Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Mobile

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: Mobile

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

774 results found

1. Stop sending the pop up when there’s a new app update available. iOS updates my apps automatically. I’m not about to go to the App Store to manually download something that the OS is going to update for me eventually anyway. This notification is completely pointless.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Mobile creator dashboard is essentially useless for mobile. I cannot view past vods, create clips, export to YouTube or any other desktop functions including all my channel settings. The only way I can use creator dashboard on my tablet is to load into the browser site and that only works on an android device. So if you want to do any kind of admin work on your channel… you have to do it on pc.

Please give us the functionality of desktop creator on mobile so we can actually do more. The app as it stands or “create” mode does…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Whisper push notifications on mobile. There’s no other way to know you received a whisper on mobile without manually checking.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make auto play toggle-able and not dead set automatic. Would like to let my phone live if I fall asleep watching a VOD

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Diese neue Oberfläche im Querformat an die Größe der eigenen Kanäle anpassen. So ist das Bild der Clips nur nervig groß, ich will meine eigenen Kanäle sehen, wenn ich auf "du folgst" klicke und nicht irgendwelche Clips. Am Besten wäre natürlich, wenn man das in den Einstellungen abwählen könnte, so kanns jeder machen, wie er will.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Interest  ·  Ana responded

Hi, thanks for your feedback!

This status is to let you know your idea has been reviewed. Your idea is open for voting/comments from other Twitch community members. This is a great time to share your idea with others. Learn more about status updates here.

---

For the community: If you like this idea, please vote on it and feel free to add on how it would help you in the comments.

6. Forcing "Followed Categories" below "Your Live Channels" hurts discovery and encourages unfollowing to make the UI usable. It used to be easy to see new streamers in categories I follow and the categories only took up one stream's worth of space, but the latest update forces scrolling through two dozen streams I don't care about just to check a category.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When casting from the iOS mobile app to another device (TV, Chromecast, etc), I am no longer able to collect channel points. For example, I watched a stream for 3 hours and never got a green icon to collect points. This has been happening for at least a few weeks if not a couple months.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Issue:

Twitch app freezes watching a broadcast in app and in PiP.
    The freezing has been determined by others on Reddit to not be the effect of internet-connection.
    The bug has been known to Twitch devs for months with no fix deployed in the latest update(s).

Expected Result:

No hard-stuck pauses when watching a broadcast

Result:

Stream is hard-stuck and continue to press play button for resuming the stream.

Device: iPhone 14
    iOS: 16.3.1
    Twitch version: 14.5.1

Sidebar:

Users on Twitter also report this bug.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When you open up the chat on this phone the chat ends up taking more than half the screen, making the viewer experience rather unenjoyable. This is in contrast to my iPhone 11 pro max where the chat takes up around a quarter of the screen and the actual chat box has a slight opacity. Chat is so essential to the twitch experience and I wish we had these options

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I don’t understand why I have to accept cookies every time I open the app - I use iPhone

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I hope you can add cc subtitle for the video, just like what YouTube do now.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. WHY CAN’T I OPEN A TICKET AND SEND MY COMPLAIN??? I DONT WANT A FORUM I WANNA TALK TO THE SUPPORT TEAM!!!

I can’t fill the session “About” in my Twitch profile. Is it because I’m on my mobile? And why is that so? Why can’t we do everything from movile if we are playing from a consol and not a pc?

About the ads I need to tell I hate them and Im getting less and less motivated to watch anything in Twitch because of them. It’s very annoying to watch ads in every 3 minutes or so. VERY…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hello. About 3 months ago the app on iPad started to pause the video while on PIP from time to time with no apparent correlation with other apps our behaviors. Sometimes it starts pausing after ~1h of exclusive PIP playback; sometimes it starts pausing after the playback is interrupted by other sound playback, and after that it keeps pausing.

In all cases, the user needs to press play again everytime it pauses - sometimes more than 30 times per hour.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make video player take up less space on iOS & iPadOS. Currently trying to scrub through Vods is insanely infuriating due to the video player taking up 2/3 of the screen, of course it less worse on iPad, but still far away from good. A easy solution would be to hide the bottom three buttons.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When I try to search for streams with tags and open the tag list there are not tags available and if u write your tag that u looking for and search for it then the it says that there are not streamer found with the same tag. Currently running it on IOS 15 and I tried to reinstall it but it didn’t worked

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. If you watch a vod of a stream that is still live, the vod will reset you multiple minutes backwards every 5 minutes and only fixes when stream is over.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The mobile streamers want to improve our experience during live streams, but the available stream apps don't give us a complete experience, even if it's possible. For example, streamlabs has a great display to make sure where our overlays and stuff are playing but they does not allow us to use other theme pages like Streamelements because they give for free what Streamlabs wants to have revenue for. Prism Live Studio App has the possibility of having html overlays from Streamelements or others but they don't have a display and the things are just dropped everywhere in the screen, i…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When watching a stream or a vod with the chat sidebar open, and the video shrunk beside it(not fullscreen), it will break Picture-in-Picture when leaving the app. Only audio will play.
    If the video is fullscreen with the chat overlayed transparently on top PiP works correctly.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Currently, people viewing a stream can not put their channel points into community challenges if they're on mobile. This sometimes makes them feel less than people who are watching from a PC as they aren't getting the same opportunities. It can also mean that community challenges aren't getting to 100% due to a huge number of their community being on mobile.

My suggestion is to allow mobile users to use their points on community challenges.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I know that you can edit all the panels on the PC version of the website, but unfortunately, on the mobile you can not edit any of the panels at all. Maybe you guys should consider moving some of the PC features to the mobile app, such as the ability to edit panels.

It would not only be really convenient to be able to edit on the go, but it would also make life a little bit easier, since not everybody owns a PC.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?