Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Localization

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Localization

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

30 results found

1. There are several languages that do not have the option to be selected in the "Stream Language". This means that viewers do not have the option to filter and find streams in those languages.

We need minority languages ​​to also have their place to be able to create content in these languages.

I would like to ask "EUSKARA" (official language of the Basque country) as an option in "Stream Language".

4,605 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. As a Galician streamer I love to watch other galician streamers. But twitch plataform don't allow me to set that my videos are in Galego because I can't specify that I'm streaming in Galego. I must choose: "Others".

This situation creates a problem for at least 3.000.000- 4 million people that speak galician because we have no easy method to find videos/streams in our language.

For that reason, We will really appreciate that twitch adds Galician (Galego) language as an option on Language settings of Live Streams.

NOTE: that we are not asking to translate the whole platform. We only…

2,079 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The Albanian and Kosovo Twitch community would like their language to be easily accessible through the language tags as either "Albanian" or "Shqip", as it is way more user-friendly and allows for more discoverability. We're currently struggling to find new content creators, although there is a base of gamers and streamers in both Albania and Kosovo. Due to the lack of categorization, creators have a hard time getting exposure to our local audience and viewers can't identify these creators.

Thank you.

670 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Good afternoon! On behalf of Belarusian gamers I ask you to add the Belarusian language to the "Broadcast language" list in the settings, so that the channels can finally separate their broadcasts from a number of others.

This will make it easier for viewers to find content to watch in their native language. Thousands of people can't find the content they like, and therefore stop using Twitch. Support for the Belarusian language is support for a large language group in the center of Europe.

For example, several channels whose authors use the Belarusian language, but which are forced to select…

521 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The Swiss Twitch scene is getting bigger and bigger.

However, since we do not speak/stream German but Swiss German,
    viewers have difficulties to find us on Twitch.

Would there not be a possibility for Twitch to add the language 'Swiss-German'?

That would help our community grow a lot and especially for the streamers, so they dont have to change their language.

347 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Pls add Serbian or Balkanian language to stream language, cause every country from former Yugoslavia / Balkan basically talks the same language and have good understandings of it. And there is a lot of streamers / gamers from these countries that would use this tag when streaming. Those countries are Slovenia, Croatia, Bosna and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia. Or maybe the best would be to add those languages one by one.

143 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add Hebrew as a language option for channels, no one uses the "Other" option. That will help Hebrew speakers to stream more.

135 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The last 2 years, broadcasts in the Kazakh (Qazaq/Казахский/Qazaqşa) language are gaining popularity on YouTube.
    For example (March 2022):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJx_4kwWNvM - 1600+ live peak viewers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVQBykqCPZg - 2000+ live peak viewers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHtXj6DDlKQ - 800+ live peak viewers

Kazakh is now only available on YouTube, so mostly Influencers choose this platform. Although many of the viewers follow the broadcasts on Twitch, as the many CIS esports competitions are broadcast there. Also, there are Twitch streamers who broadcast in Kazakh in the Russian category

In the filters there is the country of Kazakhstan, but no Kazakh language.

Goal #1 is to add…

130 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I'm trying to help others to improve their stream and I want to bring more Greenlandic people on the chat. I am a small content creator, so I want to bring more community and viewers to talk/chat with to my stream or on their stream.

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. As an Asturian user I love to watch asturian streamers. But Twitch plataform don't allow me to set that my videos are in Asturian because I can't specify that I'm streaming in Asturian I must choose: "Others".

This situation creates a problem for at least 600,000 people that speak Asturian because we have no easy method to find videos/streams in our language.

For that reason, We will really appreciate that twitch adds Asturian (Asturianu) language as an option on Language settings of Live Streams.

NOTE: that we are not asking to translate the whole platform. We only want an easy…

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Greetings!

I would like to ask you about adding Belarusian localization and language tag to Twitch.

Why?
    Because Belarus-speaking community grows every year, and more and more companies are ready to acknowledge that. Among those companies you can find Google, Apple and more.
    Therefore, it would be great if Amazon would join'em in this and add Belarusian language on Twitch. It also will be a great chance to support freedom in our country in nowadays hard situation.
    That would be a big win for our society. Żywie Biełaruś!
    If you need help in translation- just contact me on tetragon444@gmail.com.…

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Slovenian language we are a small country and it would be much easier to find Slovenian streamers. So pls add our language to your chosing option. thnx

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Dear Twitch Team,

Please help to develop the Armenian gaming community, we have a lot of good players who want to stream in Armenian, to communicate and speak Armenian, but there is nowhere such a streaming platform where you can communicate in Armenian, if you could add Armenian to your wonderful platform, we would be very grateful

Thanks
    Armenian Gamers

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Twitch please add Azerbaijani language as an option to stream. There are around 40 million Azerbaijanis in the world. Quite often I find my compatriots watching streams of worldwide famous streamers or Turkish streamers. All of my compatriots choose Turkish language as a streaming language for their broadcast, which makes it harder for an Azerbaijani viewers to find their local content creators . Thanks !

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hello there,

As streamer I made several times streams in Valencià, one of the languages from Spain. I would like to request a new feature letting us be allowed to use it as an official language in the platform.

There are tons of people that use this language each day and it's the main language in most of the cities or towns from the Valencian Community.

Please, consider this idea as this would be awesome to give us visibility and have a stronger market of the platform for Valencian people.

Best regards,

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hello,
    we are finishing our 6th season of our gaming talk show with over 200 oofficial streams and more than 2000 personal streams on the channel /ggtvmk

It will be very motivational and would appreciate if you can add Macedonian language as Stream language option.

There are couple more Macedonian streamers that help the growth of Twitch community here in Macedonia.

Thanks for everything you do for the scene.

Cheers,
    GGorast

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Many languages don't appear in "Stream Language" options, meaning that viewers don't have the ability to filter and find streams in those languages, which is especially important for minority languages like Cornish (Kernewek).

Minority languages ​​must be supported on Twitch alongside bigger language as the support is more important to them. Please add Cornish/Kernewek, the language of Cornwall/Kernow, as an option in "Stream Language".

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hello.
    I have a question.
    Why, when I open any category of popular games, the first thing they offer me is the channels of Russian streamers or streamers whose broadcast language is Russian.
    I'm from Ukraine and sometimes I stim in my native language. If there are no Ukrainian channels in this category, can I show all channels and not show Russian channels first? Or will add Ukranian language categoty.
    Thank you.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Malayalam is the language used by people of Kerala, a southern state of the country India. Malayalam is the official language of Kerala, which is a state with 3.46 crores population (as of 2018).

Many streamers from Kerala are now a part of Twitch.tv streaming community. Viewers from Kerala have also started increasing day by day. But, it is so hard for a new twitch.tv user to find Malayalam talking streamers.
    It will be good for us Malayalis, aka Keralites, if Twitch adds Malayalam as a language.

Thank you team for your continued support. Hope this suggestion will be considered.…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There are no bangali language so shame.By the way why Twitch didn't add Bangali language???
    please add bangali language..

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?