Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

190 results found

1. My streams are directly unpublished after the live broadcast but sometimes I want to create clips by republishing the replay and doing the create a clip feature. But it doesn't work, either the create clip page doesn't load, or it loads but when I press publish, I get the message "Oops. A problem has occurred."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

It could be that you are trying to clip from a VOD when you have Subscriber-only VODs enabled. This setting also prevents the creator (you) from clipping your own archives. To change this setting, please visit your Creator Dashboard and under Subscriptions, turn the Subscriber-only archives option off. If you need additional help, please reach out to our team at help.twitch.tv. Thanks!

2. Poder recuperar un stream eliminado por twicht para poder descargarlo

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Admin →
  3. No one can see my clips!
    The clips don't show up on the video page, and when you 'customise layout' and add the popular clips section it says "you have no popular clips" even though I have about 50 clips with lots of views. Refreshing does nothing.
    Please fix ASAP

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

HI,

Looks like your popular clips are showing. If you still notice this on your end, please reach out to our support team at help.twitch.tv. Thanks.

4. when im clipping from my previous stream i go to add title and then when i click publich is says something went wrong ive tried different browser and clearing cookies nothing works

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Please reach out to our team at help.twitch.tv to troubleshoot this issue with clips. Thank you!

5. phrase /warng joking message and for to delete message wisper

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →
  6. I have had quite the amount of trouble getting to DOWNLOADED VODs on my local device, and having ease of access to these downloaded VODs will make it easier for newer streamers like myself who aren't affiliates to be able to find and publish VODs on other platforms, (e.g. YouTube).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. There is some issue whereby near a whopping 40% of clips error out when trying to save. I'm sure anyone whose ever clipped on twitch knows that cursed error message "whoops well this is embarassing.. an error occured.." At this point your clip is no way salvageable unless the streamer saves all their vods and you have the time to go back to that stream and dig through hours of video for that 10 seconds you tried to clip. WHY HAS THIS NOT BEEN ADDRESSED AND FIXED?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

It could be that you are trying to clip from a VOD where a channel has Subscriber-only VODs enabled. This setting also prevents the creator from clipping their own archives. If you need additional help, please reach out to our team at help.twitch.tv. Thanks!

8. hello, I propose to implement this super useful feature, because streaming videos are usually very long.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hello,

You can tune the playback speed of a VOD by clicking on the settings (cog icon) on the bottom right of the player, and clicking on speed. Thanks!

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi,

When Sub-only archives are enabled, users, including the creator, can only clip during a live broadcast.

If you are the creator, please visit your Creator Dashboard and under Subscriptions to turn the setting off, this will allow you and other viewers to clip VODs.

10. It is so annoying. Happens constantly. Page takes forever to load, then you trim the clip, click Submit and it just doesn't work. "Try again" it says - yeah I can't, too much time passed. Or give us an option to retry from the same time stamp. Such an annoying bug..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Is this occurring while trying to clip a live broadcast? Please let our team know at help.twitch.tv, so that they may help you investigate.

11. Would love to have a page where twitch partners can submit twitch clips and be randomly posted on facebook page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →
  12. A opção de CLIPAR (clip) esta com problema não esta sendo possível

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi there,

Some channels may have clips disabled on sub-only VODs. If it is your own channel, please ensure that you have Sub-only archives disabled in your Creator Dashboard and under Subscriptions. For further assistance, please reach out to our team at help.twitch.tv to investigate.

13. I would like to know why the recordings of my last live broadcasts were automatically deleted.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi there,

Sorry for the time it took to review your idea. It appears you need some help, though, so we recommend reaching out to our support team at help.twitch.tv. Thanks!

14. On the mobile app, this is already a thing. Scrolling down will show the past 5 viewed streams/VODs, and allow you to easily continue watching where you left off.

On desktop (as far as I'm aware after Googling it), this is not available. Which is especially perplexing since the data and methodology clearly already exists on the mobile app, tied to the exact same account.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hello,

On the web version of Twitch, you can find Continue Watching on your Following page. Hope that helps.

15. So many times I have been watching a stream and paused it before closing the app down, hoping to continue watching later. When I return and load up, although it says ‘Continue Watching’ and the purple bar across the bottom shows how much I have watched; when I press play it starts the whole stream again. It has been like this for years on multiple platforms. Please please please fix this!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hello,

Sorry to hear that the "Continue Watching" feature has not been working as intended for you. We recommend you reach out to our team at help.twitch.tv, as this could be an issue with cache or something else that requires some investigation. Thank you.

16. When deleting a vod it says "Are you sure you want to delete streamm?". I cannot see if this is repeatable due to me not having other vods.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Twitch responded

Hey there, the prompt that comes up is actually based on the title of the stream you're looking to delete. In this instance, I believe the title of your stream was "streamm"

17. My export button is not working a few days ago. I have reconnect between YT and Twitch many times and still nothing happen. Now I need to download the video and then re-upload to Youtube. Hope Twitch can fix this issue ASAP.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Exports  ·  Admin →
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi,

Please reach out to our team at help.twitch.tv for support with this exporting issue. Thank you.

18. Custom thumbnails at 1280x720 under 1mb in size will not process on my post-stream vods for the last 2 days. Please fix this issue. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi there,
    Sorry for the trouble you're experiencing with uploading a custom VOD thumbnail. Please reach out to our support team at help.twitch.tv, so they can help investigate this issue.

19. When trying to upload a custom thumbnail to an existing VOD in the Video Producer section of the Content Manager it no longer updates. If you remain on the website after selecting the customer thumbnail a message lingers above it saying, " Processing new thumbnail... " Refreshing the page shows no change to the thumbnail and if you wait, there is no change as it sits in that state seemingly indefinitely. Please fix this. Thank you. - TheCyrissZeal 06-29-2022

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble you're experiencing with uploading your VOD thumbnail. In this case, we recommend that you reach out to our support team at help.twitch.tv, so they can help investigate this issue with you. Thank you!

20. A serious, big expansion of clip support on StreamDeck is needed. Especially on StreamDeck when its locked to 30s and you can't do shorter, or longer up to the max of 60 seconds.

Adding the ability to either type in a value of seconds, or selectable in say, 10 second intervals (10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60) would be very nice to be able to create clips closer to the length of whatever moment happened.

Being able to 'prefix' or 'suffix' a clip with a defined word or two in the streamdeck setup would be nice too, so you could…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey there,

While you have the ability to clip anywhere from 5-60 seconds on Twitch, this particular issue lays with the third-party software you are using to create clips. We recommend you bring this suggestion to Elgato, so that they could potentially address this and provide a way to tailor the length of the clip action provided in their StreamDeck software.

• Don't see your idea?