Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

5 results found

1. Automatic mid-roll ads would be much better for the streamer and viewers if there's ads that doesn't interrupt the stream audio content totally, instead just taking most of the screen to display the product/service advertised, with the stream visual being shown in the picture-in-picture. Leaving it as an option (if mid-roll ads have sounds or not) to the streamer would be the best so you could know what the creators want to have on their stream. I know silent ads usually doesn't pays as much as full video ads with sounds, but having less intrusive ads would allow you to…

259 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ads are intrusive, annoying and serve no real value to a viewer or creator in a live streaming platform. But if they must exist, why not make them not so intrusive to the experience?

Currently the PIP solution does nothing good for either party. It still essentially shuts off the stream on a whim and if people don't know where to look, it's all but gone for the time the ad is running. Why not put the Ad window where the stream window goes now, and let the stream keep running as normal, so we continue our engagement with the…

166 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please enable picture by picture for pre-roll ads. I'm a small streamer and I feel a lot of people aren't willing to sit through a 30s or longer ad break just to see if my stream quality is good or chat is active or if the preview image is accurate to what I'm actually doing on stream. Picture by picture would fix this by enabling them to check out the stream and chat whilst the ad plays in the main view.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Currently if you have a stream open at let's say 360p and the streamer runs mid-roll ads or if you get hit by a pre-roll ad, the picture by picture video player quality isn't the same as the one that was set in the original player, the new player will default to auto which shouldn't be happening and it should default to the original quality option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. All ads need to run in a window on the stream instead of blocking out the stream for up to 20 seconds. Every ad that runs makes me AVOID the products shown like the plague because they are INTRUSIVE and BELIGERENT is brute-forcing advertising about items I have absolutely NO interest in.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?