Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

561 results found

1. The website https://www.twitch.tv/moderator/ is useful, but it is limited to 100 channels and randomly. I can see 100 channels there, ok, but several other channels like that are not there. For example, now three partner channels are online and they don't appear there for me, some with partner and without are there at the same time. I don't know the requirements to go there, but there are channels that have been online for more than 2 hours and are not in the middle or at the top of the list. It doesn't appear anywhere.
    The moderation tool in the moderator…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  2. Moderators are important individuals on Twitch who dedicate a significant amount of time voluntarily to maintain a clean environment. They play a crucial role in supporting streamers and fostering the formation of communities.
    Will there be a possibility in the future for communities to support moderators? Or is this something that is not considered by Twitch?

I am active in several communities and know that the viewers would always like to send something to the moderators as a thank you. Currently we have to run all this via third parties or streamers forward the bits to the moderators, for example.…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. Stop not allowing VOIP numbers. SMS verification can easily be performed with VOIP. Twitch is attempting to farm unneeded information by tying a form of account verification to having and providing a phone number that corresponds with a large telecommunications company. Not only is this incredibly invasive and not at all conscientious, it also serves as a financial barrier to those who are unable, or unwilling to get a normal phone number. Not everyone needs to pay the unneeded money to ATT or a similar corporation. VOIP numbers work just fine. Adding insult to injury, is that you can even…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I feel like adding a confirmation message/button when enabling Shield Mode, there is too many "miss clicks" it's too close to other buttons, as suggested before.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shield Mode  ·  Admin →
  5. Shield Mode should have a setting to not allow "day old, week old" accounts to follow. These accounts are usually made for bot follows or to overstep bans/timeouts. Same with Bot follows.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shield Mode  ·  Admin →
  6. it will be better if moderators can delete their own message on the chat.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  7. There are some terms that you just DON'T WANT in your chat, so you block them, but then a mod could come in and still use it...
    My suggestion is that something like a checkbox or a dropdown is added to the Blocked Terms manager that denotes whether mods, vips, subs, etc can use a blocked term.

For example, you may be ok with only mods being able to use the F word, but you REALLY don't want ANYONE to use the C, N or R words, not even mods.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  8. There is already a suggestion to ban the word r*tard. I'd like to expand on that suggestion, however. Thinking objectively, there are many words and phrases that are technically against TOS for the same reason, yet they are still commonly used.

I am NOT insisting that all these words and phrases be barred from use. I am saying their regulation should be considered. Either that or their use should be explicitly permitted in TOS. The current situation does nothing to protect the streamers who could, at Twitch's discretion, be punished for using these words and it does nothing to protect…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  9. Enabling the ability for streamers to upload/download lists of banned terms via .csv or text files would:

1. Allow streamers to easily add banned terms to their list, as currently, the only way to add banned terms is to type them in one by one.

2. Allow communities of streamers to share their list banned terms with each other to create a more comprehensive list of banned terms specific to that community

3. Allow streamers to edit their banned terms in a more flexible format

Altogether, it would allow for much more flexibility and less headache with banned terms.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  10. Since the mod view is generally a small player it would be nice to add a panel style extension to the mod view which can be dragged and dropped on to the mod view.

This would allow mods to use third party tools without having to open another browser tab. They can stay focused on chat and moderating without switching back and forth.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. For quite some time, I've been a mod of a channel that has been receiving harassment from people, they arrive with fake accounts (wich nicknames are obviously written to disturb the chat) and follow the channel for their name to be noticed, and it's no use to ban these accounts if they keep coming with new fresh-made fake/bot accounts.

If they are banned they can keep watching the stream and follow the channel which is kind of useless. A way to prevent these people to return needs to be worked.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  12. Looking that most of the times can happen that arrives foreign spect, setting a main language of the channel(for example italian), the mod view could be integrated the chance to translate the message, example english, chinese, japanese, russian or others ensure that to delete offensive messages received.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  13. Hello! I'm relatively new to streaming. I've had fun using the platform and I look forward to continuing to grow my channel and meet new users. However, one of my friends and I have been running into an issue with streaming Jackbox Party Games.

We want people to be involved and play with us, but we are running into issues with trying to ban users that use vulgar language and racial slurs. While we can ban them if they are logged into their account, we can't keep them off of the stream and being able to participate if they just…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please add a "Create Clip" - button to mod view. Mods also like to create clips.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I think it would be nice if there was a way to have a log (or even just a count) of how many users you have banned (as a moderator in a channel)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Currently, when the Streamer starts "Watch Party mode", Moderator View does not update/adjust for the Watch Party view: WP content as source, Streamer Webcam on top of chat.

I'm unsure if Mod View was overlooked or if this is a bug. It really breaks the experience as an actively participating moderator. Please change Mod View to automatically adjust to "Watch Party" mode when the streamer starts a Watch Party.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Now the maximum number of ban counting is limited by 99, which is represented when the room manger click a user's nickname. Could you increase the maximum representing number to 999 like messages.
    In some rooms where i am usually watching, we play with the number by treating like levels. But, anyone who want to increase the number reaches the maximum so easily. So, we want to increase the maximum number.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. userid and userlogin tags for IRC notices would help with further programatic actions instead of replying on parsing the display name from the notice. Parsing a display name does not always work to retrieve user information (e.g. when in Korean).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow a Mod on Mobile to make predictions and polls. Right now all you can do is join in but if no other mod is on the computer and the streamer needs assistance with the predictions mods on their mobiles can not help at all.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  20. I'm a moderator for a former Air Force vet. Today he was getting followed by multiple names that were celebrating/promoting veteran suicide. This really affected him, and I wish there was a way for automod to ban a follower instantly with certain words in their name.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
1 2 8 10 12 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?