There was an error during translation

Developers

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The Developer APIs are often used to resolve relationships with sets of accounts used in follow bots through the Block User Endpoint. It would be useful if we could expand the reasons to allow developers to programmatically report bot accounts to help Twitch in removing these accounts. We are all actively building systems to help combat this issue on behalf of Twitch, so let us do our best to help your team.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I see you have it in your v5 API https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/v5/reference/channels#reset-channel-stream-key

But it seems like there's no way to do this in the current API? This would allow someone to create an automated channel for a community, like the Randomania channel, or the ZeldaSpeedruns channel

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add optional parameter for "user_id" as many of the other endpoints.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. instead of using a custom number for bets we should also be able to enter i.e. 20% to easily bet 20% of my channelpoints. also your new ad system sucks. just implement a little banner instead of fullscreen minutelong ads. i know you need the money but imagine a content creator does the most amazing joke ever but you miss it because of an ad.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. "The v5 endpoint searched for the channel title and category. Use “Search Channels” to match channel name or title." on https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/migration is wrong because the new API does not matches the title! There is no replacement for title searching!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Investigating  ·  0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. It would be useful to be able to automate uploading a new channel offline screen.

(And banner too)

We may do game themed offline screens and want to automate doing that.
    And/or manage it on behalf of the streamer, since the only way to currently update offline screens is if you are the broadcaster.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. First of all, thank you for providing developers with valuable tools and apis for twitch. I greatly appreciate the code samples that were provided, however I noticed that there was only a code sample for the authorization code flow. I feel that developers would greatly benefit from examples of how best to work with the implicit code flow. I know this has been an issue for me. For example, if you create an electron application with a modern javascript framework that manages routing, the redirect part of code flow becomes a sticking point. Most of them will use localhost for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Create new IRC/WS CAP REQ "twitch.tv/silent" which prevents any non-staff+ whisper to the connection.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would be useful if we could accept or reject a list of redemptions for handling batch accept/reject events.

Some examples of usage might be using Channel Points to join a game or a queue where a limited number of people can be accepted in. An app may need to reject a long list of users.

We have a use case on an upcoming feature and I'm concerned we'll easily hit the rate limit if a few of our larger channels make use of it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I'd like to see an API endpoint that gives me information about the level of support for a given channel/streamer and user/viewer combination.

On one hand, I as a viewer want to have a way of getting my total numbers raised in support of a given streamer (that is, user BhaaLseN on $channel).

On the other hand, I as a streamer want to have a way of getting total numbers raised by a particular viewer of mine (that is, user $viewer on BhaaLseN).

The former is meant for viewers and addons like FFZ/BTTV that display numbers: amount of subs gifted…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. With the way how certain bots work, Webhooks wouldn't work with said bots. So my Suggestion is to include PubSub so more bots can utilize features like Hype Train and other stuff included on twitch.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Consideration  ·  1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Where is all the information regarding --header 'Authorization

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Extend the Videos API via a "metadata" endpoint, that provides additional data about the video.

Including but not limited to

• Category changes during the video
    • Offsets are relative to the source video that the video is from. So for a highlight it would report the video it was cut from and include where in the origin file the highlight is cut from.

For Example: https://api.twitch.tv/helix/videos/metadata?id=1234
    Metadata would support up to 100 (or 50) id's at once like Get Videos

Returns examples

A video of type archive
    {
    "data": [
    {
    "id": "1234",
    "duration": 18000,
    "chapters": [
    {
    "offset": 0,
    "game…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Right now, you can only check if the streamer setup permissions for your extension from the helper, such as isBitsEnabled, isChatEnabled, isSubscriptionStatusAvailable. It would be nice to be able to query the API to see which permissions the streamer setup.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Include subscription message with the subscription event to be consistent with how bits include messages in the event.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Would be nice to if the Twitch service over at IFTTT had the channel title as an ingredient to be used.

This would enable a huge range of services to utilize the channel title for marketing purposes.

Zapier has this, but not IFTTT.

Screenshot of ingredients:
    https://imgur.com/a/l4DJIsx

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. This guide descibes how Partners can assign someone a lifetime sub that doesn't count to rev of points

https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/lifetime-subscriber-guide-for-partners

The API doesn't present any information as to who is a lifetime sub or not.
    So we cannot guestimate sub points (or revenue if we are building revenue reporting tools for streamers we work with) from the API as we don't know who is a lifetime sub or not.

Please provide an API endpoint that lists these subs, which would be "cheaper" than a boolean flag added to the subscribers endpoint

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please can you provide an endpoint for get emote informations (like channel's id) with emote id(s), this can be usefull ?

PS: Morever, datas returned by the Get all chat Emoticons endpoint API are not updated (here: https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/v5/reference/chat#get-all-chat-emoticons).

Thanks you very much :),

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I agree all the privacy n rules here but I have a suggestion that I need a pop out comment / follow / donate or either subscribed notification while I am streaming with mobile I ha d high hopes for it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Code in Sample 2 doesn't work, not even with freshly created credentials and app tokens.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?