Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

183 results found

1. When one user is streaming live with friends, and they have their friend Twitch names tagged in the same video, it should be shown on those tagged streamers' videos across each tagged user's channel and other channels. If a fellow streamer is tagged in a stream, their channel should also automatically go live.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. j ai un probleme avec l encodeur ducoup je peux pas regarder un stream plus de 5 min avant que sa bug

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have tested this bug thoroughly across many Xbox Consoles; If a live stream has a screen resolution of 1156p or 1440p, the app will immediately freeze and crash to the Home Screen for the Xbox Console.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. There are many users like myself that have multiple monitors. My primary monitor utilizes HDR while my secondary monitors both do not. Twitch will auto-enable HDR site viewing even though I open the page on a monitor without the HDR ability simply because my primary monitor does have HDR enabled. This makes the site unviewable on either of my satellite monitors and after hours of testing, is found to be limited to Twitch itself. Other websites are able to switch between this without issue but due to various issues with the twitch website itself this feature doesn't seem to exist…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. For people with bad internet, I would like these users to be able to see the affiliate streams at a lower resolution or at least 30 fps, that way apart from helping people with bad connection it also helps the streamer to be known without that quality barrier.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. so ive been streaming from my home wifi and its not pretty good even if i conenct to singapore or australia and since they get their own server why not indonesia doesnt get a chance to get one to? it will 100% helps indonesian streamer with bad wifi like me and others

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Vivo en una zona rural y las compañías restringen mi acceso a plataformas como la suya en las que soy usuario, mediante la limitación de datos por consumos que ellos consideran indebidos. Comprar juegos, ver series en Amazon prime, consumir Twitch, es para las compañías de mi país un uso indebido de la red. Sería importante su apoyo en nuestra relación con las operadoras, que entiendan la realidad del consumo de datos de un usuario medio que consume todos estos datos legalmente y muchas veces pagando por es contenido.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make the adaptive bitrate streaming work such that non focused players reduce the stream to audio only.
    For mobile applications which are SPAs this would translate into background (that is not picture-in-picture) and foreground (or picture-in-picture)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I've been streaming for a year now, and still don't know what settings I'm able to use as someone that isn't affiliated. Can I stream at 1080p, or will it not downscale? etc. Once I get affiliated does anything change? or do I have to wait until I'm a partner? It's really vague and ur current setting site just doesn't help.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Guys during livestreams there are often bandwidth issues, so basically you have to accept really ****** quality & interrupts to stay live. For some events though I totally would not mind being 10 minute delayed or so in order to have the stream preloaded and available in good quality and sacrificing real time. Such a feature would be great. Also when rewatching videos - the download should continue when the pause button is pressed or should not reload when you jump back in time - it is a pitty that you can't really watch high quality videos, because the player…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. This is already a feature on Chrome but I don't see it working on Firefox.

On Chrome, when you have a stream playing in another tab and that tab is not focused for some time, the video quality is automatically reduced to save bandwidth and when you go back to the stream tab, the quality goes back to normal.

This doesn't happen on Firefox though. It might be a browser limitation but it would be great if the Twitch folks took a look at this.

Firefox users deserve dynamic quality switch too :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The video quality other than the (Source), the quality is really bad.

The source is: (720p 60fps) avc1.640020,mp4a.40. than is really good
    If I switch to (720p 60fps) (Non Source) avc1.4D401F,mp4a.40.2 the quality is really bad and the same for others

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add all presets for nvenc encoding. for example max quality encoding on Nvidia NVENC. Would be nice.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would be happy in the future if the server capacity in Berlin, Kiel, Bremen, Rostock and Hamburg is increased, as there are increasing problems with the video output of the streams!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Nach viel ausprobieren habe ich endlich die Lösung gefunden, Codec von AMD kommt bei Twitch mit 60 FPS es nicht klar somit überlastet die Software und man kann nicht mehr Streamen, also lieber auf 30 FPS oder gleich x264 Codec verwendet. Also, wenn ihr auch dieses Problem habt, hoffe konnte euch helfen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. this has been ongoing since i joined and streamed on twitch, the servers need to be vastly improved on website, every stream i watch or try to stream to platform keeps lagging/crashing and auto tunes to 160p. i keep getting random errors ranging from unable to decod or not available on browser. i have tried many browsers and this happens on all. microsoft edge it the worst.

this is riduculus that this has not been addressed for so long.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. t uses up so much of my WiFi to stream so it would be nice if it didn't use it up so much, thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I know we already have a few servers in Germany, but wouldn't it be better to have another server in Hamburg to provide an alternative server for Denmark, as the servers are a bit far away from Norway and Sweden, then I think we have a good server structure in Germany to provide an alternative for other countries.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I think that a good function would be to set the quality of the stream watched on the Twitch.pl website, as is the solution on the Twitch application. A good idea would be an application for a lubricant.TV Samsung

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. my stream is dropping out so bad I had 30%dropped frames on an 1 hr and a half section of my stream last night the 1st 5 hrs were great then I got disconnected 3 times and the 30% issue only to log into yet another bitrate drop fest tonight!!!! how do I grow my new channel if its so jittery no one will watch????

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?