Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hi
    Hope you are doing good.
    Recently, I just attached the API of twitch with my website https://buyweedpacks.com/. Today, I noticed that the API is not working and page is blank. API is attached in the backend of website. Please do let me know that how can I sort out this issue?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hi
    I just want to ask that can I integrate twitch with my website https://mandslawyers.com.au/? As we all know that twitch is going to be very famous in coming days so that's why I want to integrate it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Classificação mais clara de quando uma transmissão é Rerun, podendo ser um icone ou uma luz azul ao lado do nome do canal (onde atualmente aparece vermelha como a transmissão ao vivo). Como usuário percebo o crescimento contínuo de transmissões rerun que são úteis por um lado, mas pelo outro poluem o feed de quem assiste, sendo que muitos criadores burlan ou dissimulam a regra de colocar no título que é rerun. Muitas vezes só é possível descobrir após perguntar no chat. Essa situação é frustrante, pois interfere na experiência de interação, principal característica da plataforma e desfavorece quem está…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Dear Twitch,

Your phone app is traaash! Why is it that when I open the app I’m not greeted by the only thing I’m there for. The people I follow are buried so far away. “Your offline channels” and “Following” are arbitrary! The channels I follow should be the first thing I see when I open the app. I shouldn’t have to go find them. Sure it’s a couple scrolls away and sure they’re in there somewhere… Nope. Garbage. App is so bad it makes me not want to use it. Stop advertising **** to me and show me literally…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be very nice to have additional information on the subscription of a specific user, for example date of the subscription, how many consecutive months the user have been subscribed and the total months that the user was subscribed.
    This could be easily added in the "Get Broadcaster Subscriptions" response so that for a specific broadcaster you can have the list of subscribers and for each one you can select the ones with streaks or total months to perform special actions with them

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Possibility to get/list all clips from a VOD link

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The article mentions that a response will include

{
    "accesstoken": "prau3ol6mg5glgek8m89ec2s9q5i3i",
    "refresh
    token": "",
    "expiresin": 3600,
    "scope": [],
    "token
    type": "bearer"
    }

But that's not the case, if no scope is providen, scope doesn't exist on the response. Also the refresh_token isn't present on the response.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. gracias por la ayuda

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would really like if "animatedpreviewurl" could get included in the new API.
    Previously/currently it was return from the old API endpoint Get Video (https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/v5/reference/videos#get-video).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I know this idea has been asked on the support forums over the years, so I'd like to suggest another use case. I have some friends that I like to gift subscriptions to at a channel we all enjoy. As a programmer, it pains me to enter my credit card in several times to give each person a sub when I know there's probably a better way that can be achieved programmatically. Ideally I'd like to have a system where I could push a button or have a cron go off and give subs to several people.

To avoid abuse…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Since private messages are unreliable for bots (and bots sending them are frowned upon - and I totally get the reason), can we have the ability for bots to send "ephemeral" messages to chat - messages that only a given user will see. This will also be useful for streamers. These can be displayed in the same way as "you can now redeem X award" or (better) like "You have gotten drop X/hype emoji X" messages.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Would be amazing if the IRC commands API would include /chant
    I know it's still an experimental feature but it would be cool for things like "Start Chant" channel points redemption, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Stop asking for my mobile number to register applications or for any reason at all.

You already get 2fa by sending the verification code through email. Sending it through mobile is an added security risk. It only makes it easier to compromise the account when hackers can just contact the mobile operator to be able to clone our mobile number.

The verification code through email is plenty. I have secure passwords on both email and twitch accounts, I can make sure they are safe, I can control that. I can't control what my mobile operator does with my SIM ID.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Currently, there’s no way to separate between live streams and past broadcasts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When I'm building an extension. I use a custom server to help simulate the Twitch Hosted test environment.

To that end it would be useful for me to automatically fetch the new CSP fields from the API

The Endpoint https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference#get-extensions Get Extensions currently provides a wealth of information about an Extension, including what things are available and enabled and which slots the extension can exist within.

With the Dashboard deployment to allow entry of the new CSP fields. This endpoint should be updated to include the CSP data.

Then I can auto collect the changes into my local test rig…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. If a user is banned from chat due to email or phone "cross ban" as per:

Curbing Ban Evasion

We know there are many reasons someone may need to manage more than one account, so you can verify up to five accounts per phone number. That said, to help prevent ban evasion, if one phone-verified account is suspended site-wide, all accounts tied to that number will also be suspended site-wide. Users won’t be able to verify additional accounts using a phone number that is already tied to an actively suspended account. 

At the channel-level, if one phone-verified or email-verified account
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Currently, this endpoint: https://tmi.twitch.tv/group/user/<CHANNEL>/chatters

Can be used freely without any authentication or scope.

This is definitely being abused with the hate raids. It's been abused by malicious actors for a long time now. Why has this endpoint been created in such a way that there is zero barrier for a malicious actor to obtain user data?

Even the Get Polls endpoint (https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference#get-polls) requires both authentication and a scope!

How has that Get Chatters endpoint not yet been removed an replaced with a secure Helix endpoint, as stated here: https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310213-developers/suggestions/39145294-chatters-viewers-helix-api-endpoint

This is not ok.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The new endpoint only allows the broadcaster to run commercials: https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference#start-commercial

The old endpoint also allowed users with the editor role to run commercials: https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/v5/reference/channels#start-channel-commercial

I believe it is of value to allow access to editors as they used to. Editors should be trusted enough to choose their own tools to support the broadcaster, as has already been the case.

Plus, if an editor's token can be used the editor's name will appear in the Activity Log on the Dashboard, rather than the broadcaster's name (assuming some sort of webpanel or bot has to be used, that the broadcaster has…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Currently the rate limit headers "ratelimit-reset", "ratelimit-remaining" and "ratelimit-limit" are not accessible on browser / cors requests due to browser restrictions.
    I request that Twitch adds the "Access-Control-Expose-Headers" header on the helix endpoints so that tools running in a browser can follow the rate limits without guessing if they are still within the limits or having to watch for 429 HTTP codes.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?