There was an error during translation

Developers

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It would be nice to have a "next" or "continue" button. It is confusing to navigate after reading "what are we going to build", I wasn't sure where this building was going to happen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

In Progress  ·  0 comments  ·  Developer Site  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Right now, you can only check if the streamer setup permissions for your extension from the helper, such as isBitsEnabled, isChatEnabled, isSubscriptionStatusAvailable. It would be nice to be able to query the API to see which permissions the streamer setup.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. This evening I received a resub over pubsub for 3 months in advance. Rather than the documented "multimonthduration" field, that was set to 0 and a new "benefitendmonth" field was returned. This can be used to calculate the number of months, but I can't find any mention of it in the developer docs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. See: https://gyazo.com/38763967bd9f2f69728c30af7386dfd7

The shot is taken at: https://www.hltv.org/news/31121/vod-hltv-confirmed-with-guest-flusha-talking-fnatic-exit-and-plans-for-2021

Proposed fix: Set the background-color: black on the html element in the iframe. Possibly only in a darkmode if such exists.

Why is this the correct fix ? I think the cause is weird sub pixel roundings (in this case Firefox). We have seen it previously on Chrome also and seems to also be hardware dependent. I doubt this will ever be fixed from browser vendors while setting it black will mask the issue for good.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Embeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. There is no explanation on how to use the pagination cursor for EventSub subscription GET requests.
    Apparently the cursor can be appended in a request as the "after" parameter, but I feel this should be stated in the optional query parameters, as is the case in the Twitch API reference (e.g. https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference#get-extension-analytics).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow us to embed the clip editor.

I have a personal site that I used to list and view all of my clips that I make during a stream. I also have functions for tagging my clips for easier searching, and other implementations.

Currently, I have to link to the edit page, to edit the clip to the desired length and position. Then, go back to my site to embed the clip player, where I have my extra functionality. My desired work flow would be to just embed the edit page, so that I could use my page's tagging functions…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Embeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I agree all the privacy n rules here but I have a suggestion that I need a pop out comment / follow / donate or either subscribed notification while I am streaming with mobile I ha d high hopes for it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Code in Sample 2 doesn't work, not even with freshly created credentials and app tokens.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. It'll be helpful and also maintain a straight UI to have a Twitch React UI Framework, so we can include it on our extensions.

For example Uber has https://baseweb.design/ so you can develop websites with (almost) the same UI as Uber.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. add an arrow on the bottom of the pages for navigating in the sections

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Site  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. You get free tools to differentiate your platform. Passionate developers try their best to make amazing products, how hard is it so difficult to make their products visible for streamers?

Multiple suggestions:

• a monthly highlight message on twitch twitter (put the spotlight on a great extension)
    • improve the extension dashboard by removing the top categories based on their function. This should NOT be a standard to get the top spot.
    • let developers upload videos/trailers on the extension page.
    • make a simple checkbox, that allows developers to send updates (email, chat notification) to streamers that opt-in for updates. (how do developers…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Long-Term Consideration  ·  0 comments  ·  Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Some extensions would benefit from drops such as being able to award in-extension items or coins, based on view time, and would be a great way to promote usage of extensions, especially non-game specific extensions, that could be tied into an existing drops campaign if the game developer makes the extension themselves. If you have a variety streamer extension that runs on every game, then we don't get the benefit of the draw of drops.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drops  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m going to mark this as a long-term consideration as this is not currently being investigating, but may be something to consider in the future. The Drops product today is tied to a Twitch category and to provide similar functionality for Extensions would most likely be a different implementation that would require time to investigate.

13. It would be worth mentioning that in order for developer to see the extension changes, "Live Config Path" has to be filled in with "index.html" as well. Since I was logged in with my streaming account (I assume most of them will be streaming accounts if you are testing on your own profile), I was not able to see the changes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. It would be great, if the add/update events for Custom Rewards and Custom Reward Redemptions would have a flag, if the Custom Reward was created by the client_id which subscribed the topic.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  EventSub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The endpoint /helix/subscriptions?broadcaster_id=USER_ID doesn't return the data from the most recent to the oldest subscriber.

We could maybe use /helix/subscriptions/events?broadcaster_id=ID but the data here apparently doesn't last more than 5 days or so. This doesn't work for small streamers who don't have a lot of subscribers coming on a daily basis, for example.

Suggestions:

1. Create an "order" parameter to the first endpoint, so we could use like /helix/subscriptions?broadcaster_id=USER_ID&order=desc&limit=1
    2. Make the second endpoint return the latest "forever".

The first endpoint seems buggy, the data being returned comes in random order and the pagination cursor is always present, even if I clearly…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Investigating  ·  0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. It would be very easy to build and design for if there were official typing for all data endpoints. The data between all the different API's for the same data isn't consistent, and with event sub, since it no longer relies on the underlying Helix endpoint, that data can now be different too. This will also mitigate typos on the docs which causes huge headaches when trying to code for API responses and the data not working, or missing fields. The typing can specify which fields are required and which are optional, so when designing your app, you can easily…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Investigating  ·  2 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/irc/guide#command--message-limits says:
    - 20 authenticate attempts per 10 seconds per user (200 for verified bots)
    - 20 join attempts per 10 seconds per user (2000 for verified bots)

however it's unclear how these limits apply to anonymous connections. Is there no limit to join attempts at all when you have authenticated as an anonymous user? And do authentication attempts for anonymous users (NICK justinfan12345) count towards the rate limit?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Investigating  ·  0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. When I try to update "ismaxperuserperstreamenabled" of a reward, I get an Internal Server Error.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Currently, when a non-Englisch Character is entered into the "Name" Field of the Application Settings (https://dev.twitch.tv/console/apps/<CLIENTID>), it is denied with the Error Message saying that the word "Twitch" is not allowed, even if that is not entered.

1) This Error Message is confusing as it is incorrectly describing the situation.
    2) For some usecases, Non-English Characters would help for Names - such as German Companies with umlauts (öäü) in their name.

I acknowledge that allowing the entire Unicde / UTF-8 subset can pose issues, but It makes it so an Application Name may not be 100% identifying of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?