Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. With as common as different aspect ratios are getting, it'd be nice if ratios other than 16:9 were supported by the player on the site. This would let the growing number of ultrawide screens have more utilization.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Playback Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Give viewers an option to change what resolution they watch a stream on EVERY channel, someone that is forced to watch a stream at 1080p but keeps buffering will go watch a channel that allows them to watch the stream at lower resolutions,(Which only partners channels can) bigger streamers will grow but smaller streamers lose viewership and will grow at a slower rate

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. twitch should have india servers without them the live stream buffer and twitch should invite streamers so they can attract india's audience

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hi, it's about time to move forward, i can see we have the ability to stream in 1440p but we can't increase the bitrate. Solution: AV1 encoding or please increase the bitrate for 1440p streams, thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. hices varios streams pero ni uno se me ha guardado necesito saber como recupero mis videos de stream

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I think it's stupid to not give everybody the possibility to choose which video quality have to watch his/her favourite streamer.
    Best regards,
    Tibermlg

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. make it so i can set the quality of all the streams i watch to 480p so it doesnt load as much or add the ability to go back in the stream like a minute so it doesnt load as much, because i have bad wifi (like many others) and i dont like how it loads then skips back to live

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I use auto host when i am not streaming, however when i got live the host remains... which is fine. however last night (at this point) when the person i was hosting ended for the night it ended my stream as well... which caused a loss of stream to be seen by 5.5 hours. that is insane! Granted i hadn't noticed until i had gone back. how do you expect newer streamers to be aware of this "broken hosting system". Please either put in your KB's that Twitch can't handle the demand of that and for it to not kill…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bonjour,

Je suis un petit streamer et une question revient en boucle de la part de ma communauté, pourquoi je ne peut pas changer la qualité de ton stream ?

Certaines personnes, malheureusement, non pas accès au haut débit et sont bloquées sur du 1080p et ne peuvent donc pas regardé mon stream car la qualité est trop forte.

Ceci représente une difficulté supplémentaire pour la visibilité des petits streamers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. As we all know by know the recent bunnyhop incident showed, that the way this feature is offered today might actually lead to ways of URL grabbing and harvesting.

The way it is designed today makes it easy to replace it and harvest many streams as content.

"<!-- Add a placeholder for the Twitch embed -->
    <div id="twitch-embed"></div>

<!-- Load the Twitch embed script -->
    <script src="https://player.twitch.tv/js/embed/v1.js"></script>

<!-- Create a Twitch.Player object. This will render within the placeholder div -->
    <script type="text/javascript">
    new Twitch.Player("twitch-embed", {

channel: &quot;itmkoeln&quot; 

});
    </script>"

Even if that gets moved in the dashboard instead…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Twitch VOD playback fails frequently and inconsistently. Sometimes I can reload and continue in progress, other times it returns me to the beginning of the stream. I don't have this issue with any other streaming platform including Prime Video, YouTube, Netflix, Peacock, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Twitch video seems to be decoding on my 3D cores and video decode consecutively. AMD Radeon VII. This is a problem beginning in the middle part of this year 2020. While playing Scar Citizen load seems to begin shifting between the 3D cores and video decode. Video decode should never touch my 3D cores or I should have an option in my settings to set stream decoding to "Video decode only!" Performance was perfect before now streams are prone to studders and freezing when my GPU is under heavy load.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support resolution up to 4k 2160p and release bitrate limit
    and support vp9 av1 codec

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. t uses up so much of my WiFi to stream so it would be nice if it didn't use it up so much, thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 畫面不是最大化

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The streams don’t fit to the screens on an I phone X, I recently watched Shroud play Apex squad and it cut half of the names out due to his stream not fitting the screen properly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When I download a highlighted clip, the video quality is soooooooooo bad. It would be nice to either present us with a few quality options before downloading (Low/Med/High) or just always "prepare" and download a High quality version of the video. In my opinion 9 times out of 10 we're downloading these to perform further edits on them, and it would be great to do so using a high quality source, with the least amount of compression possible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I made a highlight that was about an hour long with the intention of downloading it, editing it and uploading to youtube.

That was 2 weeks ago.

It is still processing now the stream is gone and i can't go back and redo it. I've made one from a different stream and it finished fine. i don't know whats wrong with this one.

Can you please fix the highlight so I don't lose the content and hours of work?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?