Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Localization

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Localization

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. why is there no Serbian language when setting up the stream language? will the Serbian language add to twitch? I would like to stream in my native language.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Add Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I've spoken to latvian streamers who have been told people struggle to find the channels that speak their language.

This is an accessibility issue for those who have to spend the time scrolling through the 'other' languages in an attempt to watch streams in their languages.

Simply adding more language categories would solve this issue. Twitch could ask their creators which languages they would like adding and I'm sure it would help many streamers and viewers alike.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Its bad when I cannot put my language on twitch like I have to stream on "other"

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Add Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hi. I found some mismatches in translation. Settings -> Advanced -> Video stats: Value translated as "Ценность" but the right word is "Значение"

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Translation Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The german translation of the slow chat is wrong.

"Benutzer können 10 Mal pro Sekunde Nachrichten senden." translates to 'Users may send 10 messages every second.' instead of 'Users may send messages every 10 seconds.'

https://imgur.com/a/X9NDvDs

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Translation Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. "Sørlige" is not a word in danish... I guess you mean "særlige" because that translates to "special". That being said I do not know what the word actually is supposed to be, as I have not seen the English edition of twitch in that category before. The only thing i do know, is that sørlige is not a word.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. как изменить язык видео?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Like Steam offers, there should be localized posters. Chinese posters, for example, will often have a completely different name and/or different brand logo.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add option for us to stream music to a parallel stream, so that viewers can choose if they want to listen to it or not (and also let them manage the music volume).

Could maye also be used for voice chat, and let viewers decide if they want to listen to voice chat or not

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. So, the main Twitch design issue is that designers forgot about non-english speaking countries.
    Roobert font is awesome, but don't have cyrillic subset.
    So we have one font for russian menu items and another for Prime item.
    Check it with a russian langauge version of main page.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Most likely the screamer will usually talk in one language. let's say there is both speech recognition translated to text of the native speakers language,. make that text readout selectable to be translated into other languages so that for and readers can read what the screamer is saying in comments in their own language.

and reverse it too so that chatters could chat in their native language and appears in the streamer's native language text

It doesn't have to be a very poetic translation just enough to get by. And foreign translations should have a flag by them so that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hello,
    if someone subscribes x months in a row (as an example, I will use 5 months), it says in Polish " Użytkownik zasubskrybował na 5 miesięcy!" which sounds like "A user has subscribed for 5 months ahead!".

I would suggest changing "Użytknownik zasubskrybował już [X]. miesiąc z rzędu!" where [X] is a number of months and do not forget the period sign after the number.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. new to twitch and its great so far! I just want to say that a little bit of twitch even 1 hour in a day is ok. With that out of the way.... to know my context, My demographics in short is am from Nairobi Kenya and my preference is single player games 80% of the time. And i want to request if you can put a swahili option just to target potential followers in our East african region . Swahili is the most common unifying language in Africa, and there is alot of discussion on making it an African…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The Norwegian translation for Disabled is incorrect. According to my Mod, the correct term is: Nedsatt funksjonsevne

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. If you show more information for the Slow-Chat-Mode the tooltip says: "Users can write 15 messages per second." instead of "Benutzer können alle 15 Sekunden eine Nachricht senden."

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I have recently started watching streams but all of the streamers I have found have been in the US and are streaming at times I am not able to watch.
    I want to be able to search for streamers using my time zone or multiple time zones as well as what they stream, if they stream with other people and how many subscribers/followers they have.
    This way I can find small streamers that are in my time zone and play games I want to see.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I'm in Guatemala right now and when I try to view the Community Guidelines page, it puts it automatically in Spanish. I click Idiomas at the top and choose English, it loads the page, but then immediately switches back to the Spanish version! The only way I can read the English page is in an incognito window.
    I'm on Windows 10, Chrome.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When you scroll down to the friend list, it says who they are watching. However, in the Hungarian translation it says: "A következőt nézi:", and there is the name afterwards. This is too long for the name to be displayed, so where the name should there is just "...". It's impossible to see otherwise who they are watching, so I recommend it to change it to "Őt nézi:".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ez nem lenni 5let, ez hiba. A profil menüben hibásan lenni fordítva a Drops messzidzs.
    Magyarul Droppok kéne lenni, hogy legyen, azaz hiánycicik egy PÉ betű.

köszipuszi

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?