Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Mobile

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: Mobile

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Usernames with the black hex color (#000000) are unreadable in the android app, not sure if its the same in the iOS app as well. https://i.imgur.com/b4Evflz.png

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make the popout player resizeable. Currently the popout player is so small, it's practically useless. I have to use the multiapp feature on android be able to see the stream but that doesn't work well with some apps.

You need to enable the resize feature like other apps have including mx player and new pipe. Currently I'm using a 3rd party twitch app to play streams via mx player, just so I can resize the popout player.

Android 9 on Pixel XL

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Get rid of the bar above chat that just says CHAT. People know what chat is and it takes up space for two extra messages to be shown on screen. There is literally no reason to have a bar that just says CHAT.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The iPhone 11 is capable of using multiple cameras at once. It'd be great if Twitch provided a way streamers can stream using the front and back camera at the same time. It'd be especially helpful for Just Chatting streams so viewers can see the streamer and what they're seeing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I would love to be able to download the VODs of some of the streams that I am subscribed to in order to watch them when I don't have WiFi such as on a plane trip.

YouTube premium has this feature and it is so helpful as even when I do have WiFi it is often not strong enough to watch without buffering. When I download it, it can take a while, but then I can watch the whole video without buffering.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It takes a very long time to switch a stream's video quality. — It is so bad, that is even faster to set the desired quality, close and reopen a stream. But why?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The possibility to embed Streamlabs (and other) alerts when streaming thru the Twitch mobile client.

Embedded like a browser source, I would say 1 or 2 sources maximum (to keep in mind, it is still a mobile thing).

I think this will help to create a better experience on and with mobile, because the look and feel for the viewers - compared to a Desktop stream - is kinda similar and familiar.

Twitch already offers some options to use Streamlab components in Chat, why not extending the good experience in the Broadcast-part, too?

With a simple grid system...

1 -…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The app will not allow me to add my title to the Twitch App. Maybe an update would fix it. I uninstalled and reinstall and nothing works.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. En el Ipad por algún error desde hace un tiempo no se reciben todas las notificaciones de Suscripciones en el Gestor de Transmisión/Fuente de Actividades, algunas si salen y otras no en un mismo stream, por algún Fallo no se visualizan todas las notificaciones de Suscripciones de cualquier tipo teniendolas todas activadas, gracias

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please stop background video playback on android tv and appletv. It’s just annoying and uses up network bandwidth. Do not start playing back video until I push the start button.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It's weird how we can make clips, add a title, and even adjust the length but can't save it to the phone without going through some hoops rather than just copy link, and share there should also be a feature to save the clip directly to mobile

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Para usuarios de Android e iOs no es posible suscribirse a Tier 2 y 3 y debería ser accesible el poder suscribirse a ellos desde dispositivos móviles.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. If the Stream Descriptions is too long you cant read them even if you turn your phone. Same issue if you want too see what your Friends are watching often it’s doesn’t fit so you can’t read the whole thing

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Da sempre prima di andare in live dal mio iPad cambio sempre categoria di live e il messaggio che arriva ai miei followers, ciò non posso più farlo a causa dell’ultimo
    Spero che aggiustate tutto con un aggiornamento.
    Saluti, Flavio Passaquindici

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. On the tablet version of the iOS Twitch mobile app, chat is normally positioned to the right side of the screen and is about the same width as on desktop.

https://i.imgur.com/fYfgftd.jpg

When the software keyboard is enabled, chat expands to fill the upper-right quadrant of the screen while the stream stays in the upper left quadrant, which is normal.

https://i.imgur.com/iVGTXjI.png

However, when a hardware keyboard is connected, the software keyboard does not appear while typing; unfortunately, the chat still expands to fill half of the available screen real estate, minimizing the stream to the left.

https://i.imgur.com/iEwcIKR.png

Frustratingly, the screen has…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I want you to be able to turn off the function of playing the next video without permission when the video is over.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I can’t use the Cold War category cause it just resets the categories as in it doesn’t show up in the stream manager or overview so when I’m making a stream title and notification it won’t let me use Call of Duty Cold War as a category so I can’t start a stream without a category

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I have 60 mbps download on my mobile data LTE and the highest quality the Twitch app will play is 460 p. IMO this is completely unacceptable for a Live Streaming service to. Your main purpose is to live stream acceptable quality streams to your consumers and you can’t even do that. Yet you’ll play 20 ads before I get to watch the extremely low quality stream. I guess if I follow the instructions from above about being Clear on what changes I’d make: MAKE LOVE STREAMS BETTER QUALITY. I hope that clear enough Twitch/Amazon/J.Bezos

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?