are very happy that console tags were implemented. Here is a list of console tags that were missed;

Playstation 1
    Wii U
    Original Xbox
    Playstation Portable
    Panasonic 3DO
    MiSTer FPGA
    ZX Spectrum
    Intellivision
    Amstrad
    Colecovision
    MSX/MSX2
    Sharp x68000
    Apple II
    Macintosh
    Game Boy Advance
    Game Boy Color
    Windows 95
    Windows 98
    Playstation Vita
    Phillips CD-i
    Sega CD
    WonderSwan
    WonderSwan Color
    Turbo Duo
    TurboGrafx-16/ PC Engine
    Atari Jaguar
    Atari 2600/VCS
    Atari Lynx
    PC98
    Neo Geo
    Neo Geo Pocket
    Amstrad CPC
    Amiga CD32

We would also love it if the following tags were revised to be a little more specific.

Tag…

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Danky responded

Hey everyone! Just wanted to pop in and let you all know that you can now add any of the tags listed here to your streams, along with other custom tags (for a total of ten tags). Custom tags allow you to describe your stream in your own words. For more information, check out our blog post: https://blog.twitch.tv/2022/08/01/custom-tags-discovery-on-your-terms/
    Thank you all for the suggestions!

3. SPACE X Video de personas viajando a otros planetas en directo desde la plataforma !! !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When doing development (Software and Game Dev category), sometimes you want to let your viewers know that the project you are working on is an Open-Source project (whether you are helping a project, or you are the main maintainer of the project). A "FOSS" or "Open-Source" tag would be great for this.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I used to use 'not interesting' functionality to filter the channels those I dont like, but it's unavailable anymore at the moment, so what is happening?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There is no current way within Twitch to grow your channel. Been here for years and this is by far the biggest setback that Twitch has. Without an implementation of discovery, this platform is bound to become irrelevant for the increasingly alienated small streamers. There is no real incentive to steam on Twitch. There is zero opportunity for growth with the current business model. Fix needed a decade ago.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Please add some examples of how you could envision this being addressed. Thank you.

7. Twitch has added numerous tags for mental health and chronic health conditions, there needs to be an HIV tag added to this.

Stigma around HIV is a huge issue that can only be fought through education and awareness around HIV. It would be hugely helpful to have a tag for creators who are HIV positive to communicate that fact and provide space for others who need support or information.

I am making this rather than voting for the pre-existing user Voice because I very explicitly do not want or think we need a POZ or AIDS tag. In my opinion…

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out about adding an HIV+ tag. With the recent introduction of a new feature, we're happy to announce that you should be able to create a space for yourself and other users in this community with the help of custom tags, as they allow you to describe your stream in your own word. You can add a total of ten tags to your stream. For more information, feel free to check out our blog post here.

8. Deberían poder permitir que EN SERIO uno pueda bloquear cuentas que no le interesan seguir.
    Supuestamente buscando el perfil y en los tres puntos, se debería poder hacer, pero sólo tienen dos botones de "Denunciar"
    Y no me interesa denunciar, sólo NO QUIERO ESTAR VIENDO PENDEJOS en las sugerencias.

Admin audit: Removed PII mentioning other user

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi there,

Click on the "⋮" icon below the channel and select "Not interested". This will remove it from your recommendations. Thanks.

9. Phoenix Streaming Group nasce come idea di raccolta nuovi talenti nello streaming, persone che hanno un forte obbiettivo di crescita e portano contenuti richiesti dalla comunità. L'obbiettivo dei Phoenix Streaming Group è quello di scovare e classificare i migliori talenti nel mondo e portarli in un unico gruppo, dove persone gentili, corrette e disponibili, offrono servizio con il sorriso h24, 7/7. Qualunque sia l'esito, grazie per aver valutato l'idea, cordiali saluti da Gamer91X_DPCM , Weilergamer , FabiomontanaTV.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I was checking if my stream would show up as live under the Oldschool RuneScape section and whenever I switched from "Low to high" or "High to low" viewer count sometimes my channel wouldn't even show up in there, I checked so many times and it switched at times, one time I wouldn't show up from High to low, other times from Low to high, idk if it's a bug and if u can figure out what is doing that, but yeah.. I think it is kind of the point to be in there right rather then to not be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey there,

Please reach out to our support team to investigate why your stream might not be showing in the directory. Thank you.

