Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

40 results found

1. Moderators are important individuals on Twitch who dedicate a significant amount of time voluntarily to maintain a clean environment. They play a crucial role in supporting streamers and fostering the formation of communities.
    Will there be a possibility in the future for communities to support moderators? Or is this something that is not considered by Twitch?

I am active in several communities and know that the viewers would always like to send something to the moderators as a thank you. Currently we have to run all this via third parties or streamers forward the bits to the moderators, for example.…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  2. The premise is simple: If someone is getting banned on the Twitch platform 5, 6, even 7 times within the span of 1 year for violating the Twitch Terms of Service, regardless of their partner or non-partner status, that user is a liability to the safety and integrity of the Twitch platform, brand, and image.

Under a new "3 strikes, you're out" permanent ban system, all users, regardless of partner or non-partner status, are equally given up to three (3) account bans within a span of three (3) years, at which time that user will receive a permanent ban from…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. I would love a global moderator role for twitch teams (that the twitch team leader could assign), so they can work or moderate in any of the team members chats.

285 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  4. Recently, I found myself barred from a channel following a comment I made about a competing Streamer. Although my remark had a slightly negative tone, I promptly followed up with an apology.
    Despite this, the exact reason for my ban remains a mystery, leading me to believe that the process of banning may be more subjective than desired.
    Consequently, I am advocating for a more structured and transparent banning system. In the current scenario, the criteria for banning vary significantly from one Streamer to the next, causing confusion among viewers.
    What if we could introduce a table or matrix system,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I have an idea. Make moderator statistics, that is, how many moderators blocked users, deleted messages, issued mutes. This will be useful for tracking moderator activity.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. As someone who mods for 16+ people on another platform and a few on a Twitch, I think Twitch should start hiring a few people to be a paid mod, and to set them aside from the streamers selected mods these paid ones should have a gold sword instead of the green one. Also everytime they enter a live even if it's one they've been to multiple times, it should show them the streamers requirements for chat so they can know what to always look for.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It seems that there are no banned words in the ban appeals so banned users are saying some very nasty things to streamers using the ban appeals to get around banned words in the chat. The streamer I mod for being a female is getting some really disgusting and disturbing things said to her in the ban appeals because of this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. That's to say: Sometimes streamers censor illogical words like "shield" and "spoiler", or even more and more illogical words, and to the person sending the message it doesn't show it replaced with "***", which leads to some communication issues.

Solution: have it show replaced for the sender as well, maybe even inform them which word it is (in case it was not a globally blacklisted word for obvious reasons). Or allow viewers to disable the censorship overall on their side if they want, just like how we have chat filters.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please go back to moderators being able to block users from appearing in their own chat, with the option to <click to show>.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. EN: Hello, you should do an audit on the Twitch France moderation team. Rumors are flying all over the Discord servers about possible channel migrations to other platforms. Streamers are starting to poll their audience on the subject; and not the least since this brews an average of 5000 viewers per stream. The reasons that often come up are: the shares taken by Twitch on each sub; low quality of dialogue between streamers and Twitch France; the quality of moderation responsible for sanctioning streamers, clearly oriented and less and less objective.
    FR: Bonjour, vous devriez faire un audit sur l'équipe…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. ive recently been harrassed for being transgender ..this is the 5th time and its only getting worse.. got bot raided..found a way around that...very mean comments and hate talk ..took care of that.. they always also come in twos..everytime its two people.. but this time i was being harrased through the user names.. by them spoofing my channel points pop ups.. by making obsene names ..so i recommend figuring out what can be done for making names..
    an example was..{stupidtransfakerusuk} constantly.. i dont let it get to me i have lovley mods and i kinda laugh at it but fixing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I'm sure I'm not the only streamer that does this. But I have a Tarot card reward in my chat, and one of the possible Tarot cards will mute you for 30 seconds. When I initially made this reward, I was not expecting one of my VIPs to be marked as "Suspicious."

As a result, I'm now worried that people on my channel, or any channel, that uses similar rewards may cause people to be labeled "suspicious" just for playing games on a stream.

My suggestion: Do away with "suspicious activity" on viewers that have only received timeouts for small…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Edit the effect of Timeouts for members with Editor role to be similar to members with VIP role.

Timing out Editors removes their editor role, and the Streamer has to assign it again. It's similar to when a Streamer times out a Mod and they lose the Mod role. We ask that the Streamer have the only power to remove the Editor role, not by a simple timeout

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hey!

I know a lot of streamers (including me) who have a "self sacrifice" channel point redemption and my MODS for some reason always want to redeem it...

I was wondering if we can get timeout that don't remove MOD status to a MOD but when banned that their MOD status would still be removed.

I know it is this way to prevent anyone with access to the person's account that is MOD or the MOD themselves posting, breaking rules. I've had MODs break rules and do some pretty awful stuff (Try to ban everyone) but most part IMO if…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. There should be a limit of three Mods on live streaming not twelve. Makes the viewers chat less to the streamer. Sometimes makes the moderator bully the viewer without the streamer knowing. There should be less Mods on stream. Enough communication between the viewer and the streamer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I think having a Twitch staff member, or a "police presence", present during partnered stream would help mitigate some of the misbehavior coming from both the streamer and viewers at times.

I think having a Twitch staff member present would drastically help resolve issues and correct problematic behavior faster and more efficiently. It would also cut down on the responsibility being solely placed on the streamer/viewer to collect evidence/write a report (that they may not be able to do because it is often made difficult due to how the report feature currently functions, because of a language barrier, or fear…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A big trend with peoples responses to streamers or users being moderated is the ‘unfairness’ of decisions made and the comparison to other situations while not being aware of the reason for the decisions made.

Suggestion: Create a central, public page, this can be searchable by userid, username (partial/full), message content (p/f). This allows you to find streamers, users, botnets, repeat offenders and provides you a page of the content that caused them to be flagged for moderation + their chat logs.

The details page should show the escalation stage of punishment that users were hit by, thus transparently explaining…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It would be important for those of us who use this medium to share, know and interact with those who broadcast live or with whom we communicate, the moderators are also controlled. Today a moderator banned me and removed from the chat just for fun and it's annoying. I mean, can a moderator delete contacts and I don't know about it and control it? There should be a method to avoid these bad times and thus prevent one from losing interest in the system as well as followers. There should be a mechanism to report them and take away their…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. As a feature request, Allow MODs to see & moderate created clips, currently only available to channel editors. and account owners.

My suggestion allow MODs to 1) see all channel clips for channel they moderate for 2) edit clip titles 3) "Disable" a clip making it Private, non viewable or indexable on internet. Then keep Delete function for Editors & channel owners.

With this I'd also suggest adding a Clips API endpoint so a person or 3rd party service could generate a CSV file of all clips on a channel. This should also be accessible to MODs & Channel owners…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I believe a feature in one's settings that makes it so moderators of the channel can't moderate without having Two Factor Authentification activated would be super useful, with this new optional settings it could dramatically decrease the amount of compromised moderator accounts while also raising more awareness for 2FA

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?