Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

180 results found

1. For a lot of non-gaming content the doubling of bandwidth/vod size just isnt necessary, its the most economical way to stream or save broadcasts in a still acceptable quality. Removing it as an option while keeping 360 and 480 doesnt make sense (166 at least serves a purpose as a quasi-audio only option)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Your video player spikes my cpu useage every few seconds while desktop is idle. I have an i5 9600k and that should be more than enough. Browsers already have a use hardware acceleration where available option. You could default yours to hw acc off if you wanted to, but please give us the option to be able to change this setting or let the browser setting switch it. Thank you.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Streaming in high framerate(120fps) increases the quality of the gameplay
    (alot when it is fast paced, such as shooter games) but requires a monitor of similar refresh rate(144hz) and good internet to view without lag(its amazingly smooth and so worth it).

However not everyone(vast majority) has these requirements and when streaming with these settings it is always the first option(source or highest quality). Thus a lot of people will get a laggy stream and are probably not aware that they have to lower the resolution to view uninterrupted(thats why big streamers dont do this because a lot of people lag…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. After a network disruption from another bandwidth-intensive application,(s) please allow the error #2000 message to retain the video's progress via cookie when logged-out.

I have concerns about open sessions of my accounts on multiple domains where my active sessions are not displayed and able to be manually closed. (Google, Twitter, Instagram, and Microsoft all display active session history)

Thank you for your consideration.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. id like to see when transcoding is available for affiliates

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It is confusing and unclear for users that hot keys in twitch player only work with english layout. Please make it layout independent.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I can't speak for everyone, but 160p is by far the worst looking, and sounding, quality. For those with terrible internet speeds, that's fine, but I'm totally fine with my video 30 seconds behind the streamer over this terrible quality that's coming in regardless of what quality I put it at (as it automatically downgrades to 160p if it can't handle it, heavens forbid we put you 15 seconds behind the streamer). I just want the ability to tell twitch on my side, once and for all, NO 160P QUALITY FOR ME.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. the x265 encoder is barely mainstream right now, it doubles the quality at half the cost. it would be nice to cut the bitrate value in half while maintaining the same quality, making streams much easier to watch, especially for those who have slow internet, and especially for those who don't get quality options.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I want to save some traffic, when watching streams on a background, but stream unexpectedly change the resolution from 160p to 1080p60 on regular and low latency modes. It looks like a bug because when I open the tab again it changes the resolution back to 160p.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Been going on forever Twitch on Apple TV all vod just randomly go black press pause and play and fixes it for a random amount of time.....

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I used to stream from an affiliate account before and used to get all the resolution change options for my streams. Now I am using a new twitch account to stream, while I am using same streaming options on OBS as before, my viewers don't get the resolution change on current streams. It's always 1080p and it's driving viewers away due to lag issues.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. you're teaching people how to do twitch but you're not teaching them how to act write perform or what the quality of a unique niche is or what the difference of value between videos is or a history breakdown of styles and where we are now and where entertainment is going. art theory music theory entertainment theory and acting theory and what appeals to certain people as well as what is a genre and why it means something to the people it does and the basic understanding of finding what it is they really want to make. basically understanding the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Buenas tardes, les escribo porque estoy teniendo problemas para subir un vídeo a Twitch (es un directo que he guardado y que necesito mantenerlo en el canal).
    El caso, es que al llegar al 100% de subida, me salta el siguiente mensaje: "error de carga: Video could not successfully be created." y en caso de que haya llegado a subirse, tampoco me deja publicarlo indicándome que no se ha podido guardar lo editado.

¿Es normal? Ya van varias veces que intento subir estos vídeos y me es imposible

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Agradecería que arreglaran esto, por qué no es la primera vez que pasa, antes me iba bien, agradecería que me respondan, una abrazo <3

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I must echo the ideas asking that you optimize your streaming. Reporting playback issues through the player is not sufficient because in all the years since the issues have seemingly gotten worse. It feels like a bandaid solution that gives users an avenue to think that something's being done when it isn't.

My previous PC was starting to show its age, but was no slouch. i5 4590, R9 290X, 16GB DDR3 at 1600mhz. It ran DOOM Eternal at around 100fps on high settings. But Twitch streams? Constant hanging, constantly needing to refresh. Adblocking was a necessity for watching streams because…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I have both a Shield TV and Apple TV, the experience is the same… I can start a stream and select 1080p for example. If I pause it then resume, or fast forward and resume, or rewind and resume, the resolution automatically switches to Auto.

This is awful and very annoying as a consumer. It’s bad enough I have to change from the awful Auto setting at the start of every stream, but the fact that any action I take reverts it is just bad design. Please address this so the resolution setting is persistent.

Thank you

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. While watching a streamer on twitch, if I open a youtube video on another tab twitch stream shows Error #3000

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Streams that are in 1440p resolution doesn't have option to select 1080p quality.

This affect devices with 1080p resolution because they have left with 720p as max resolution to watch.

It would very nice if there is 1080p quality for 1440p streams

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. South Korea's Twitch community has seen rates on Amazon Web Services' IVS reduced by up to 50% since August 1, 2023. And
    Users in Korea will not be able to create and upload new VOD content, which will likely reduce network rates.

Since live channels in Korea have decreased a lot compared to last year, I think the network fee has decreased compared to last year.

Please increase the display advertisement to 60 seconds instead of 30 seconds by adopting it as an interim advertisement

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. izleyici olarak tüm yayınlarda video kalitesini seçerken fps 720p ve üstü için 30 fps seçeneği bulunması gerekiyor internetimiz yetersiz kalıyor.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Ve seyrettiğimiz yayınlarda yayıncı, oyun, müzik ve discord seslerinin kontrolünü yapabilmemiz izlemeyi kolaylaştıracak çünkü herkesin sistemi aynı olmadığından seyretmeyi zorlaştırıyor.
    yayıncının sesini bastıran müzik oyun ve discord gürültüsü rahatsız edici

As a viewer, when choosing the video quality in all broadcasts, there should be a 30 fps option for fps 720p and above, our internet is insufficient.

And being able to control the broadcaster, game, music and discord sounds in the broadcasts we watch will…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?