Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Mobile

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: Mobile

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. A feature useful to most who'd rather save data

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Samsung J6 Android 10 gives color error after the update. Do you make Android 10 the highest target of your APK file?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mobile users are currently unable to participate in watch parties or sponsored streams like the recent one for Upload. If a viewer has Amazon Prime linked to Twitch, they should be able to watch Prime content on mobile and Chromecast or other similar services.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. For some reason my resolution only goes up to 432p. I've tried other streaming apps and perfectly get anywhere from 720 to 1080p. Can we please fix this?!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Lots of the streams I watch, can also work very well in the background while I work. Therefore it's disapointing that it's not possible to stream just audio via f.ex a google home device. The default iOS app only allows video casting to a Google Chrome device.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. MVP: Add option for the Android Twitch app to use the light or dark theme by inheriting the state of the system's theme [Android 10+].

Bonus: Ideally, it would be great for the app's rendered state to automatically update the theme without having to be restarted. Switching back to the app via the app switcher (whilst it's running in RAM) after the system theme changes (either manually or automatically, based on Sunrise/Sunset) should cause this to occur, as well as if it's in the foreground and Sunrise/Sunset toggles a system-wide change.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please add the ability to control Twitch on the PS4 via Google Cast as long as the app is open (on the PS4). See the YouTube and Netflix apps on the PS4/Android for an example. :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Transparent view of chat on the web browser/AppleTv etc. similarly to the mobile version. Lastly, if something could tell if you are watching on appletv, roku, firetv and it automatically asks if you want to just view chat from your smartphone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add an option for the mobile application to view a stream or clip on different devices like smart TV, Xbox One and basically any device using the same (wireless) network for internet access.
    I like to choose a stream on my phone but continue watching on TV and Netflix and YouTube are already fulfilling my need to use my phone basically as a remote control.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hi !
    Add the moderation icons available on pc, on phone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sinto falta do resumo de transmissão no app para android da Twitch, para acompanhamento em tempo real.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Since multitasking is such a big thing on mobile, maybe allowing us users to tab out of the app whilst still having a small window for the stream open could be a good idea. Netflix currently does something like that if you tab out of it to access other apps.

I thought since you viewing time and general upkeep of viewers is what you strive for it'd be a good idea

It'd also help users keep up with the streams at all times instead of missing fun/crucial events on stream cause they had to tab out to check something else…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I love to view all the fun moments I’ve clipped from streams and it’s a hassle to only be able to view them from a desktop website. It’d be really convenient to watch and manage them from the app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please allow the audio of a stream to run in background to allow for multitasking as the expected running time of a stream is several hours and if someone is on their phone it causes them regular interruption. Also, the screen at times is frozen when returning back on an app

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Most recent iOS update fixed darkmode(thank you!) but took away bold typing when someone tagged me in chat. Can we put that back?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When using mobile, there’s always the high risk of accidentally unfollowing someone when tapping your device, which could annoy people who like seeing their followage. Introducing a passcode could help prevent unwanted unfollows, while still being quick and easy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. All video resolutions must be compatible on Samsung Galaxy S10+ and Note 10+ on the latest updates for the Twitch app

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The dark mode still sucks with blinding contrast, but I still prefer that over light mode. But the functionality to have dark mode local to the app instead of tied to the system light/dark mode not only existed but was then removed.

Stop removing functionality. Change isn't good if it removes things that were already good.

e: this also makes this help page false https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/watching-twitch-on-ios-devices?language=en_US#LightAndDark

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please add chat only mode by default in settings, so I don't have to set it each time when android app refresh.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. see who is following someone by tapping on their followers

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)