Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

192 results found

1. 看到直接案啟動

想說什麼新功能

白爛聊天室被全清ㄌ

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  2. you should make it clearer that shield mode is something that effects the channel not the mods view of the channel . if would also be better to make its defaults not be the strongest settings as this causes the most disruption if its accidentally toggled which is happening a lot. the principle is good though, thankyou

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I would like to see the ability to block hyperlinks awhile a channel is in Shield Mode.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I don't think defense mode is a good feature.
    If only the streamer is visible and some of the viewers become victims after entering the prohibited content set by the streamer without knowing it, the streamer himself has to take responsibility for it. No, if that's the case, then there's no reason for a streamer to choose a manager. The streamer can release it, and the manager doesn't have a function, it's a function that only the streamer has, so if you introduce this scary function as it is, Twitch won't be welcome anymore.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I am hoping to clarify, distinguish, and point out a certain aspect of this Shared Account Ban tool may prevent repeat harassers, but also enable abusers to further bully and cancel victims. I have so much empathy for the girls on Twitch that face mean usernames every day, these usernames being banned almost constantly in their chat, but have also faced this hate as their viewer. Mods are no exemption to abuse, and I have more than ten screenshots of absolutely horrible things mods have said to me, after I would appeal bans from out of the blue. This new…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  6. Unlike English, Japanese does not leave a space between each word, so even if you try to mute a word, it will not work if a word follows it.
    For example
    Mute "兄" (brother): "兄貴" (brother) will not be muted.
    Mute "こんにちは"(Hello ): "こんにちは、お元気ですか" (Hello,how are you?) will not be muted.
    We would like to be able to mute the text even if it continues.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Stream team members can opt in to share their ban list with everyone on their team. Have them friend the group and have to group gather all the bans that your other team members already done.

Just like sharing some info with them like statistics.

It would be much easier for the mods to just group ban people in stream teams as well.

A Team of Moderation with a scaling group of slots depending on team members active.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. As streamer and moderator we often have unwanted people polluting the chat. It would be nice to be able to cut off a viewer's ability to write in the chat. (Mute/Unmute) on a viewer without banning them. There are a lot of people (autistic, intellectually disabled) who are not bad, but they can tire others in the long run. It would be good to put them on mute but let them stay and enjoy.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I think this feature would be more helpful if moderators could also send requests and accept them on behalf of their content creators. As it is now, content creators have to do all of the work and some just want to game and let their mods do it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Similar to how we now have a list of banned users, could there be a list for streamers that have, either past or present, behaved suspiciously/may be predatory/is a known sex offender/etc?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like to see an option to choose a different default setting on a shared channel basis.
    Different channels and communities punish people for different reasons. Especially if you are a long time member or a mod in several communities you most likely know the different criterias each uses. You might not be as strict yourself as one streamer and you might be more strict than another.
    Being able to choose the default correctly per shared channel there is a bigger chance to be right from the start with the default setting for your stream instead of changing it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. As a mod for multiple channels within the same community being targeted by view bots, I would like an option to see the people who are viewing the stream vs. just the "users in chat" list as it does not show any bots, and the numbers do match up 99.9% of the time. I'm still uncertain of the distinction between the two metrics, and on that note, if there was a count for the users in chat, for regular users, VIPs and moderators alike, that would be very helpful so at the very least I could spare myself from counting…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow mods to see if and where users are banned in other channels. This is would be applicable if a user is using a streamers emotes in another channel and being toxic while they are banned in the chat where they are using the emotes from.
    This would make the streamer whose emotes they are using look bad/make the community look bad meanwhile they could be banned in the community they are using the emotes from.
    This could be shown when a moderator opens a users card.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. For example, color marker on nickname to mark toxic user in chat, small note on hover, or coloring friends messages in chat. I've been active twitch user for over 7 years. Now I am moderating a lot of twitch channels. Sometimes there are toxic people, that provoke to get banned, looking for reason to act even more toxic. Would be great to have an ability to mark different users in chat, so you dont need to check message history or remember nicknames to note peoples behaviour

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. If you are a mod, you already know what this feels like. You are modding for the streamer and the chat moves and you see someone type something inappropriate or something you should be deleting, wrong behaviors etc..

Chat moves fast and the messages move and so do the little options to delete/timeout/ban someone. At times, you click on one of those options but right in that instant the chat moves and you end up targeting the wrong person who has never done anything causing them to maybe get offended and possibly leave the stream.

The idea is to allow…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Your letting mods decide **** is not the way to go. Don't let them have the power unless 10k more of viewers

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. In the moderator view, when clicking on a user as moderator, it will show how many times the user got banned on different channels. This will prevent trolling and will make the job easier for moderators.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Can we possibly get a feature that Mods/Editors of a channel can use to hide certain extremely toxic comments from the Streamer?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Often a user in chat will post an objectionable message which the streamer and moderators miss: there may be an offensive meaning which is objectionable but cleverly concealed and a violation of channel-specific rules, for example.

I suggest adding a "flag" icon that works very much like the existing Reply button on every chat message whereby people in chat can select another chat message and post a reply message into chat which will be visible to channel moderators, chat bots with moderator status, and the streamer, Only, and non-moderators cannot see the reply.

This way there would be a safer…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Need to create a gifted sub mode and sub mode. I notice watching gta rp that all streamer go to sub mode and still get a toxic chat because of the gifted subs. Either make it two different modes or make it so that the longest following channel gets the sub and not the new ones that hops into other streams

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?