Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

558 results found

1. There needs to be an option to choose what powers moderators get. Training a new mod? give them only the ability to delete messages and give timeouts. One of your mods bans people too easily? Take away their ability to ban people. This needs to be more granular.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  2. Problem (background):
    I have for some reason (and unbeknownst for me) been singled out for this forcing of phone number verification. None of my friends have this issue and I have no idea why my account was chosen for it. I've had my account for a couple of years without any problems, I have never done anything bad - on the contrary, I'm one of these persons people really like seeing in chat because I constantly hear "you bring such a good and positive vibe", "you're important to our community" and other comments like that.
    With this Twitch is forcing…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Mods can flag a Suspicious user on chat, but the streamer can only see "Username flagged as Suspicious by Badiiin" for example.

it would be way more useful if the streamer could see the reason why I flagged the user. Writen by the moderator himself.

Example:

"Username flagged as Suspicious by Badiin, reason: Account created just a minute before the follow"

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Right now i can't chat on any twitch cause its asking for me to enter a mobile number. and despite my repeated attempts at getting SOMEONE to disable this stupid targeting on my accounts, nobody is listening. And no I'm not giving my mobile number. u have my verified email and i shouldn't be scrutinized to enter a mobile number. If you need mobile numbers on my account then i'm not using twitch period. and unsubbing from everything and moving to another platform. the fact you single me out for using twitch-tools.de and a vpn shows you don't care about…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Treat similar looking character as identical when checking blocked words to prevent automod evasion.

So if the word "Apple" is blocked, the word "Àṗṗĺĕ" would be blocked too.

Blocking every variation of a word would literally take 76 days at 100 terms per 30 seconds (rate limit by Twitch). This is for obvious reasons not a solution. And the current moderation tools are thus obviously insufficiant.

https://twitter.com/thomsimonson/status/1429472208506822659

This feature request is in response to the ongoing hate-raids mainly targeted at LGBTQIA+ people

twitchdobetter

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  6. Make users use bits to send unban request, and giving the streamer the option to select the custom amount of bits.

So even if the streamer denies the appeal, they still keep the bits.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When "/user" lookup we can have Messages, Timeouts, Bans, Mod Comments,

It would be helpful to see the other places that potential chatter has been banned in other places to warn the other mods of a potential risk.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  8. Make the list of banned users visible to all moderators and not just the streamer

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  9. Many streamers have added personal information as a blocked term, and have since removed it. All this private information is shown to all of their moderators. Hence allowing every moderator to know more than they should. Yes there is a way to make a blocked term private, but deleting these terms still shows the blocked terms to all moderators, new and old.

There should be a way for the streamer to hide these actions from the moderators, or have a way to delete them. If people don't want the action to be seen as if it didn't happen, then allow…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  10. After a certain amount of time (seems random at this point), certain heavily used emotes will disappear out of the channel emotes section.

The only way I know how to fix it is to refresh the entire page. Obviously being a mod I could miss bad actors, so I end up duplicating the tab to be safe.

I know this bug affects other moderators as well, so it isn't just limited to my system.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  11. When mod view was first released, raids did not pull a moderator out of mod view.

While the user could choose to leave the raid, it may be best if the default behaviour was to not leave the current channel when a raid occurs while the user has mod view up as a moderator for the channel.

By carrying the moderator away with the raid, they lose chat and history from closing mod view, as well as any actions they had not completed. As mod view does not retain much information asynchronously (this has improved a bit), being pulled out…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  12. I think twitch has to improve the way new accounts are created. Recently in a chat I moderate there was a guy creating accounts with the username composed with the streamer's name followed by an insult and despite being banned every single time, he keep creating new accounts every 5 minutes. It's ridiculous that twitch account creation system doesn't prevent that behavior from happening.
    Also, after reporting every account one by one, they only removed one of them (the third one), and not the original account nor de subsequent accounts.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Moderators or streamers have a "report" button that notifies twitch staff of a viewbot or followbot attack and it can ping a staff member to come and watch the channel to see the attack in action so that the attacker cannot report the channel for viewbotting/following.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Inspired by a real life incident today having to ban a person for calling the streamer a 'dirty wh**e' in French, moderators having to do the extra leg work to translate languages they don't speak on a third party website to curb abuse could be massively simplified by having an option baked into the system to detect language and offer a translation as required would make for an excellent tool to keep our communities safer.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Editors on a channel can edit title, tags and a few other things but can't turn on/off the branded content option, think that it would be nice to have that feature be available to Editors to help the streamer so they can focus on games or whatever they are doing and just have to tell a editor to turn it on/off.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Give moderators the ability to temporarily suspend the ability for new viewers/chatters to follow the stream. This would be a useful feature for when followbots and/or hate raids attack a channel, the mods could put /followsoff (or similar) in chat to make the follow button unavailable for that stream. This would prevent mass followbots, prevent hate raiders from following, and prevent the painful process of streamers having to break away from their content and deal with turning off alerts and other mitigation measures. The mods could then use /followson (or similar) to reactivate follows. (There could be a "default" where…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I can go into my personal channel bio and I should be able to type words like “gay” but I can’t. It doesn’t let me save it and it says it’s a banned word. I can type the word “straight.” I don’t see why I can’t type “gay.”

I get not wanting profanity in a channel bio. That’s fine, but it is 2023 and we should not be putting the word “gay” on a banned words list. A lot of creators on Twitch aim to create a safe and accepting environment and community for everyone, and while the platform is…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  18. Your changes to mod view makes no sense.
    • Stream looks smaller
    • You made a huge top bar to display the stream session time. Not even 30% of the bar is used. It's sole purpose is to make the stream smaller.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. "I want to bring a requirement for an account to become a channel moderator.

• Requirement: minimum account creation time, for example, for someone to be able to add someone as a moderator on your channel, the account must be at least 7 days old, or even, you must follow the channel for 7 days if you want to be one moderator of this channel.

Every day there are people (with the account created on the same day and using VPN for sure) convincing new streamers to be moderators of their channel, and thus manage to trick the streamer and ban…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The website https://www.twitch.tv/moderator/ is useful, but it is limited to 100 channels and randomly. I can see 100 channels there, ok, but several other channels like that are not there. For example, now three partner channels are online and they don't appear there for me, some with partner and without are there at the same time. I don't know the requirements to go there, but there are channels that have been online for more than 2 hours and are not in the middle or at the top of the list. It doesn't appear anywhere.
    The moderation tool in the moderator…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?