Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I like that there are many different ways to get emotes, it allows me as a smaller streamer to give more motes to the community. However I was thinking maybe just like you get emotes for bit-donations, why not make it possible to get unique emotes for sub-gifters? like an emote at 1, 5, 10 sub gifts, maybe higher.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hi there,

Despite Twitch being all about the content that is created and streamed, I believe emotes serve a very important role in both communication and representation on other streams without being pure advertising, it's subtle but can really help a streamer grow.

This means that viewers can sometimes arrive from the emotes alone, and may not enjoy the content, and so the streamer and viewer will both miss out, the viewer doesn't want to pay a full subscription for the emotes alone, and the streamer will miss out on the revenue from a potential purchase.

I propose a middle…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Si la idea de twitch es que tanto los streamer como la misma plataforma ganen dinero a travez de la entretención online, ¿por que restringen la cantidad de emojis que se pueden subir a cada canal dependiendo de la cantidad de suscripciones activas que tiene este?
    No es atrayente para los usuarios un canal con pocos emojis y por lo tanto no se incentivan a suscribirse!
    Abran mas casillas para emojis!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It would be cool if there were some way to unlock emotes from past events (maybe with a moratorium period of half a year or something). Heck, I'd pay a buck-per to get some of the RPG emotes that everyone seems to have or to fill out my incomplete collection of pride emotes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. My idea is that instead of people of color having to create their own emotes to represent themselves, how about you make your basic set of emotes more inclusive, so as to not make anyone feel left out or offended? Not everyone is technologically capable and can only manage the basics. Just a suggestion.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Back in 2016 TwitchCon, PJSaltan was down to two contestants being DYoshiiTV(now BlessRNG) & Proton Jon. I was glad I knew both streamers at the time and was happy that the person who won would eventually create an iconic pray Global Emote. That win changed his life for the better to a point he changed his name after the Emote itself.

Now after current events, both the Streamer & the Global Emote are no longer on the site. It does make me look back and see that Proton Jon could have won that Global Emote slot as he was so…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Vulcan salute emote for Global Twitch? I think it'd go over well.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be really nice to have more "tiers" of bit emotes. As of right now the lowest bit emote is 1000 bits. It would be nice to have more options. Possibly some options that break up the bigger goals? A 500 option before 1000, a 7500 between 5000 and 10000, etc. Smaller channels could take a long time before someone unlocks the 5000 or 10000 Bit emotes. Emotes are such a great way of expressing the streamer's creativity, community, etc. Having so many options locked behind paywalls is discouraging at times.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bits Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I think the Emote Library is a fantastic idea. However, it has ruined my ability to upload emotes. The upload limit is current 2 times the amount of sub emote slots you have, plus 10. So for an affiliate that has all 5 of their tier 1 emote slots unlocked, they would have an upload limit of 24 (Five tier 1, one tier 2, and one tier 3 for a total of 7, times 2 is 14, plus 10 is 24). The issue is that this doesn't factor in bit emote slots at all. And I have 21 bit emote…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emote Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I saw Twitch use my emote "KomodoChomp" that I uploaded to bttv last year to showcase their new sub animated emote feature. Which was cool even though I didn't give them permission to do so.. (I don't own the rights to the images in the emote so I don't care). If twitch ever decides to add Global Animated Emotes to the platform in the future, they have my full endorsement to add KomodoChomp to the roster :) https://betterttv.com/emotes/5f3296d9afb6965d6e7b70a4

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animated Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Pretty self explanatory, really. I feel we as emote artists should have optional access to the work we provide for streamers via commissions. What better way than to allow streamers to manually link an emote artists channel to the respective emotes drawn from them. That way the emotes can be enjoyed regardless of Tier.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sometimes things go wrong and you want to block a streamer. It's unpleasant then to continue to see their emotes you'd earned (bit emotes, etc) in your emote picker for all eternity. Please allow for a way to block emotes from the emote picker.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emote Picker  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. For example, "Jaja" is equivalent to Haha, so make an emote JAJA equivalent to the LUL one that is relevant to spanish speakers (it could be from a top spanish streamer).

This extends to other languages -- as Twitch viewership/streaming and E-Sports continues to grow, the need to include more relevant emotes for the different languages does as well.

As we are all well aware, there is a lack of diversity in the Twitch global emotes community, and obtaining input from top streamers in their respective languages, as well as bilingual streamers, would be a massive boon to Twitch in…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please remove hindsight 2020 emotes, I didnt ask for them, I dont want them, and there is no way to remove them. Every time i scroll through to find an emote i am reminded of the past. Very stupid idea.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. xqcM (and countless other M emotes) are directly copied from an anti-semitic meme on 4chan.

https://imgur.com/r/xqcow/FgMLDAS

If you guys want to be consistent you should probably not approve literal anti-semitic emotes for your biggest streamer when global emotes get removed just for posting things on social media

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. This is for the people who are omnisexual, they don't really get a lot of representation so it would be nice if they did.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Let us see the stats of our emotes to know which ones are used the most and used the least, so if we want to change them or ad new we can keep the most used by our community and change the less popular for new ones to try.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. All asthetic options should be availbe to all creators. Not just Affiliate and partner. The bar is set too high for one to reach this status which i get. Even though there are many broken road to reach that point anyway. But for new creators not being able to asthetically promote yourself the same as another is in my opinin unfair. Everyone pays to have these asthetics. And you can keep monetary options locked still. Or Do away with earning affilate and just keep the bar at partner.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. With all the events going on like Pride Emotes and now HyperScape Emotes it would be nice to trade emotes with each other? would be cool if this was allowed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Much like the pride emotes (ie GayPride, LesbianPride, ect) I would like the inclusion of a pride emote for gay bears, which is a subset of gay men that embrace masculinity and being inclusive. They even have their own flag and colors.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?