Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

198 results found

1. So my suggestion is to add the ability for accounts to be automatically restricted from chatting based on the email address they used to create the account. I know there's the problem with privacy, personal data etc. The solution is to replace email domains with identifiers unique to every channel, so that emaildomain1 identifier in one channel is different from other channels. If a ban
    evader uses for example maildomain1.com to register multiple accounts, moderators should be able to see a unique identifier based on that maildomain1 and flag all future accounts using that maildomain1 as restricted.

Also there should…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  2. Mods need to be able to raid, set stream titles, and unpublish VODs, not Editors.

These are functions concerning the management of a live stream, and have nothing to do with Video Editing.

If a streamer even has a Video Editor, they're not watching, or managing the streams, so they have no need to do these things.

Further, most streamers don't understand why a mod can't raid out, or change titles, or unpublish VODs if something happens and the channel might be at risk in the moment, while streaming.

And trying to explain why they need to grant "editor" privileges…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  3. editors should have the permission to turn of a stream if the broadcaster is to drunk and cant turn it of him/her self.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow mods and streamers to see previews nicknames from the viewers after they changed

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. For some time now the Mod Action filters don't work correctly. For instance checking Timeout/Untimeouts does nothing. Clicking on Bans/unbans lists bans/unbans and all timeouts even though the timeouts/untimeout checkbox is NOT checked. Selecting message deletions does nothing too. These problems are happening while using the latest version of Firefox and Chrome and my fellow mods are reporting the same thing. This has been going on for months now.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. You have the option to block or allow links.

It would be nice if you could set which classes can post links.

Followers, VIPS, MOD's subscribers.

unfortunately you can only turn it on and off.

It would be easier for a streamer if we could directly decide who is allowed to post links and who is not.

For now, there's only this: Block links Your channel's chat will automatically delete URLs that weren't posted by yourself, your moderators, admins, or VIPs.

But the subscribers go away empty-handed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hello.

https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/951706-moderation/suggestions/42550657-mobile-moderation

I know that this proposal takes a lot of points to fix moderation on mobile devices, but, with the new restricted chat messages per user, makes this feature useless if moderators can't see them as well. Meanwhile the app gets attention for improvement from the developers, at least, can fix this ASAP so moderators keep moderating.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Restrict an user in your chat using moderation tools
    2. The user sends a message

Current behavior:
    The message is shown only for moderators in web browser but not for mobile moderators

Expected behavior:
    The message must be…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
    Ana responded

Please disregard the More Info Needed – looks like there was additional information for reproduction steps that I could not see in our UI, sorry about this! Thank you.

8. For the first enablement of shield mode by a moderator there should be a brief warning pop up of exactly what it does. There is a bit of a bubble that almost advertises it as press this button and can cause infrequent mods to accidentally enable shield mode. You should also be able to disable shield mode with the same button, not with a switch on the screen that pops up.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I think twitch should add predefined ban reasons/categories (like homophobia, racism, harrasment, ...) that moderators could use. This feature could open to many moderation improvments that I detail below

More details :
    - Twitch could reserve ban categories Ids (like the 100 first ids) for common ban categories that every streamer can use
    - Other Ids could be reserved for other purposes (country related law, ...)
    - Other Ids (let's day IDs from 1000 and above) could allow streamers create custom reasons.
    - Moderators often use tools (FFZ, ...) that would help use this feature more efficiently

Other features that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. be able to ennter a date to see messages from that day as a mod

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. El Modo Escudo no funciona bien en Castellano ya que bloquea demasiadas palabras que no son insultos ni despectivas, sin sentido alguno, quien lo ha programado no conoce nuestro idioma y por ende los moderadores o el streamer pasa más tiempo readmitiendo gente que haciendo directo.

Además hay que entender que en el Castellano sí se usan palabrotas de forma natural pero rara vez es a modo de insulto, siendo más un halago por ironía, comedia, humor o una dramatización; el contexto es importante y conocer la cultura del país también.

Por esto, insto a quien haya programado el Modo…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sometimes, it is better to timeout more than 2 weeks to avoid making unban request and to auto-unban after a certain period.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Thank you for Shield Mode.

I would like to see the ability to configure or pause incoming raids when Shield Mode is active, such as configuring higher thresholds or pausing raids entirely.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Have a setting that makes it so when a moderator allows a message held by auto mod it does not automatically add the blocked term to the allowed terms list

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The Shared Ban list warning should apply for all incoming messages, not just the first-time chat.

Example scenario: A user chats in my stream, doesn't say anything ban-worthy, e.g. "Hello." They say something to get banned by someone who I've shared ban lists with. I want to know that they've been banned but the current implementation will not share that information.

The current implementation makes it quite easy for a bad actor to evade these warnings. Also, it's unlikely that people will open with something offensive unless they truly are trolling.

For this feature to truly be valuable, we need…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Twitch has become a cesspool of creeps and weirdos.. Twitch needs to protect their streamers. There is many ways things can be started.
    Give streamers better ways to mask their identities.
    Hook up with online harassment and government groups.

Twitch is owned by Amazon and amazon has meta data on all its users inorder to help the authorities find these creeps!!
    Meta data IE: Usernames, emails, ips, even ring data..

I’m not very smart but things are getting extremely weird on some of these streams..

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  17. Some moderators could abuse mod tools for no reasons. Take a look from some Discord servers when there no moderation control inside. I would Twitch could be more restrictive about how Mods should work and how to ban properly an toxic user. This suggestion could fit in any social medias cases. We would be hear and respect at any kind.

Ban a user just because he was autistic, could lead an mod abuse and be sanctionable for example.

I would too see Social Medias more conscious about how they manage their product. We got some mods issues on the rival…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Recently Twitch implemented a feature to mark users in the chat as suspicious or to restrict their use of the chat.

But sadly the restrict option only acts as a complete chat ban, which does not help much. (because if someone does not follow the chat rules in streams im supporting as mod, will get a complete Ban)

My idea is to expand the restrict chat access option, so that suspicious users could be restricted in a way, that their messages will automatically be held back by auto mod for a certain ammount of time (or until a mod releases…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. There is only 2 seconds 4 seconds and 6 seconds it would be nice if i can set a customs time

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When you decide to ban someone and perform the command make a popup come out and the popup says "Do you want this user get unfollowed from streamer?
    there you decide if yes or no, because if unfair you get unfollowed because you got a 69 seconds ban (more if you are a guy who has like 3 years following the channel)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?