Developers

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

959 results found

1. Currently, it is possible to listen either to all custom channel point redemption or redemptions of specific reward id.

It would be great if we could add a condition to only listen to redemptions of rewards that have been created by our own client id with the channel points API.

With this, we do not need to create x amount of eventsubs for x amount of rewards we created for the broadcaster.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  EventSub  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. You could once enter redirect URLs in this format which is useful for cookie testing:
    http://some.prefix.localhost:8080/auth/twitch/callback

Now I can no longer change the URLs of my application without removing this entry. I would like it to allow HTTP for domain names ending in [some.prefix].localhost not just localhost.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The Developer APIs are often used to resolve relationships with sets of accounts used in follow bots through the Block User Endpoint. It would be useful if we could expand the reasons to allow developers to programmatically report bot accounts to help Twitch in removing these accounts. We are all actively building systems to help combat this issue on behalf of Twitch, so let us do our best to help your team.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Extensions themselves can sign up for webhooks for transactions, but those bit exchanges are completely invisible to the broadcaster. They can't make alerts, or estimate revenue, etc. I would love an event for any transaction make on any extension for the authorized broadcaster.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  EventSub  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Simple. Old drop system allowed you to turn drops on for like a year and now its only 28 days max.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Drops  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It is not uncommon for an extension to be activatable in multiple slots, giving the broadcaster placement choice.

However, whilst extension developers offer this flexibilty they may want to prompt/suggest that the streamer installs the extension to a specific slot.

Please provide a way for Developers to mark a slot as "recommended" and update the UI to show a "Recommended" badge next to the slot in the extensions/manage UI

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Extensions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. First of all, thank you for providing developers with valuable tools and apis for twitch. I greatly appreciate the code samples that were provided, however I noticed that there was only a code sample for the authorization code flow. I feel that developers would greatly benefit from examples of how best to work with the implicit code flow. I know this has been an issue for me. For example, if you create an electron application with a modern javascript framework that manages routing, the redirect part of code flow becomes a sticking point. Most of them will use localhost for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Some of us have websites- eCom stores, information websites, etc. I have a PC hardware review website and would like to wish to integrate it just like Youtube. I wish Twitch had the tools that worked.

Twitch has embed code separately for viewing and chat. But it's rather a general code that has fixed width and height. You'd think a big platform like Twitch would have an official WordPress plugin with a responsive design. Also, plugins have better compatibility with WordPress.

There are plugins for Twitch, but they have long been discontinued. There are so many websites out there that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Embeds  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be great for alerts, and goal bars to receive the sub count information along with each event, similar to the progress on hype train, they push the total, goal, and progress in each event, so the precedent is there for eventsub to expend on the core data. Something similar to the dashboard data would be great

{
    "count":1,
    "score":1,
    "countbreakdown":[{"plan":"1000","count":1},{"plan":"2000","count":0},{"plan":"3000","count":0}],
    "score
    breakdown":[{"plan":"1000","score":1},{"plan":"2000","score":0},{"plan":"3000","score":0}],
    "nextlevel":{"minimumscore":15,"emoticon_limit":2}
    }

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  EventSub  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. There are more and more cases working with different teams, especially with more and more hackathons, that the need to separate groups for different projects on Twitch have become more of a need. There were talked about a Soon™ feature to allow multiple organizations, but nothing has come about. This would be great to allow, and then allow movement of apps between personal accounts to an organization on the site once this is setup to help management, or a form to allow twitch to process the movement.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. This is something with the intention for client rather than server side.

So the idea is to subscribe to the streams.online topic but instead of specifying a broadcasterid you specify a userid. This topic would give the streams.online notifications for the broadcasters that the user is following and has notifications enabled for. You could subscribe to streams.online for each broadcaster a user is following which is indeed a possibility but at the same time cause a problem as some people follow a good 200-300 channels of which for quite a lot they probably don't even have notifications which…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  EventSub  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. You have error messages that tell me I can't do [insert a variety of things here] until I have completed something like "Extensions Monetization Onboarding." The error message fails heuristics because it doesn't let me fix the problem. It says I need to do something but doesn't give me a link or way to do it. That seems like a huge mistake, but with the forums FULL of people complaining that they can't find it either, I'm wondering if it's a dark pattern and done on purpose.

If there is a workflow that requires me to move through certain steps,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be nice to have a "next" or "continue" button. It is confusing to navigate after reading "what are we going to build", I wasn't sure where this building was going to happen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Developer Site  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Include subscription message with the subscription event to be consistent with how bits include messages in the event.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I guess I have found a bug in the Twitch EventSub documentation, the actual sort order of event attributes doesn't seem to be the way they are documented.

The last two attributes of the Channel Points Custom Reward Redemption Add Event (https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/eventsub/eventsub-reference#events) are according to the documentation reward and redeemet_at whereas the API returns it as redeemet_at and reward. Either way the documentation is wrong or the API is wrong.

It would be great for further development with the EventSub if this could be fixed.

Thanks a lot and kind regards
    Moritz from dialogikTV

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  EventSub  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Code in Sample 2 doesn't work, not even with freshly created credentials and app tokens.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  API  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. You get free tools to differentiate your platform. Passionate developers try their best to make amazing products, how hard is it so difficult to make their products visible for streamers?

Multiple suggestions:

• a monthly highlight message on twitch twitter (put the spotlight on a great extension)
    • improve the extension dashboard by removing the top categories based on their function. This should NOT be a standard to get the top spot.
    • let developers upload videos/trailers on the extension page.
    • make a simple checkbox, that allows developers to send updates (email, chat notification) to streamers that opt-in for updates. (how do developers…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Deferred  ·  1 comment  ·  Extensions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In order to send a chat message via https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/extensions/reference/#send-extension-chat-message you need to know the current active version of your extension. There's no way to retrieve information about your extensions' versions.

There's one way which is kind of roundabout, by first using /extensions/${CLIENT_ID}/live_activated_channels to get a list of users, then using /helix/users/extensions/list on one to find the extension again and get its version there.

This could be much quicker to find if live_activated_channels had a version field with the live extension version (it only ever returns a list of channels using the live version).

There could also be a /extensions/${CLIENT_ID}/versions endpoint…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Provide a link to the referenced branch associated with each step.

There are no branches for steps 3 and 4. The existing branches don't correlate to the code presented for each step on this page.
    And there's messy commented out code in all of the files on GitHub.

Also, 4 steps are explained, and then the last sentence in this doc mentions the Step 1 branch

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I received an error I have never seen before and it got me thinking it would be nice to have some documentation on various error messages like "Insufficient authorization in token". Other errors are clear and straight forwards like "missing X scope" however some are vague and unclear.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?