Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Bits

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Bits

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

163 results found

1. Have a week or weekend that all bits are doubled or on sale. Maybe for Thanksgiving or Black Friday, or even Christmas. I know this would help everyone involved that the bits are used for.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Purchase  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. There are two different dog cheermotes, a unicorn, etc but no cat! There should be a cat cheermote added.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cheering  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I really like the idea of a built in menu to offer bit redeems rather than having a menu posted via commands etc. We can use the same API access and interface as the channel point interface, and allow disabling certain power-ups. Also, with this, it would probably be best to have the menu be two buttons so it doesn't get too bloated.

This would absolutely increase the income from bits, as people would be able to see exactly what they can get for their bits rather than having to find that information elsewhere. This is good for both viewers,…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would like to see if we can turn off or on the new power-ups on screen celebrations button...I show videos and myself along with my viewers like that I have no emotes going across the screen and actually see the videos.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Bits used for the new Power Ups don't currently progress existing Cheer badges, but it would be great if they did count, since it's still using bits on the streamers channel.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Space is precious on the Twitch desktop browser. The constant moving has tricked me into hitting the Power-UPS instead of channel points. Leave the channel points area alone. Put the Power-ups in with BITS not channel points.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Cheering  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Would be nice if there was a setting akin to the setting for sub gifting to no longer show up on the leaderboard. Would probably not be necessary to take away the cheer badges (since you can just choose what badge you want to use).

I know a lot of streamers prefer knowing where love and support came from so they have a slight dislike towards anonymous bits/gifts. But I personally prefer not showing up on the leaderboards when it comes to cheering bits/gifting subs, so I love the setting where you can hide from them for subs, would just…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Something new that "could" be added to bits is when any viewer redeems 1 or more loot with Twitch Prime on any affiliate or partner channel, that channel owner could automatically get 0.15% off bits per viewer who have redeemed 1 or more loot when on that channel. It would take 100 viewers redeeming loot to reach 15% off bits for that specific channel.

The cap of the percentage off bits for the channel owner could be 5%-15%. Once a channel reaches the cap the channel owner could have one-to-two weeks to buy the bits with a percentage off, from…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In most channels that have cheering, I sometimes see people spamming with only 1 bit. I find it pretty annoying, and I'm sure people do as well, especially when the chat is in sub mode.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Cheering  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow Custom Power-up and have them be integrated into programs like lumia stream and streamer.bot

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. As in other applications and games, because not deploying a global ranking system on the platform, that way the platform will profit, there will be an award for the top ranks and the platform can bring more users and streamers to the platform, the rank will encourage people to donate and if the prizes are good, it will be even better.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. being able to put animated emoticons with Bits/cheers
    are more beautiful animated

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Why were bits removed from poll usage?!?

I use polls for viewer watch party. The polls are for what genre and movies will be played at the time of the watch party. I allow extra votes to be cast using bits. I choose bits because it deters trolling. I choose 10 bits per upvote but depending on the other types of polls the amount can go up or down.

I can not use channel points because some of my viewers have over 300k and could potentially spam. Voting for something that is not necessarily an mutually beneficial outcome for all…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I just purchased 1500 bits ($15 to streamer) for $19.95 -- a $4.95 markup. This made me think about the amount of bit donations vs. PayPal donations I've seen over the years, and the fees associated with PayPal are much more attractive.

Bits however are very interactive and entertaining. The novelty of getting a bit badge and having your cheer posted at the top of the chat is likely a reason why people choose to pay the premium. That being said, for every person that buys bits, the other person donates on PayPal because its cheaper. If Twitch wants to…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Show in emote menu or bit menu the emote rewards. or show the next emote you will unlock with bits

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Power-ups need some form of alert for the streamer. I had viewers using this last night in my stream and I didn't even know what was going on or that it was occurring.

I happened to have my stream open on another monitor and saw emotes all over and didn't know how that happened. Then another person used a thing to enlarge an emote. Again, no notification and it showed normal to me and many in chat.

I usually have Firebot up to monitor chat while I stream. The messages sent with the power-up don't even show in there so…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Partner have the possibility to add a cheer emote which users can use to cheer. It would be great if that would also be possible for affiliates. Like this viewers can donate bits more personal to the channel as with the default ones.
    So partners have still a difference to affiliates at this point they could get i.e. a second or maybe also third custom cheermote slot.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cheering  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Power-ups should have had this from day and it is remiss of Twitch not to have done this from the day it was implimented. POwer-ups need to be included in the Bits API. Without it games that include bit redemptions, counters and other viewer incentives no longer work properly, and viewers are confused why they do not.
    Needs to be fixed or removed asap.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. There are myriad problems with this feature.

1: Cannot be turned off if the streamer does not want it.
    2: Cannot restrict the use of unwanted stamps
    3: Streamers are not aware of it in the first place

This can be worked around once by setting the bits limit to 10,000 points, but it is not perfect.
    There is no other way but to deactivate the affiliate if they do not want it completely.
    Therefore, we would like the feature turned on or off.

While gentle stamps are not offensive to anyone, we do not wish to use…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I would like to suggest the implementation of minimum requirements for first-time bit donations in a channel. Currently, there is an issue where newly created accounts can use "fake bits" purchased with stolen credit cards or bins. This situation negatively affects both streamers and the community at large. Therefore, I propose the introduction of an additional security measure to prevent these fraudulent transactions.

My proposal consists of establishing minimum requirements for first-time bit donations in a channel, similar to the existing requirements for first-time chatting. These requirements could include:

Email and Phone Verification: Similar to the verification required for first-time…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cheering  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?