Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

35 results found

1. Random Twitch users are granting Moderator roles to my friends and I. We are not associated with the random Twitch users' channels nor communities. However, we are now forced to be linked to people who use terrible language and put others down. There is a link internal to Twitch and if somehow we found ourselves in these awful channels, we would be seen as Moderators.

It does not matter if we are not followed to these channels. It does not matter if the random Twitch users are added to our block lists.

We need a safety feature that prevents random…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Interest  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  2. I have reported a handful of accounts that use ablelist slurs as their usernames. I don't want to type them here but I am happy to help provide examples if contacted. Even Beyonce and Lizzo have changed lyrics in recent years to address this issue. I have never seen these accounts dealt with. This seems to be a blind spot in the programming or awareness of the moderation team on Twitch. Please update your guidelines or filters to include ableist slurs ASAP.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow a Mod on Mobile to make predictions and polls. Right now all you can do is join in but if no other mod is on the computer and the streamer needs assistance with the predictions mods on their mobiles can not help at all.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  4. A notorious DDoS/DOX'er troll has been plaguing many different games long enough to warrant this thread. He's pretty good at it, I'll give him that, but hitting us all offline constantly IS a felony, and incredibly annoying. He's known as 'nan0,' but has made thousands of accounts over the years, getting around streamer IP masking and VPN protections somehow just to troll streamers.

He goes into your chats with new accounts, waits for you to queue into matchmaking, snipes you, gets your IP, and hits you offline. He's not the only one, but he's the best I've come across since…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ban thirst traps. This platform used to be for gamers and creators, now it seems to be about lazy thirst traps wanting a quick buck. Ban hot tub streams and require a dress code of sorts to keep thirst traps off the platform. Have some respect for the creators that they steal views from just because their basically naked.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. My suggestion would be that within the moderation rank 2 ranks could be established, chief moderator rank and moderator rank so that the moderators can be controlled and be able to delete or put timeout if necessary.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please stop the e-thots and e-whores meta. Provide meaningful moderation and end the sexual themes. Be a grown adult and realize what you're doing is wrong for both company image and customer views of the company.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be great to bring back the Global Moderator program. I think it would keep streams a safer space, especially for newer streamers who do not need a full time mod but someone to shout people out or to handle unruly chat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow streamers To send Recorded streams to the devs or the mods for their defense against wrongful reporting from non- streamers looking to cause problems.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. me estan ciberacosando estan cuenta mariposaazul07 y lucifer599morningstar me esta amenazando de violarme y matarme ya no se que hacer lo tengo baneado y vetado y siguen

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. i wish that "user" in Twitch Community Guideline includes broadcasters [including Twitch Ambassadors], moderators and their "communities", and that contracts signed to abide Twitch Community Guidelines are legal binding.

a victim who is outnumbered by pre-credible bullies is a victim whether those bullies believe otherwise or not.

how is Twitch a safe platform for everyone, when a victim turns to people in positions to help for help and those people laugh them off out of hand?

why are you so focused on protecting a broadcaster, their moderators and their "communities" from a viewer and not focused on protecting a viewer…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a shortcut to arrange the channels followed by the letters A to Z to make it easier for the person to access them

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be ideal if Twitch set a tax, a fine for people who get banned that varies based on the ban. Each ban level is assigned a monetary value that the streamer must pay. I think this allows Twitch to ensure a cleaner platform and reduce bans

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hello everyone,

More than an idea, it is an awareness that I have developed over time thanks to experience.
    Very often those who begin to undertake the path of Moderation are driven by the desire to come into greater contact with their favorite streamer, with their idol, but the importance of this task is underestimated.

Being a moderator means taking on the moral and practical responsibility for a person's work, their dreams, their goals, their efforts and their future.
    I consider these human aspects fundamental both on the internet and in life and as such every aspiring moderator should have…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Некоторые пользователи получают несколько банов на каналах и, при заполнении формы на разблокировку пишут текст, который невожможно пересмотреть в случае, если пользователю отказали в разблокировке, или же её утвердили. Было бы полезно для модераторов понимать историю данных запросов и тексты. Пример очень простой: запрос на разблокировку "Все все пидоры" - модератор отклоняет. Пользователь пишет письмо о том, что он попросил нормально, а злой модератор отклонил потому. что %выдуманнаяпричинаимя%. В данном случае возникает спорная ситуация, которую невозможно разрешить. Было бы очень хорошо, если бы данная история появилась. Спасибо.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Moderators are important individuals on Twitch who dedicate a significant amount of time voluntarily to maintain a clean environment. They play a crucial role in supporting streamers and fostering the formation of communities.
    Will there be a possibility in the future for communities to support moderators? Or is this something that is not considered by Twitch?

I am active in several communities and know that the viewers would always like to send something to the moderators as a thank you. Currently we have to run all this via third parties or streamers forward the bits to the moderators, for example.…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The premise is simple: If someone is getting banned on the Twitch platform 5, 6, even 7 times within the span of 1 year for violating the Twitch Terms of Service, regardless of their partner or non-partner status, that user is a liability to the safety and integrity of the Twitch platform, brand, and image.

Under a new "3 strikes, you're out" permanent ban system, all users, regardless of partner or non-partner status, are equally given up to three (3) account bans within a span of three (3) years, at which time that user will receive a permanent ban from…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I would love a global moderator role for twitch teams (that the twitch team leader could assign), so they can work or moderate in any of the team members chats.

283 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  19. Recently, I found myself barred from a channel following a comment I made about a competing Streamer. Although my remark had a slightly negative tone, I promptly followed up with an apology.
    Despite this, the exact reason for my ban remains a mystery, leading me to believe that the process of banning may be more subjective than desired.
    Consequently, I am advocating for a more structured and transparent banning system. In the current scenario, the criteria for banning vary significantly from one Streamer to the next, causing confusion among viewers.
    What if we could introduce a table or matrix system,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I have an idea. Make moderator statistics, that is, how many moderators blocked users, deleted messages, issued mutes. This will be useful for tracking moderator activity.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?