11. it would be nice to add a specific category for people who stream outside their homes, to differentiate from the people who stay at their homes just talking to their chat, because currently they have to use the same category which is "Just Chatting". And they are two very different stream types to be using the same category.
    some names that I would recommend would be, the boring one just "Outside", the intresting one "In The Wild", or my favorite one "Touching Grass".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

There is a "Travel & Outdoors" categories. This should address this request. Thank you.

12. Why i cant say i want not this suggested Game/Channel/Language? Support say there are ... and you can do this but there istn a way for me.

I get alsways english channel, i want only german languages. It complete nervese me - > Ther is no ... (The only ... are in Channels itselfs for reporting stuff)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey there,

You need to click on the three dots by a video and choose "Not Interested". Another alternative is using /block command on a channel. This will keep it from showing in your recommendations, as well.

13. Given the growing number of streamers who use the Esperanto language actively, perhaps it is time for Twitch to provide an Esperanto tag for the benefit of learners and native speakers who wish to identify such streamers quickly.

147 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would like to see Twitch add tags for more sign languages. Despite what a lot of people believe. ASL (American Sign Language) is not a universal language for Deaf people.

There is BSL (British Sign Language), NZSL (New Zealand Sign Language) and many, many more!

It can be extremely isolating for those that can only communicate via sign language. And with a place like Twitch constantly bringing people together, just think of the spaces that will become available to Deaf people if these tags are made available to them and how much visibility they will receive as a result.

201 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. You need to get rid get tags. We as humans don't deserve tags, you need pertain the other side of tags, and something we don't deserve, so get rid of them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When browsing a game category, please show all live channels that are streaming that game. However the filter works currently is not ideal because it does not show all live channels for that game, only some. If there are "too many" please ad a "next page" button. Do not limit what we can see based on factors we did not decide on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

When browsing by game category, the list should display all live channels. There is somewhat of an infinite scroll mechanism, so you keep going down the page, and more channels will pop up. You can also sort results by "

Recommended For You,

Viewers (High to Low),

Viewers (Low to High), or

Recently Started".

17. Custom tags are nice but it's really bad for discovery if I type lgbt in the search bar and find no tags unless the tag is exactly "lgbt", same with literally any other text string, like "they" could return "TheyThem" but also "SheThey", "Playthrough" could return "FirstPlaythrough", "ChallengePlaythrough", "CasualPlaythrough"

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi,

We've implemented custom tag suggestions which (1) reduce the chances of manual errors made by streamers when adding tags to their stream info and (2) allow viewers to more-intuitively explore existing tags to find content relevant to their interests! We hope this addition addresses your concerns. Please feel free to provide us with feedback (https://link.twitch.tv/CustomTagsFeedbackUV), so that we can continue improving the ability for streamers and their communities to connect!

18. It's no longer possible to search streams with "platformer", you can search the game categories and then look at all the streams within that category, but you can't look at all the streams of all the "platformer" categories. Same for any genre, this is very very bad for discovery and actually a severe step backwards, I would argue more backwards than custom tags bring us forwards

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi,

We have launched custom tag suggestions. Suggestions for custom tags (1) reduce the chances of manual errors made by streamers when adding tags to their stream info and (2) allow viewers to more-intuitively explore existing tags to find content relevant to their interests! We hope this will help address your concerns regarding being able to search through all streams etc. Please feel free to provide us with feedback (https://link.twitch.tv/CustomTagsFeedbackUV), so that we can continue improving the ability for streamers and their communities to connect!

19. People get confused as heck when you have two perceived language tags on i.e. English and German, but you're just trying to showcase that you're streaming in English but you are German.

Maybe put nationality in brackets after the nationality tag?

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Some content creators on twitch are unable to / don't want to use their voice on twitch and opt to use subtitles, chat, and TTS to communicate.

It would be amazing if twitch would create a Mute tag for these creators to help improve the visibility for these streamers and help viewers see what kind of content they are going to be watching so we don't have to put MUTE STREAMER in our titles every time!

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?