There was an error during translation

Developers

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. There's an error in Section "Using cURL to get the information".

curl command needs param -X if you want to specify the method, for example GET in this case:
    curl -X GET "<url>"...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I’m currently upgrading my app from the old v5 API to the latest Twitch API. The Get Followed Streams endpoint was recently added which I was waiting on. However, the old v5 endpoint contains the “profile_banner” information, while the new equivalent API endpoint does not.

In order to get this information, I would now need to make additional API requests to the Get Users endpoint which also requires an additional user:read:email scope.

I’m requesting this information be added back into the Get Followed Streams endpoint so I don’t have to make additional API requests, and not have to force the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Currently the rate limit headers "ratelimit-reset", "ratelimit-remaining" and "ratelimit-limit" are not accessible on browser / cors requests due to browser restrictions.
    I request that Twitch adds the "Access-Control-Expose-Headers" header on the helix endpoints so that tools running in a browser can follow the rate limits without guessing if they are still within the limits or having to watch for 429 HTTP codes.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It would be great if an authenticated user could look up their own list of subscriptions. Currently, we allow a broadcaster to look up their subscribers, which is channel -> users, but we do not have a way to look up users -> channel. The workaround today is to get all follows for a given authenticated user and then one-by-one look up if the authed user is subscribed to the followed channel.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Social links in response on endpoint "Get users"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Would be useful to create/update/remove a running goal.

To update/change the target whilst one is running if we get a surprise spike in subs
    Or to easily be able to auto start a new goal if the first goal is completed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Would be helpful to provide a openapi/swagger document or json schema for the objects here

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Currently twitch embed does not support vod chat and neither does the helix api.

Twitch only allows vod chat to be seen directly on the website.

This data could be used in a great number of ways by third-parties particularly video editors.

Please add a way to retrieve chat for vods

No? ok. Sadge

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Enjoyed the introductionary steps into the twitch API. Since Twitch CLI readme file is mentioned, it's unnecessary to provide excerpt of it (about homebrew installation), or at least provide all of the possible installation options in this page

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Currently the Get Clip endpoint (/clips) is really plain, and not in a really good way. If we could make more complex queries, that would reduce the number of requests we need to make; therefore, less load on Twitch API itself. If I want 50 English clips from the top clips of a single game, let's say League of Legends, I will have to make 3 requests, ignore those that aren't English, and finally list the top 50. But if I can query a game's top clips, AND the language, I can get those 50 clips all in one request.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. An update on Jan 31, 2019 gave channel moderators the ability to add comments to users within chat. There is currently no way to use the API to be able to set or retrieve comments for users in chat.

This should be available to the broadcaster and all moderators within a channel.

To add a mod comment to a user, the endpoint could take the following data as inputs:
    - User: {user's name}
    - Moderator: {mod's name}
    - Broadcaster: {broadcaster's name}
    - Comment: {comment to be applied}

On success, this would return the following:
    - Success: {true}
    - date: {date}…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. So lately, one of the top streamed content(from what I've seen) is streamers reacting to YouTube videos. What if you could do business with YouTube to have it when Streamers watch these videos, the viewer count from the stream is contributed towards that 1 view from the streamer. Also maybe you could imbed some way to have an Ad play on the side that one would've seen if they clicked on the video themselves.

Then again, idk all of the legal stuff and such that would have to take place. Also it's probably way more complex to have done than…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Currently, it is easy to tell if a user that sent a message in a streamer’s channel is a subscriber, VIP, or moderator of that channel. However, there is no way to tell if that user is a follower of the channel.

With the rise of hate raids and malicious messages, I want to ensure that if a streamer is using a chat box overlay, that they have the option to only let messages from followers appear. Malicious users usually don’t follow the channel, and so this will prevent their messages from appearing on stream.

I do understand that this…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Some services like Streamelements rewards viewers on streamer's channel with points for watching stream. If you would change your Twitch username, channel points will be reset to 0 because service unable to identify who you are (something like you are new) but still remembering old nickname.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. For managing Bans without having to create an IRC connection and to remove the issue of running into the global message limit when banning large numbers of users or cleaning out a large banlist

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. As soon as a user changes his name, the helix/users API can add an entry to the query of the old user name with the new one for a certain time.
    This allows bots that work with the username instead of the ID to react faster to the name change

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. inserire una funzione di chiamata all'api per ritornare la lista dei vip di un determinato canale per poi fare un login riservato ai vip, non trovo funzioni nell'api e questa cosa mi rallenta i lavori. [LINGUAGE ITALIAN]

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Given the fact that Twitch had to take down the follow/unfollow api's due to bot programs that are out there - my suggestion would be to have an approved set of developers that propose and showcase their applications.

This way Twitch could bring back the follow/unfollow API and any service or developer that was in violation of Twitch's TOS regarding the API could be warned and ultimately have their access and credentials removed.

Twitch Developers could review the logs of which applications were connected with BOT services and immediately shut those down rather then removing the api in its entirety…

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?